About Jinn in Humanbeing

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2: Brothers & Sisters.
I have a question here. InshaAllah some body will help me here.
I heard recenly from my relatives that Jinn has entered into one of their daughters.
Is it true? In Islam is that possible that Jinn entering into a person and behave differently?

Jazakum Allahu khairan.

Ridwan.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Yes, jinn do have the ability to possess human beings. Your relative should ask an alim or a sheikh to expel it from her. Also, tell him to recite alot of Quran and dhikr.

rizzumd

Your brother
Yes, jinn do have the ability to possess human beings. Your relative should ask an alim or a sheikh to expel it from her. Also, tell him to recite alot of Quran and dhikr.

what is the proof for it? I have not heard any where about it so far. I might be wrong but can you show me some proof?

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
As'salamu aaliekom

Sheikh Assim al hakeem hi give's u some fatwa from islamqa

Possession and the illusions and facts that are connected to it

I have been suffering from jinn possession for nearly two years, and am not cured. What is strange is that I can feel them in my body and can control them to some degree, such as when I hear Qur’aan, I feel pain from them starting in my stomach but I am able, by Allaah’s leave, to make them stop moving.
I believe that they will never leave unless Allaah wills it. So I pray to Allaah and I do not go and look for someone to perform ruqyah by reciting Qur’aan.
Praise be to Allaah, I am righteous by the grace of Allaah, but sometimes I commit some sins. What is the reason for that? What advice can you give?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There are some facts and some illusions connected to the issue of jinn possession, and among most people nowadays the illusions outweigh the facts. The Sunnis are unanimously agreed that the jinn can dwell in the bodies of humans, but that does not mean that everyone who has epilepsy is possessed by the jinn, because epilepsy may have physical causes. The pains etc. that many people feel in their bodies cannot be ascribed for certain to the actions of the jinn, rather they may be illusions or something imaginary.

So you should not pay any attention to the whispers of the Shaytaan that make you think that he has done this and that you can control it. This is one of the ways in which the Shaytaan deceives the Muslim and makes him think that he can control him, and that he has powers that in fact he does not possess. This may lead to bad consequences as has happened to many people.

You have to keep on treating yourself with ruqyah, for the Book of your Lord is available to you. Recite from it and treat yourself with ruqyah. Whether you are possessed or not, you will undoubtedly benefit from this reading and ruqyah.

For more information please see question no. 3476.

If you go to someone who is known for using ruqyah as prescribed in sharee’ah and is also righteous and keeps away from deviance and myths, there is nothing wrong with that and it may be a means of your being healed from this problem.

You have to seek the help of Allaah and pray to Him and beseech Him to prevent the plots of the devils among mankind and the jinn from harming you. Man is always in need of his Lord, and Allaah is Able to rid you of these thoughts, illusions and facts that are harming you.

And Allaah knows best.

ISlam Q&A

The virtues of ruqyah and du’aa’s to be recited therein

What are the virtues of a man reciting ruqyah for himself? What is the evidence for that? What should he say when he recites ruqyah for himself?.

Praise be to Allaah.

1 – There is nothing wrong with the Muslim reciting ruqyah for himself. That is permissible; indeed it is a good Sunnah, for the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited ruqyah for himself, and some of his companions recited ruqyah for themselves.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was ill, he would recite al-Mi’wadhatayn over himself and spit drily. When his pain grew intense, I recited over him and wiped him with his own hand, seeking its barakah (blessing).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4728; Muslim, 2192

With regard to the hadeeth narrated by Muslim (220), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described the seventy thousand of this ummah who will enter Paradise without being brought to account or punished, and in which it says: “They are those who did not recite ruqyah or ask for ruqyah to be done, and they did not believe in bad omens and they put their trust in their Lord” – the phrase “they did not recite ruqyah” is the words of the narrator, not of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Hence al-Bukhaari narrated this hadeeth (no. 5420) and he did not mention this phrase.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

These people are praised because they did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for them, and ruqyah is a type of du’aa’, so they did not ask others to pray for them. The phrase “and they did not recite ruqyah” which is mentioned in the hadeeth is a mistake (on the part of the narrator), for their ruqyah for themselves and for others is a good deed. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited ruqyah for himself and for others; he did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for him. His reciting ruqyah for himself and others was like his making du’aa’ for himself and others; this is something that is enjoined, for all the Prophets asked of Allaah and prayed to Him, as Allaah tells us in the stories of Adam, Ibraaheem, Moosa and others.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 1/182

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This phrase is inserted in the hadeeth, but it is a mistake on the part of some of the narrators. Haadi al-Arwaah, 1/89.

Ruqyah is one of the greatest remedies that the believer should use regularly.

2 – With regard to the du’aa’ that is prescribed for the Muslim to say if he wants to recite ruqyah for himself or for someone else, there are many such du’aa’s, the greatest of which are al-Faatihah and al-Mi’wadhatayn.

A group of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set out on a journey and travelled until they made came near one of the Arab tribes. They asked them for hospitality but they refused to do so. Then the leader of that tribe was stung, and they tried everything but nothing helped him. Then some of them said, Why don’t you go to those people who are staying (nearby)? Maybe some of them have something. So they went to them and said, O people, our leader has been stung and we have tried everything and nothing helped him. Do any of you have something? One of them said, Yes, by Allaah. I will perform ruqyah for him, but by Allaah we asked you for hospitality and you did not give us anything, so we will not perform ruqyah for you unless you give us something in return. So they agreed on a flock of sheep, then he started to blow on him and recite Al-hamdu Lillaahi Rabb il-‘Aalameen. Then he recovered quickly from his complaint and started walking, and there was nothing wrong with him. Then they have them what they had agreed to, and some of them (the Sahaabah) said, Let us share it out. The one who had performed ruqyah said, Do not do anything until we come to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and tell him what happened, and we will wait and see what he tells us to do. So they came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him what had happened. He said, “How did you know that it is a ruqyah?” Then he said, “You did the right thing. Share them out, and give me a share.” And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2276, and by Muslim, 2201).

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was ill, he would recite al-Mi’wadhatayn over himself and spit drily. When his pain grew intense, I recited over him and wiped him with his own hand, seeking its barakah (blessing).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4728; Muslim, 2192

The du’aa’s that have been narrated in the Sunnah include the following:

Muslim (2202) narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-Aas that he complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about pain that he had felt in his body from the time he had become Muslim. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Put your hand on the part of your body where you feel pain and say ‘Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) three times, then say seven times, ‘A’oodhu bi ‘izzat-illaah wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajid wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge in the glory and power of Allaah from the evil of what I feel and worry about).”

Al-Tirmidhi (2080) added: He said, I did that, and Allaah took away what I had been suffering, and I kept on enjoining my family and others to do that.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1696)

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to seek refuge for al-Hasan and al-Husayn, and he would say: “Your father [ meaning Ibraaheemm peace be upon him] used to seek refuge with Allaah for Ismaa’eel and Ishaaq with these words: A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every evil eye).’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3191.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

Based on the interpretation of Qurand and Hadith, below are the opinions of the Scholars on this matter.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Imaam Ahmad said: I told my father that some people claim that the jinn do not enter the body of a human. He said, O my son, they are lying, for a jinn may speak with the tongue of a person who is lying on his sick-bed.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 19/12

“The fact that jinn can enter human bodies is proven by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah."

Ibn Taymiyah (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 42/276)

"There is no one among the imaams of the Muslims who denies that the jinn enter the body of the epileptic. Whoever denies that and claims that Islam denies that is telling lies about the sharee’ah, for there is no evidence in sharee’ah to say that this is not the case…”

From Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), p. 60

:salam2: Brothers & Sisters.
I have a question here. InshaAllah some body will help me here.
I heard recenly from my relatives that Jinn has entered into one of their daughters.
Is it true? In Islam is that possible that Jinn entering into a person and behave differently?

Jazakum Allahu khairan.

Ridwan.

:salam2:

by what you are saying there seems to be no evidence to indicate that.

first if the person is hearing or seeing hallucinations that is an external phenomenon. It could be possible, but most of the time it is a brain disorder. try searching for schizophrenia. it is how they perceive their surroundings.

now there is some treatment for this if the person goes and sees a psychiatrist, a muslim one is much better.

there is a chemical imbalance that sometimes take place in the brain. The causes is not fully understood. The chemical deficiency is by a something that the body produces called dopamine.

you don't need to limit it to one solution or another. You do both you take the person to see a doctor and you ask a sheik to come. The sheik will know within a few minutes of seeing the person. The doctor will evaluate what type of illness it is and prescribe medications.

the person with the problem has to learn about these things too. This will aid in resolving the problem.

in any event, most cases the occur in muslim family are ruled to be possession. This is not always the case. The sheik will tell you. As when there is Quran recited by a person to the ill person, they will know.

and there is no fatwa that says don't go to a doctor, that I know of.

make duaa for the person much,

:wasalam:

arzafar

That's right. They are all opinions. No proof. Nothing in Islam can be stated to be a fact without proof.

This has the matter backwards! You do not state a fact because there is no proof to its contrary! You state a fact because there proof to it.

Once again, I reiterate: I am not necessarily saying that Jinn cannot enter the human body. Anything is possible if God wills it. What I am saying is that there is no proof that they can. The popular argument for it is flawed.

so what kind of proof do you want?

maybe you should ask your local imam to take you to a possessed person and perform ruqyya in your presence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_acZWOQ7dBs

however, not every pain or abnormality is due to jinn possession. just recite azaan or quran in front of the person and if they act strange or violent then you know there something wrong.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Neither this fatwa nor the fatwa it refers to give any evidence to support Jinn possession. This is a popular myth and it is based on a poor interpretation of verse 2:275 and a literal interpretation of a hadeeth of the prophet (pbuh). Jinn exist, they can whisper into our minds, they can touch our bodies but they do not enter them and neither can they control them. Ruqia is indeed Sunna but it has to do with illness, not with possession.

Um.....no.

Jinn possession and the rulings on jinn possession

Can jinn possess humans? And if this is possible, then how will the person be able to account for their actions, whilst they were possessed, on the Day of Judgement?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Yes, it is possible for jinn to possess humans. Allaah says in His Book (Interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat Ribaa [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

See also the answers to questions no. 11447, 42073, 39214 and 1819.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The fact that a jinni may enter the body of a human is proven by the consensus of the imams of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat Ribaa [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

and in al-Saheeh it is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that “The shaytaan flows through the son of Adam like blood.” End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (24/276, 277)

Secondly:

Possession is a kind of sickness. If a person who has this sickness is rational, then he has the choice and he will be brought to account for his words and actions. But if this sickness has overwhelmed him to the point that he has lost his mind and free will, then he is like one who is insane and is not accountable. Hence in Arabic the word mass (possession) is used to refer to junoon (insanity). See Lisaan al-‘Arab (6/217). But if he commits an act of aggression against another when he is insane and destroys his property, for example, then he must pay compensation for that.

See: Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/66-71)

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (16/106):

The fuqaha’ are unanimously agreed that insanity is like unconsciousness and sleep, rather it is more severe in the loss of free will, and it makes whatever he says invalid. For the one who is sleeping, all his verbal statements, such as divorce, becoming Muslim, turning apostate, selling, buying, etc, are invalid. So it is more appropriate that such statements be invalid in the case of insanity, because the insane person has no power of reasoning or discernment. They quoted as evidence for that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The Pen has been raised from three: the sleeper until he awakens, the child until he reaches maturity and the insane person until he comes back to his senses.” Narrated by the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad. The same applies to all verbal statements because of the potential for harm. End quote.

In (16/107) it says:

With regard to the rights of people such as compensation and the like: these are not waived, because he is not accountable for them, rather his guardian is responsible for paying financial dues from the wealth of the insane person. If he commits some crimes, he is accountable for them financially but not physically. If he destroys a person’s property when he is in a state of insanity, compensation must be paid, but if he kills someone there is no qisaas (retaliation), but the diyah must be paid.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Is that proof enough for you?