about mentally disordered muslims

Faslan

what do you think about mentally disordered muslims have any Concession to their sins ?

im not taking about fully mental disable people they cant get an idea about what's right and wrong obviously they are sinless people .but im taking about muslims who suffer form OCD,bi polar , Major depressive disorder,sexual desire disorders .i know some people who suffer these disorder. they have very difficult situations with it.
they do many sins due to these disorders i can tell some situations

one OCD peoson want to repeat his prayers,wudu many time and he often Boredom about prays

some are feel very high level of sexual desire so it hard to concern on daily paryers and ibadaas

extreme depressive disorder patients some times dont pray

sometimes very angry ,abusive ,fighting and scolding to their parents ,broters

but normal people cant understand them

_E_

I have OCD i have blasphemous thoughts and i wash my hands over and over
i have to be careful when am washuing not a repeat it over and over
I also have witch the i dont repeat my prayers over and over
I also have other mental health problems i think it may have been sins in my life before i was a Muslim that made me like this but i have always had problems even from a young age

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
sexual desire disorders .
some are feel very high level of sexual desire so it hard to concern on daily paryers and ibadaas

So this is counted among mental illnesses now? Hm.

I think Muslims with these illnesses have better chances of getting better than non-Muslims. they have ruqyah and medicine/therapy. So help is always available, they should hasten to seek it. May Allaah `azza wa jalla cure them all.

As to your question,
If this person who is affected by waswaas experiences physical movements that he cannot control or he says things that he cannot stop himself saying, then there is no sin on him and he is excused according to Islam, because in that case he has been burdened with something that he cannot bear, so he is excused because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]
“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”
[al-Taghaabun 64:16]
and this goes for all these illnesses. Except for the sexual desire. That's a different case. I've heard of some cases where it become 'addiction' but labeling it as an 'illness' is rather strange, it is something I've yet to come across/hear. It's not something that needs medicine or ruqyah or therapy. Its cure is simple....fasting.​

Eman Yousuf

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

There is no sickness without a cure . What medicine can heal you better than the quran ?

One can listen are recite (what ever is easy) surah Fatiha as it has a cure in itself , it is also called As-Shifa . Sister E- try to listen to surah Fatiha and last 4 verses of surah Mumimoon and of course surah Baqara and ayat tul qursi. Through headphones and make duaa for curing your sickness , also in tahajjud make duaa inshaallah you will be cured of your sickness. insha allah azza wa jalla.

"Allahumma inni asalooka ilman nafiyan wa rizkan wasiyan wa shifa min kulli daa, ameen".

(O Allah I ask you knowledge which benefit me, rizak in abundance and complete cure of my body)

Lets help each other for good causes .

fi amanillah

wa salam