about china

eager

everyone of us know that our prophet Muhammad (SAWS)(pbuh) said ,to seek knowledge one can go to china.My question is why china,what is about????please explain..

Perseveranze

Well, maybe China was significant at the time, with a rich culture and heratige.

But if anything it's a great thing, because of one Muslim going to China, do we have nearly 20million Muslims there today. I think China has the second largest number of Muslims in the world, the first being Indonesia.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It was a figure of speech. It simply tells us not to worry about traveling the distance. China is massive. The Silk Trade Route told us that. There was a lot of communication and trade. For a desert Bedouin that would be an undertaking.

We should not let the barriers stop us from seeking Truth.

Keen4Deen

everyone of us know that our prophet Muhammad (SAWS)(pbuh) said ,to seek knowledge one can go to china.My question is why china,what is about????please explain..

Brother that Hadith is Fabricated (Mawdoo')

The hadeeth, "Seek knowledge even if it be to China"

Related by ibn Adee (2/207)m Abu Nu'aym in 'Akhbaar Asbahaan' and others via many routes of narration, and all of them adding the words "for indeed seeking knowledge is an obligatory duty upon all Muslims."

Ibn al-Jawzee mentions this and then quotes ibn Hibbaan saying, "invalid/rejected, it has no basis" 'al-Mawdoo'aat' (1/215)]

adh-Dhahabee also endorsed the above words of ibn Hibbaan, ['Tarteeb al-Mawdoo'aat' of adh Dhahabee (pg. 52 no. 111)] and likewise as-Sakhaawee ['Maqaasid al-Hasanah' (pg. 86 no. 125)]

al-Albaanee declares this hadeeth to be maudu (fabricated) ['Da'eef al-Jaami as-Sagheer' (no's 1005-1006)]

This information was taken from http://www.rasoulallah.net/v2/document.aspx?lang=en&doc=13200