Abraham, sara, and Hagar

Muslimah Ann

Asalaam Aluakum,

Can some explain the story of Abraham, Sara and Hagar.

My Christian friends are telling me several stories that I find hard to swallow!

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Wa Alaykum salam ya sister

I couldnt get what exactly you ask about the story but here I found for you. Inshaallah it helps.. If not could you please explain what exactly you want to clear in front of your friends?

I found this from the explanation of zamzam

"Sara, Prophet Ibrahim wife's (peace be upon him), offered him Hajer as a gift, whom Ibrahim married and got his son Ismail (peace be upon him). Prophet Ibrahim was 86 years old at that time.

Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) took his wife Hajer and his son Ismail (peace be upon him) to Mecca which was only a valley between two mountains and left them there with only dates and water as supplies. His wife Hajer called him "Ibrahim, where were you going and leaving us in this valley with no company?", Ibrahim didn't answer her.

She asked him again: "Ibrahim, did God ordered you to do so?" He said yes, to which she replied then he will not leave us, and returned to her place; so Ibrahim continued his way where he reached the house and raised his hands and prayed:

"Lord, I left my wife and son in a barren desert at your sacred House; Lord, let them pray, let some people follow them, give them from your fruits and show them how to offer thanks."

After they were out of water and food, Hajer started climbing up Al Safa Hill maybe she finds someone who saves them or finds food and water, but all were in vain. Then she climbed Al Mrowa Hill seven times until she got tired.

Then God sent Jubraeel (Peace be upon Him) who hit the ground with the foot of the newborn Ismail (Peace be upon Him) from where a spring explodes which Hajer caught its water and said "zemmi zemmi".

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In short: the Christian version includes more emotions between the wives. Sara is the wife who is petty. She becomes envious of Hagar. She is the one who insists Hagar be sent away. Sara does not want Abraham to become close to the son of Hagar.
When Sara was in the court of a king; he was taken by her beauty..and Arbraham acted as her brother..she was the consort of the king...Hagar was a gift given to Sara by the king as Sara and Abraham left.

We are told in the Quran..the facts are corrected.