About Jihad and more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

justcelebre

Salam Brothers and Sisters,

I think recently, a brother/sister posted a discussion about Jihad, terrorism (correct me if I'm wrong because I couldn't find that thread thus why I'm starting a new one). Just today, we had a discussion in my Uni about this particular topic : Jihad, Terrorism and Suicide Bombing. The lecture was given by Sheikh Feizel Chothia - a muslim chaplain in UWA.

Anyway, I wanted to share is this website:

http://perthmuslimyouthforum.com/

That particular lecture will be uploaded soon InsyaAllah on that website and personally speaking, I find it very informative. There are other lectures that can be downloaded as well that discusses about "Sex & Sexuality in Islam", "Women in Islam" etc.

I hope it is beneficial to everyone.:muslim_child:

Wasallam.

three17ent

:salam2:

You know what is interesting... just the other month I posted 2 videos about Jihad, and the sources from the videos are strictly from Quran and some from authentic ahadith.. and just weeks later I got an email from one of the mods saying that they needed to review the video... I guess it was a bit too controversial? I emailed the mod guy back but he never responded and my video never got back on either.... so I am asking my self... this is is turn to Islam yes?? And Jihad is as important in islam as any other major subjects. I am surprise your post is still here..

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I'm not that familiar in Jihad's basics and rulings, But I know that we cant go for Jihad (fighting type of Jihad) unless we are told to do so by our leaders (country leaders).
Unfortunately, even our muslim leaders now adays see Jihad as a type of terrorism.

(4:84) Then fight (O Muhammad SAW) in the Cause of Allâh, you are not tasked (held responsible) except for yourself, and incite the believers (to fight along with you), it may be that Allâh will restrain the evil might of the disbelievers. And Allâh is Stronger in Might and Stronger in punishing.

(8:65) O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Urge the believers to fight. If there are twenty steadfast persons amongst you, they will overcome two hundred, and if there be a hundred steadfast persons they will overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are people who do not understand.
(8:66) Now Allâh has lightened your (task), for He knows that there is weakness in you. So if there are of you a hundred steadfast persons, they shall overcome two hundreds, and if there are a thousand of you, they shall overcome two thousand with the Leave of Allâh. And Allâh is with As-Sâbirûn (the patient).

(9:29)Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah[] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
(9:30) And the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of the those who disbelieved aforetime. Allâh's Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth![]
(9:31) They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allâh (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allâh), and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)) to worship none but One Ilâh (God - Allâh) Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He)[]. Praise and glory is to Him, (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)."

Idris16

You know what is interesting... just the other month I posted 2 videos about Jihad, and the sources from the videos are strictly from Quran and some from authentic ahadith.. and just weeks later I got an email from one of the mods saying that they needed to review the video... I guess it was a bit too controversial? I emailed the mod guy back but he never responded and my video never got back on either.... so I am asking my self... this is is turn to Islam yes?? And Jihad is as important in islam as any other major subjects. I am surprise your post is still here..

:wasalam:

The mod deleted it because in tti we have many non-muslims and they will come up with wrong ideas when they watch the video. It was the same with me when i posted something about jihad and it got deleted but the mod PMd me. And told me that we started this forum to correct the common misconceptions about Islam.

wa salam alaykum

three17ent

:wasalam:

The mod deleted it because in tti we have many non-muslims and they will come up with wrong ideas when they watch the video. It was the same with me when i posted something about jihad and it got deleted but the mod PMd me. And told me that we started this forum to correct the common misconceptions about Islam.

wa salam alaykum

I see what you are saying, in some aspects I can see that we do need to take the proper steps in order to deliver the message properly.
Its kind of strange how the mod failed to mention that part.
And I do must say this though, I would understand if the vids were my own personal opinion but it was straight from Kitabullah.
As long as we deliver the message from the correct sources we are doing one of our jobs as Muslims, and we just pray to Allah to guide them, and well if they want to follow their own misinterpretations and shaitan thats on them.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum,

Jihaad is waajib in Islaam. Denying it is like denying salaah, zakaah, sawm or hajj. Jihaad is an act of worship. Like every act of worship, it has its rulings, its types, its conditions, its obligations etc. We are far better off learning these details from the scholars of Islaam and their students, then posting some YouTube video or article on the subject, most of which are compiled in order to arouse emotions, as oppose to teaching you anything about the subject, and mentioning a few aayaat and ahaadeeth is in no way sufficient teaching.

Jihaad has a definition which does not encompass everything that has been thrown under its banner from the kuffaar, and even the Muslims, the perfect examples being suicide missions and the killing of people who are under a covenant with the Muslims. So based upon that, that there is nothing wrong with posting infromation about this obligation here on TTI. However what some people resort to and what they post is not acceptable. I have seen very few scholarly posts, excerpts, threads on this subject in these forums. Instead, I have seen more news articles (which are acceptable), quotations from people not educated in the matter, opinions of the khawaarij and over emotional posts. I have also seen great neglect and a lack of attention being paid to the most important, primitive type of Jihaad; Jihaad un-Nafs (struggling against oneself to be a better Muslim). I have also seen people feel a strong sense of love/concern for those who go against this obligation, in some way or another; people who transgress the sunnah by killing innocents who they didn't have the right to kill.

Inshaa' Allaah we can all work to resolve this problem, by doing something positive about it. And that comes with knowledge. So I advise you all, myself included, to learn about this matter before posting, consult the books of fiqh, consult the scholars of Islaam, read about the sahaabah's lives, learn about hijrah, the important and neglected deed that is so heavily linked with Jihaad... More important than this is to learn the more basic, elementary pillars of Islaam, knowledge which we need to act upon in our day to day lives. We also need to respond to the misconceptions linked with Islaam, terrorism and Jihaad. The Non-Muslim media, with the aid of some Muslim's deeds, have made the term an synonym to terrorism. Terrorism (by terrorism I'm referring to the well-known events) is prohibited in Islaam!

And to all of you who have posted in this thread, nothing here that I have mentioned is specific to any one of you, so if you feel I'm addressing you specifically, then be informed that I am not.

Was-salaam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

Yes of course we delete stuff. Not just about Jihad, but anything that is not explained properly according to the Quran, Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf Salih.

This website, is for correcting misconceptions about Islam. We have to put what is explained by the senior scholars of the past and present. Not just what someone decides is his own explanation of issues.

We delete videos that are too sensational or are trying pull people with their emotions. Videos with people parading around to Jihadi nasheeds for example, it is also not correct Islamically, for Jihad is an act of worship. In which Riyaa' (showing off) is also something that should not occur.

Jihad is from Islam, and the Muslims must wage it till the day of judgement. It is just like any other aspect of Islam, such as giving to charity, respecting our parents or making Hijrah.

A lot of the people who use our website are non-Muslims or are new to Islam. If they see a video of a guy with a green bandana strapped around his face chanting something with an ak74 in his arm, they will not know what is going on.. Most non-Muslims do not know what is happening in the Muslim world, in Palestine, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq etc.

The News/ Current affairs section was created so that people understand the reality of the Muslim world. The videos, articles that are put there, have to be ones that can clarify the issues pertaining to Muslims in those places.

For example see this thread which I created:

Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience!

or

Read This: Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.
InshaAllah, we will make more articles and a section to explain Jihad, but in meantime, we have A LOT of work already trying to moderate this website.

People, often talk about issues such as Jihad, from a very emotional viewpoint, rather than one that is rooted in real Islamic sources. This goes for both the enemies of Islam who talk against it and those who propose extremist ideas such as terrorism against civillians or suicide bombing.

We delete articles about all sorts of topics, those which are not correct or from unreliable sources or people who are not upon the true Islamic way. This is what differentiates our website from others. If people do not like that, then there are other sites that have less strict moderating/checking.

We simply want people to be able to have a place where there is no arguing and that the content presented is that which is closest to the original Islam as the Companions of the Prophet :saw: and the early generations of Muslims practised.

We ask that people have a little bit of patience, a modicum of respect and understand that there is no conspiracy or something going on here and for the brothers and sisters who work hard in helping people to learn about Islam.

jazakumullahu khayr.

Status
Not open for further replies.