Advice Needed-Mother with Mental Illness

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
No legal issue concerns here. The smart young doctor did not give a absolute diagnosis. She simply read the OP's description and based on her professional experience, she narrowed the differentials to a few possibilities. Notice how she wisely used the words "may have" and suggested that the OP take her mom, the patient, to a professional. Impressive work, Dr. Shyhijabi.

The opponent, on the other hand, jumps into an absurd conclusion. Jinn? Seriously? If you read the vignette, you'll see that this disorder was actually treated. Since when do Jinn die off after taking medicine? Are they like bacteria now? One dose of metronidazole and you poop out dead jinn.

I wonder what your diagnosis of a lump of the breast would be. A jinn egg? And you'll most likely will say, "oh don't you worry. Wait 'til that Jinn egg hatches and then have the local imam exorcise that little pest!"

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

There is no argument here.

Islam does not have restrictions on seeking medical help. It is open.
Jinns do possess humans.

We can not take an internet diagnosis and run with it.

As for the mother we can not formulate opinions. That would be walking down the wrong path. We do not know her. All this is hearsay.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam to all,my Ggod-father has got ill since 1985,when his father died.he cried so much that he fell into a "gallery" of darkness,seeing and hearing voices,confusion into his head.he became another on,he still takes psycho-medicaments for not to hear that confusion.I talked to him about his problem:he 100% can't forget his father,it's like he wants to have him beside.plus,the Evil shows him the things that normally we can't see while awake.his brain got damaged from that trauma and now he can't stop taking those pills...........it's sad,because his experience reflects my situation.in my life I had many bad experiences of violence,and I sometimes see and hear what normal people can't do.I just try to co-live for not to take pills,because those medicaments would lead me to a sedentary life.an advice for this illness could be:speak a lot with your mother,try to make her free her mind,maybe she has got something to say,but she can't explain it,because nobody can understand her.

Ahsen

That's what I meant. People experience events and they don't let go of the emotions. These emotions then chew our happiness from inside. I have heard many people feel happy after trying the sedona method. I am not saying it's the magic pill but there's no harm in trying.

May Allah relieve us all of the stress we hold.

Ameen..