Advice Appreciated

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:

Do you think its better for a female to improve her personality generally (i.e. stop backbiting, be patient & humble) before doing hijab? This way she won;t represent Islam badly. Or do you think it is something which occurs naturally after someone does hijab? So confused.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome sister.......

I am not currently wearing hijab yet so probably I am not the best person to answer your question. However..........I do have an opinion and a desire to wear hijab too!!! LOL

My opinion is that it is best to wear hijab AS SOON AS YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO.........I believe in my heart that it can actually help your overall attitude to be in Islamic dress because it is a symbol of our beloved religion and wearing it makes you consiously think about what you are doing.

I know as soon as I am able to wear it I intend to do so because my heart desires what Allah wants from us. May Allah make the way easy for all of us who represent Islam. Ameen.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I think changing one's character should begin as *soon* as he/she realizes they have traits which contradict the teachings or requirements of Islam (i.e. backbiting, gossiping, etc.) as no one knows when his/her end might be and if one comes short of making changes then at least he/she had *the intention* and was *preparing* or *beginning* that change..which counts with Allah and He rewards for it as He (swt) Pleases...mind you sister..I believe this same approach should be applied to wearing hijab..a sister should seek to wear it as soon as she can..so she succeeds in accomplishing a fardh upon her...and Allah Knows best

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I started wearing hijab about 2 weeks after I converted. I found wearing the hijab was a constant physical reminder to behave with proper adaab (manners) because I was being watched. Think of it as operant conditioning, change the outward physicality and the inner thinking should follow suit.

Inshallah you will find the strength to wear it soon. :)

Wasalaam