All the wrong in Islam

ShyHijabi

An QUOTE]

i understand however I didnt come here to talk about Christianity or American society. I just am asking straight forward and dont want to beat around the bush or tip toe around.

My point was, you asked how we can see the actions committed in the name of Islam and still worship. I used the comparison of being an American yet living in a society of inhumane behavior without leaving the country. There are bad people no matter what country, religion, and ethnicity and their actions should not determine what we believe.

There are always ways to ask difficult questions without offending. I myself asked many of the questions you asked but knew I was more likely to receive more information if I approached the person with a polite manner. For instance I would've phrased the question, "Does Islam teach this or is it cultural?" For I asked this very question a few years ago from a Muslim man, I was taught by my family that Islam taught indiscriminate violence and found it uttterly untrue.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

I'll give it you striaght dont judge a religion on the people that follow it because the people are not perfect - instead look at the proof eg Quran.

ShyHijabi

but if thats the truth then Islam takes full responsibility for all the things that go on behind Muslims closed doors.

I think their is SUCH a thing as Cultural Islam.
When one visits Pakistan homes, muslim homes in America and Saudi homes they are all different with sometimes different religious beliefs and Islamic cultural beliefs.

When Islam dominates all aspects of life even the government then it is "cultural".

Maybe I am wrong; but then so would be the thousands who study these things.

Unfortunately I have to return to my studies after posting this so I may not be back for a while. The only people who can take responsibilty for their actions behind closed doors are the people who commit the action. How can Islam be blamed for someone breaking the rules of their religion?

You are speaking of differences in culture not Islam. The message is the same no matter where you go but it is up to the individual to apply the rules to their own life. There is a difference in cultural beliefs, period. A Quran and book of hadiths are the same in a Pakistani's house as a Saudi Arabians, therefore Islam is the same but the cultures are different.

As for the sarcasm, I thought you were here to learn? If you are here to simply to pick a fight then my words are useless and there is no guidance for you. I pray you find peace in your life.

moonnah

Salaam

I'll give it you striaght dont judge a religion on the people that follow it because the people are not perfect - instead look at the proof eg Quran.

how can you separate the two when they read the same quran as I do and do such things?

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Good you've read the quran, as a muslim i believe that the quran is perfect but the humans that follow it are not, therefore how can they be the same thing?

moonnah

Good you've read the quran, as a muslim i believe that the quran is perfect but the humans that follow it are not, therefore how can they be the same thing?

So i should practice and not pay attention to all the wrongs in the world?

Islam is based on the faith and actions of the individual not society. Every soul is responsible for their own actions. On the Day of Judgement Allah (God) will bring forth every single soul and question his/her deeds.

Let me ask you a fundamental of life- what is the purpose of life?

To live a good life, not hurt anyone, stick up for those who cannot. IMO

"Good life" is a relative term. Some people think that drinking alcohol or gambling is a "good life."

What about your Creator, where does He fit in, since you are His creation?

moonnah

"Good life" is a relative term. Some people think that drinking alcohol or gambling is a "good life."

What about your Creator, where does He fit in, since you are His creation?

A "good life" to me is living with God in it, as I do.

Good Life= Godly life, sin less life as possible, hurt no one, help others less fortunate, etc.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam sister, why are you looking at the people who do these bad things. they are not behaing like muslims. if you read the quran you would see the mistakes they r doing, and the mistakes u should not do. the quran tells us how to live like true muslims. and prophet Mohammed sallallaho alaihi wa salam is the prophet that has given us an example of how to be. thanks to Allah off course.

ShyHijabi

Back for a few mins on study break. I think it is possible to do both, practice your religion properly and pay attantion to what is going on in the world. Why would practicing Islam require apathy? I think you are trying to force two seperate issues into one belief, and that is not possible.

Yes, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Christians, and even Atheists commit horrible crimes and sins. I recognize this fact and do my part to add good to this world and not add entrophy. I also practice my religion to the best of my ability. What does the actions of another human being have to do with what Islam teaches? His actions is based off his own judgement and perceptions of how to handle a situation, his decision can be a bad one or a good one.

It seems you expect everyone to react and behave the same way because they carry the title of "Muslim." That is not rational, it is akin to someone saying "All women behave..." or "All Buddhist do...." People are individuals and given to their own strengths and weaknesses, Islam simply shows the truth and humans are free to decided how to receive and act upon that truth.

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom, very well put, Sister ShyHijabi. The teachings of Islam are all about worshipping God alone and associating no partners with him and from that, if one behaves according to the guidance of the Holy Qur'an and follows the example of beloved Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, and all the other beloved prophets like Moses, Abraham and Jesus, one will not get wrapped up in wrongdoings. In fact, if one truly practises Islam and takes time out of their day five times to worship our Almighty Creator, the One God, Allah, this kind of reflection would lead one away from wrongdoing. That is the way most practising Muslims lead their lives, however, these are not the ones you hear about in Western media. Why? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the West has been feeling very threatened by Islam for a long time and now, more than ever, as Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world,
Alhamdulillah :)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Or the "cultural Islam".

How do you still practice yet bad things are done in the name of Islam everyday?

Women beaten and killed unjustly; many men get away with unjustly things (and women do not); women are forced to marry at a young age.

My DH is a Muslim from Pakistan and I know these things happen. I have seen them with my own eyes. These are huges blocks for me.

How can all this be justified?

Asalam Alakum,

Im a little slow here so please bare with me,

U say that ur interested in Islam... im really glad to here that...

Now let me move on to ur question and insha Allah i will try to respond in the best of my knowledge.

How do we still practice Islam when bad things are done under the name of Islam was ur first question...

Its simple if u have strong faith in ALLAH nothing can go wrong with ur practicing. We know that whats done under the "name" of islam is not true and we know what islam teaches us.

Islam teaches us not to kill or rape

Sûrah al An'am 6.151 states:
"Do not take any human being's life, (the life) which God has declared to be sacred - otherwise than in (the pursuit of) justice: this has He enjoined upon you so that you might use your reason."

In the last address to his community, the Prophet (saw) said: "Your lives and properties are forbidden to one another till you meet your Lord on the Day of Resurrection… Regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust… Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you... You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity." The Prophet (saw) did not prohibit only the unlawful encroachment of one another’s life and property, but also honor and respect.

According to Islâm, a woman has to be respected and protected under all circumstances, whether she belongs to your own nation or to the nation of an enemy, whether she follows your religion or belongs to some other religion or has no religion at all. A Muslim cannot outrage her under any circumstances. All promiscuous relationships have been forbidden to him, irrespective of the status or position of the woman, whether the woman is a willing or an unwilling partner to the act.

The words of the Holy Qur’ân in this respect are: "Do not approach (the bounds of) adultery" (17:32). Heavy punishment has been prescribed for this crime, and the order has not been qualified by any conditions. Since the violation of chastity of a woman is forbidden in Islam, a Muslim who perpetrates this crime cannot escape punishment. (Maudoodi)

And about rape, we know rape is haram;

Sûrah an Nâs 4.119 says:
'O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will...'

During the time of the Prophet (saw) punishment was inflicted on the rapist on the solitary evidence of the woman who was raped by him. Wa'il ibn Hujr reports of an incident when a woman was raped. Later, when some people came by, she identified and accused the man of raping her. They seized him and brought him to Allah's messenger, who said to the woman, "Go away, for Allâh has forgiven you," but of the man who had raped her, he said, "Stone him to death." (Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud)

And Marriage against will is also forbidden. A marriage is not correct if the woman does not approve. she has the right to refuse or accept. The forcing of marriage has nothing to do with religion, its certain peoples cultures, they believe a woman has no saying in what she wants. But thats up to them. do not mix Islam with the actions that certain people take even if these people are Muslims.

You asked also why does a man get away with his crime. Sweety, he can get away with his crime all he wants, but thats only in DUNYA(this life) But Allah wont allow him to get away on Judgement day, and he shall face severe punishment.

SALAM,

Waseem203

Young Muslim
It feels that your posts are more geared to insulting Islam rather than learning about it..You seem so certain about your allegation, yet you're putting it forth in a question. It looks like your only intention is try and sway Muslims into beleivng of the things you've "seen" with your own eyes.

The Prophet (SAW) had said :Envy, hate and bloodshed will be at a prime before the Day of Judgement. Religious knowledge will decrease, and people will be selling their religion.

Guess what?
Prophecy fufilled.

There are alwawys going to be a few black sheep in the herd, for you to judge the nation by the one misguided fellow is inrational.

If your insinuation is that becuase you've seen a few muslims bombing, killing, and sheding blood then the rest are alike, then, hate to break it to you. You're wrong.

I can point you to atleast 20 verses from the Qur'an that more than HIGHLY disaprove of the
ill-mannerd actions of some Muslims lead to strife. If you thought that these inhumane doings are limited to the adherents of Islam--then, your wrong again. Reasearching some historical figures over the years can show you that hate and bloodshed has spread as time passed.

I supposed to overall message of my post is that you never judge a religion by it's adherents, rather, by itself. A human and Islam are two seperate things. Islam is perfect, and a human has free-will to determine if hes Islamic.

Its your choice, is it a bargain you're willing to take?