About urdu nasheed rhythms

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
I had a query is it permissible to listen to nasheed that are very melodious
like those of you who know urdu and have heard Late al haaj Khursheed Ahmed's nasheeds.His nasheeds are very melodious but there is no use of musical intrument I'll post a sample insha'allah do tell me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CWZYbBpLI
[yt]68CWZYbBpLI[/yt]

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum wr wb,

In my opinion there is nothing wrong in listening nasheed without music in male's voice. However in many many urdu nasheeds, people exeggerate their love for Prophet (SAW) so much so that it becomes equivalent to shirk. So as long as there is nothing in the words of the nasheed which goes against the Qur'an and Sunnah, there should not be any problem.

How do we express our love for the Prophet? Allah says in the Qur’an:

“Say (O Muhammad, peace be upon him, to mankind): ‘If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.” (Qur’an, 3:31)

Loving Allah and His Messenger means to obey them. Loving Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) means following his Sunnah, reviving his practices which have become uncommon in our societies. It doesn’t mean introducing our own way of worship and rituals as Jashan-e-aamd-e-rasool (Eid Miladul Nabi)

and Allah knows the best,

:wasalam: