Advice Please

Wulf

A'salaam Alaikum Sister fathom.

Thank you for your kind words, (and your offer :SMILY231: ) However I doubt that our administators really want this site to turn into a Matrimonial Agency.:SMILY27:

Seriously though, I know it will take time and I have made Dua for patience. It may never happen. I am a realist and know that I have little to offer, considering my age and etc.
Despite one brother referring to me as "Grandpa", (yes I have five grand children from three of my daughters), I am not yet over the hill, halfway up maybe but not yet reached the summit.

W'Asalaam
Ibrahim

fathom

Umm Yusuf
wa alaikom salam brother,

thanks for the compliment,but if you're welcome always you're such a brother to me as muslim inshallah you will be among the lucky one as allah (s.w.t) will always guide you.

May ALLAH bless us all in our daily lives

wa sallam :hijabi:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Brother,

Sorry for calling your 'Grandpa' to make you feel older. :shymuslima1: (The admin of this site thinks that only sisters can feel shyness, so there is no shyness emoticon for brothers, as brothers are shameless, :D).

I consider you young at heart and energetic. Calling you grandpa was just a joke as you had said once that your age is three times the age of the most of members here. :)

Anyway, I think you should get married if you feel the need for marriage. And I think broher GlobalPeace has already offered to help any Muslims who are looking to get married. The only condition is that, you should contact brother GlobalPeace through private message.

Wasslaam,
VE

A'salaam Alaikum Sister fathom.

Thank you for your kind words, (and your offer :SMILY231: ) However I doubt that our administators really want this site to turn into a Matrimonial Agency.:SMILY27:

Seriously though, I know it will take time and I have made Dua for patience. It may never happen. I am a realist and know that I have little to offer, considering my age and etc.
Despite one brother referring to me as "Grandpa", (yes I have five grand children from three of my daughters), I am not yet over the hill, halfway up maybe but not yet reached the summit.

W'Asalaam
Ibrahim

Wulf

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Despite one brother referring to me as "Grandpa",

There is no need to feel regret for calling me Grandpa. I am proud to be so. As the father of six Daughters, one son, Grandfather of five Grand Daughters and another on the way I aknowledge my title.

Like you I was joking. Sometimes the Australian Humour can be a bit difficult to understand, even by some Australians.

As for "Shyness", I have to admit to being that way when it comes to Women. Even at my age I still see women as scary. Possibly a result of my very strict religious upbringing, where women were portrayed as the great temptation of man. I suppose when one has Doctrine beaten into one as a child, things tend to stick.
Both my wives proposed to me. So I probably would need help in the end.
I think you may be right, we may need a male "Shyness Emote" though preferably not blushing :SMILY231:
I have placed profiles on Qiran.com and Muslima.com. Now I just need to pay them hehe.

W'Asalaam
Ibrahim

totalcreep

good point brother

salaamu Alaikum,

everyone on the board has come up with good points, especially the post on the impermissibility on chatting. One question I have is how exactly does sheikh IBN JIBREEN's advice to us translate to muslims in the west who dont have access to the opposite sex in properly in the same ways that he would use as a context??

Jazak Allahu Khairan

sameeh

ps. one poster mentioned west african women in a generalized sense, being from nyc, i can see some truthfulness in how many of the new west african immigrants act but we should all be careful to generalize InshAllah.\

that being said, after reading the whole board, she probably is muslim, and probably doesn't really care that she is and used her muslim background to try to get an opening into the situation,,,, in other words "a muslim scam artist" Allah knows best and better.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

SubhanAllah brother Ibrahim, yes patience indeed leads to reward. Age is nothing, its just a number, in this life people will grow old and change, in Jannah everyone will be the same age...never put yourself down, Allah will give you the best insha-Allah.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9214

Loneliness is a heavy burden, and one that, in this day and age, no person should have to carry. To help others to carry that burden would, to me, be an act of Charity and compassion.

You mentioned this once and you are right, but only some people know and feel this, i understand how you feel, you wish to fill this emptiness, (advice brother dont go looking for it, you will end up hurt) believe me :girl3: . Be patient and make lots of Dua to Allah to help you fill this space insha-Allah...

Put your trust in Allah ALONE....

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8838

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7187

May Allah help you my dear brother and us all Ameen Ya Rabb...

Sis Umm Aysha

wasalam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Brother Ibrahim read this insha-Allah....

83. Hasbiyallaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwa 'alayhi tawakkaltu wa Huwa Rabbul-'Arshil-'Adheem .

Allah is sufficient for me . There is none worthy of worship but Him . I have placed my trust in Him, He is Lord of the Majestic Throne . (Recite seven times in Arabic .)

Reference:
Allah will grant whoever recites this seven times in the morning or evening whatever he desires from this world or the next, Ibn As-Sunni (no. 71), Abu Dawud 4/321. Both reports are attributed directly to the Prophet j§ (Marfu1). The chain of transmission is sound (Sahih). Ibn As-Sunni.

wasalam