All the wrong in Islam

sunnahwarrior

Question regarding Islam

Ms. Moonah,

Can you re-state what problems of Islam you want to concern about?

So that we can discuss in a directed manner.

It is also because I am left the topic right now .
maybe I'll try to help as much as possible.

palestine

Servant of Allah
moonnah. so you saw these things with your own eyes. it does not mean that every person who "claims" to be muslim is actually practicing islam. just like every other religion. islam forbids women to beaten or abused or cheated on or to be seen as sex objects. and people who do such things are not following islam, nor are they following cultural islam but they're following their own lusts and desires and the practices of their ancestors. i don't get it. aren't you oldn enough to know not to judge a book by it's cover dear? don't you know that humans are not perfect and make mistakes daily. ISLAM IS PERFECT, MUSLIMS ARE NOT. muslms are human beings like everyone else. they are not perfect and cannot be perfect. they may try their best however. but those who set bad examples and who display muslims to be inhumane and monsterous- well then that's them and not all muslims are that way. instead of asking these questions dear- i think you should look in the quran and study with your own eyes the beauty of islam. you are looking at muslims who make too many mistakes and you are taking their word. do not study muslims, study islam. peace.

tabaria

:salam2:

It's simple really. I'm muslim because I believe in one god and Mohammed as his final messenger.

The world is not perfect, it was never meant to be. In Toronto, Canada last year 10 women were killed due to domestic violence.

In the U.S. 4 women die everyday due to domestic violence.

In the U.S. 1.2 million women are raped by current or former male partners.

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/stats.html

MOSABJA

The thread Moonah has started should be called as ZNN,BBC FOX style thread.

these are the people who get these things from western media.These media outlets take one PARTICULAR case in one CORNER of the world and start generalizing.

In Pakistan yes women are being raped .But how much is the ratio .May be 1 or 2 in a month .That too in Mush's time.While in US 1 women is raped in I think some 1 or 2 minute.

SO COMPARE YOURSELF.

Then the BBC,CNN would take one isolated BURN case in Afghanistan and say all taliban do this.Then I remember a woman by the name of MUKHTARA MAI was raped in pakistan and then she went to Australia,England,France,USA won the prizes.

The question is that Rape itself is that much uncommon in all Muslim countries that these events are HIGHLIGHTED.
OTHERWISE.
In west thousands of women raped go unnoticed.

Then I have the experience of being with Women rights activists.One of them happens to be friend of my relative.I remember them bagging 2 million $ from an Australian for making False cases.Like give some money to a poor women.Ask her to put her children for sale and say there's DIRE POVERTY.Then rock n roll.Same thing happen with these cases of domestic violence .These NGOs take up the cases and IRONICALLY the same NGO is against CAPITOL PUNISHMENT for rapist .Same NGO is for abolishing Blasphemy laws in Pakistani constitution .Thats contradiction on one hand they talk about rights of RAPED.then they talk about rights of RAPIST of not being HANGED.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum
Dear moonah
If you find some bad apples in a fruit store.. You can't blame the whole fruit store for that.. Even if you look at the probability of rotten apples in different stores. And by your logic you'll find people in other religion being far worse than muslims.. And the ratio of good apples : bad apples is Alhamdulillah very good in ISLAM.
No offence to any religion. But your questions are really illogical.
DON'T JUDGE A RELIGION BY LOOKING AT MINORITY WHO ARE THE CULPRIT. BUT SEE THE SOURCE OF THE RELIGION. QUR'AN. The true word of ALLAH(SWT).. And when you go through that you find yourselves whining over people who are doing the wrong thing. But help them to seek the right path.
Walaikumussalam.

A "good life" to me is living with God in it, as I do.

Good Life= Godly life, sin less life as possible, hurt no one, help others less fortunate, etc.

Hello Moonnah,

The purpose of life is summed in two words: Worship God.

Your next question should be - how do you worship God?

What you stated above is exactly the same principles and teachings as the Holy Quran!

May God help you find truth, peace, and happiness.

Best wishes,

TheHumbleWun

cmelbouzaidi

Dear Moonnah,

This is my second response on the subject but just to get you thinking logically. Christianity is the number one religion in the USA... let me give you a synopsis of typical stories that I read about in the papers or see on the news in this country:

Two or three years ago a depraved man broke into his neighbour's house in Florida not too far from where I am and stole a little girl. He proceeded to torture and sexually assault the little girl and finally he buried her alive with her favourite cuddly toy. The girl was about 7 years old and her name was Jessica. It was a heartbreaking story and one that still haunts me today.

Last August in California (although this one didn't even make news in Florida but I heard about it through a personal connection to the victim)... A six year old boy was hacked to death outside his apartment by a man wielding a meat cleaver. His mother nearly died trying to save her son. His name was Sev'n and if ever you saw his picture, it would just simply break your heart. I live with this story every day and I only saw the boy's picture.

Two years ago another local story haunted me. A little 2 year old boy was playing outside his apartment and a man posing as the icecream man kidnapped him, assaulted him and left him for dead in a dumpster 60 miles from his home. This little boy was lucky someone found him within hours and he survived, physically at least.

Several years ago, I remember the story of a stepfather who slammed his toddler stepdaughter against the wall until she died, simply because she has had a bathroom accident in her underwear. Another horrific act.

These are just some of the stories that we hear about in the news in the USA every day. As a mother with two little ones, I find these stories very horrific and I do feel heartbreak and rage (May Allah forgive me) when a child is the victim of a senseless crime. None of the murderers and criminals were Muslim, Moonnah. Does that mean that I should deduce from that that Christianity is all wrong and harbours depraved criminals or turns what would be decent human-beings into criminals? Heck, no...... It is enough to say that these people were evil. How could I blame Christianity for the acts of some evil individuals? It would not be logical or fair. The same goes for anyone trying to blame the religion of Islam for any evil acts done by anyone calling themselves Muslim or living in a Muslim country.

It is not fair and if you are smart, Moonnah, you are well aware of that already :)

PS - Did anyone blame Christianity for the Oklahoma city bombing? Muslims didn't try to do that to Christians, why would Westerners try to be unfair to Muslims in return, it is not just? However, as I previously mentioned on your other post re: Saudi man with 58 wives.... the West is very threatened by Islam more than ever as Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and more and more people are turning to Islam every day. I was one of them 17 years ago and my life has taken a spiritual route that was simply a void before I became Muslim, Alhamdulillah.

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salamo Alikom dear sister,
You have just said it, "in the name of Islam".
That sums it all up, right?
JUDGE ISLAM BY IT'S TRUTH AND NOT BY WHAT SOME PEOPLE DO IN ITS NAME.
Islam does not need people, but people need Islam.
Read what Islam teaches. And only then you can know the truth.
SAlamo Alikom

msaeed

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarakatuh,

InshAllaah everyone is well. InshAllaah please let's all be a little bit more patient and understanding when answering sister moonah's questions or addressing her concerns. It's easy to be biased from just forming an opinion on what you hear in the media or even what you see in a specific place. Alhamdulilah though, she has made an effort by joining this forum and seeking clarification and so we should try to not give in to anger or frustration just because of circumstances or experiences.

Sister moonah, I can understand that you are frustrated at what you hear and see. However, InshAllaah if you have more patience then perhaps even just wording your comments or questions in a more delicate manner would help avoid an insulted and aggravated reaction from some of the members. It is not uncommon at all for many Muslims everywhere, to be constantly harrassed by people or the media for pracitising a religion that others fail to even try to understand, but only distort the truth even further. So please forgive the frank responses and InshAllaah they will be more patient with you, and you with them. If you need anything please feel free to PM me anytime InshAllaah.

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarakatuh.

moonnah

Point taken!

Dear Moonnah,

This is my second response on the subject but just to get you thinking logically. Christianity is the number one religion in the USA... let me give you a synopsis of typical stories that I read about in the papers or see on the news in this country:

Two or three years ago a depraved man broke into his neighbour's house in Florida not too far from where I am and stole a little girl. He proceeded to torture and sexually assault the little girl and finally he buried her alive with her favourite cuddly toy. The girl was about 7 years old and her name was Jessica. It was a heartbreaking story and one that still haunts me today.

Last August in California (although this one didn't even make news in Florida but I heard about it through a personal connection to the victim)... A six year old boy was hacked to death outside his apartment by a man wielding a meat cleaver. His mother nearly died trying to save her son. His name was Sev'n and if ever you saw his picture, it would just simply break your heart. I live with this story every day and I only saw the boy's picture.

Two years ago another local story haunted me. A little 2 year old boy was playing outside his apartment and a man posing as the icecream man kidnapped him, assaulted him and left him for dead in a dumpster 60 miles from his home. This little boy was lucky someone found him within hours and he survived, physically at least.

Several years ago, I remember the story of a stepfather who slammed his toddler stepdaughter against the wall until she died, simply because she has had a bathroom accident in her underwear. Another horrific act.

These are just some of the stories that we hear about in the news in the USA every day. As a mother with two little ones, I find these stories very horrific and I do feel heartbreak and rage (May Allah forgive me) when a child is the victim of a senseless crime. None of the murderers and criminals were Muslim, Moonnah. Does that mean that I should deduce from that that Christianity is all wrong and harbours depraved criminals or turns what would be decent human-beings into criminals? Heck, no...... It is enough to say that these people were evil. How could I blame Christianity for the acts of some evil individuals? It would not be logical or fair. The same goes for anyone trying to blame the religion of Islam for any evil acts done by anyone calling themselves Muslim or living in a Muslim country.

It is not fair and if you are smart, Moonnah, you are well aware of that already :)

PS - Did anyone blame Christianity for the Oklahoma city bombing? Muslims didn't try to do that to Christians, why would Westerners try to be unfair to Muslims in return, it is not just? However, as I previously mentioned on your other post re: Saudi man with 58 wives.... the West is very threatened by Islam more than ever as Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and more and more people are turning to Islam every day. I was one of them 17 years ago and my life has taken a spiritual route that was simply a void before I became Muslim, Alhamdulillah.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Dear Moonnah,

Assalamu Alaykum,

Well said, Masha'Allah. May Allah SWT protect all the innocent children from the evil people that walks on this earth. Ameem!!

Mairo

Maryama
Or the "cultural Islam".

How do you still practice yet bad things are done in the name of Islam everyday?

Women beaten and killed unjustly; many men get away with unjustly things (and women do not); women are forced to marry at a young age.

My DH is a Muslim from Pakistan and I know these things happen. I have seen them with my own eyes. These are huges blocks for me.

How can all this be justified?

Assalaamu aleikum

Welcome Moonah, I appreciate your sincerity and am glad you are here asking questions. May Allah bless you in your efforts to understand.

InshaAllah (God willing) you may end up being among those who struggle for the cause of good, who God mentions in the Qu'ran:
[3.104] And from among you there should be a party who invite to good and enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong, and these it is that shall be successful.

Islam calls us to worship and submit to God, and to do good and forbid evil. As you may be aware of "The Golden Rule" to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, you may not be aware that this is also major concept in Islam. The two main commands that Jesus instructed: to Love God with all your soul and to love your neighbor as yourself, are exactly what is stressed in Islam.

Please do yourself a favor and learn as much as you can about the prophet Muhammad's example (may peace be upon him), a good thread to read is here: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32614 and http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27347
and also reading the Qu'ran for yourself. If God intends to guide you, you will be guided by these sources. You will not be able to learn about Islam properly from those who are practising the religion incorrectly. The fact of the matter is that there are many in the world today of all different backgrounds and religions that are misguided. But in spite of this, Allah will guide whomever he wishes to the right path.

[7.178] Whomsoever Allah guides, he is the one who follows the right way; and whomsoever He causes to err, these are the losers.

[5.15] O followers of the Book! indeed Our Apostle has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from Allah;
[5.16] With it Allah guides him who will follow His pleasure into the ways of safety and brings them out of utter darkness into light by His will and guides them to the right path.

[10.35] Say: Is there any of your associates who guides to the truth? Say: Allah guides to the truth. Is He then Who guides to the truth more worthy to be followed, or he who himself does not go aright unless he is guided? What then is the matter with you; how do you judge?

May Allah continue to guide us in the straight way

Best wishes to you

Zayna85908

None muslims who say they are muslim, and none muslims who hav a different religion go out drinkin, have many many boyfriends and girlfriends, have a casual sex with people they dont know and take drugs and become lesbians and they blame us for killing, beating wives and forced marriages? YOU tell ME who is civilised and who is NOT!!!

moonnah

None muslims who say they are muslim, and none muslims who hav a different religion go out drinkin, have many many boyfriends and girlfriends, have a casual sex with people they dont know and take drugs and become lesbians

When someone does these things (above) they hurt themselves and its never in the name of religion.

and they blame us for killing, beating wives and forced marriages? YOU tell ME who is civilised and who is NOT!!!

when someone does this they hurt other people.
I sure hope you understand the difference in what you pointed out.
"usually" these are done in the name of religion.

I am not saying either is ok; the first set is moral sins and the second set is
misguided people . As other have said "use" religion to their benefit.
Neither is civilized !

IMO

bilalswife1983

Dear Moonnah,

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

JAZAKI ALLAH! For your beautiful answer. You took words right out of my mouth and then added to them lol and you did it beautifully. :ma::ma::ma:

AAminAA

Amatullah
Or the "cultural Islam".

How do you still practice yet bad things are done in the name of Islam everyday?

Women beaten and killed unjustly; many men get away with unjustly things (and women do not); women are forced to marry at a young age.

My DH is a Muslim from Pakistan and I know these things happen. I have seen them with my own eyes. These are huges blocks for me.

As salamu alaykum Moonnah

Saying this for muslim woman must be no other then you don't know anything about Islam and also, you don't know anything about how Judaism and Christianity are teaching about woman. Islam brings woman and her rights in mosy higher level of respect !

Want a proof ? So let's get started.... This aint gonna be a story, it's going to be supported by quotes from, Torah, Bible and Quran.

First of all you need to learn not to blame any religion for actions of some people who doesn't even know about his religion. For this matter, let's see what our books teaches us

Bismillah

1 Timothy 5:14 “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.”

Titus 2:4-5 “That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.”

SHAMEFUL DAUGHTERS?

In fact, the difference between the Biblical and the Quranic attitude towards the female sex starts as soon as a female is born. For example, the Bible states that the period of the mother's ritual impurity is twice as long if a girl is born than if a boy is (Lev. 12:2-5). The Catholic Bible states explicitly that:

"The birth of a daughter is a loss" (Ecclesiasticus 22:3).

In contrast to this shocking statement, boys receive special praise:

"A man who educates his son will be the envy of his enemy." (Ecclesiasticus 30:3)

Jewish Rabbis made it an obligation on Jewish men to produce offspring in order to propagate the race. At the same time, they did not hide their clear preference for male children : "It is well for those whose children are male but ill for those whose are female", "At the birth of a boy, all are joyful...at the birth of a girl all are sorrowful", and "When a boy comes into the world, peace comes into the world... When a girl comes, nothing comes."7

A daughter is considered a painful burden, a potential source of shame to her father:

"Your daughter is headstrong? Keep a sharp look-out that she does not make you the laughing stock of your enemies, the talk of the town, the object of common gossip, and put you to public shame" (Ecclesiasticus 42:11).

"Keep a headstrong daughter under firm control, or she will abuse any indulgence she receives. Keep a strict watch on her shameless eye, do not be surprised if she disgraces you" (Ecclesiasticus 26:10-11).

It was this very same idea of treating daughters as sources of shame that led the pagan Arabs, before the advent of Islam, to practice female infanticide.

The Quran severely condemned this heinous practice:

"When news is brought to one of them of the birth of a female child, his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief. With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain her on contempt or bury her in the dust? Ah! what an evil they decide on?" (16:59).

It has to be mentioned that this sinister crime would have never stopped in Arabia were it not for the power of the scathing terms the Quran used to condemn this practice (16:59, 43:17, 81:8-9). The Quran, moreover, makes no distinction between boys and girls. In contrast to the Bible, the Quran considers the birth of a female as a gift and a blessing from God, the same as the birth of a male.

The Quran even mentions the gift of the female birth first:

" To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female children to whomever He wills and bestows male children to whomever He wills" (42:49).

In order to wipe out all the traces of female infanticide in the nascent Muslim society, Prophet Muhammad promised those who were blessed with daughters of a great reward if they would bring them up kindly:

"He who is involved in bringing up daughters, and accords benevolent treatment towards them, they will be protection for him against Hell-Fire" (Bukhari and Muslim).

"Whoever maintains two girls till they attain maturity, he and I will come on the Resurrection Day like this; and he joined his fingers" (Muslim).

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Or the "cultural Islam".

:salam2:

many in america claim that america is a " christian " nation, but is it really? i would have never have known that it was with all of the murders, rapes, robberies, adult movies, child molestation, abuse against women, bombing of innocent countries etc. none of these things are characteristic of christianity, yet it's a " christian " nation. my point is that muslims that happen to be extremists do not speak for the muslim world. it may appear to be so, because the media loves those types of muslims that they can use to make islam and muslims look bad.
:wasalam:

AAminAA

Amatullah
More

EVE'S FAULT

The three religions agree on one basic fact: Both women and men are created by God, The Creator of the whole universe. However, disagreement starts soon after the creation of the first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve. The Judaeo-Christian conception of the creation of Adam and Eve is narrated in detail in Genesis 2:4-3:24. God prohibited both of them from eating the fruits of the forbidden tree. The serpent seduced Eve to eat from it and Eve, in turn, seduced Adam to eat with her. When God rebuked Adam for what he did, he put all the blame on Eve, "The woman you put here with me --she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Consequently, God said to Eve:

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you."

To Adam He said:

"Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree .... Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life..."

The Islamic conception of the first creation is found in several places in the Quran, for example:

"O Adam dwell with your wife in the Garden and enjoy as you wish but approach not this tree or you run into harm and transgression. Then Satan whispered to them in order to reveal to them their shame that was hidden from them and he said: 'Your Lord only forbade you this tree lest you become angels or such beings as live forever.' And he swore to them both that he was their sincere adviser. So by deceit he brought them to their fall: when they tasted the tree their shame became manifest to them and they began to sew together the leaves of the Garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: 'Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you that Satan was your avowed enemy?' They said: 'Our Lord we have wronged our own souls and if You forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be lost' " (7:19:23).

A careful look into the two accounts of the story of the Creation reveals some essential differences. The Quran, contrary to the Bible, places equal blame on both Adam and Eve for their mistake.Nowhere in the Quran can one find even the slightest hint that Eve tempted Adam to eat from the tree or even that she had eaten before him. Eve in the Quran is no temptress, no seducer, and no deceiver. Moreover, Eve is not to be blamed for the pains of childbearing. God, according to the Quran, punishes no one for another's faults. Both Adam and Eve committed a sin and then asked God for forgiveness and He forgave them both.