Alo

Salam alaikum TurnToIslam and to my brothers and sisters!

My name is Amena (or I go by my given name Kathleen). I converted to Islam just three very short years ago. I have picked up many books, read through countless articles, continue to learn Arabic, and try very hard to improve upon myself and my understanding of Islam everyday. As a convert I have yet to make any viable connections to the Muslim community. I know that this burden must be my own to bear. So I have scoured the internet looking for a community that seemed safe, well moderated, open-mined and above all filled with God-fearing, God-loving people who truly wish to be apart of a special opportunity to push each other always toward Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala). I look forward to having the opportunity to speak, learn and grow with you all!

Ma’a salama for now :hijabi:!

Seeking Peace

Salam alaikum TurnToIslam and to my brothers and sisters!

My name is Amena (or I go by my given name Kathleen). I converted to Islam just three very short years ago. I have picked up many books, read through countless articles, continue to learn Arabic, and try very hard to improve upon myself and my understanding of Islam everyday. As a convert I have yet to make any viable connections to the Muslim community. I know that this burden must be my own to bear. So I have scoured the internet looking for a community that seemed safe, well moderated, open-mined and above all filled with God-fearing, God-loving people who truly wish to be apart of a special opportunity to push each other always toward Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala). I look forward to having the opportunity to speak, learn and grow with you all!

Ma’a salama for now :hijabi:!
Walaikum Salam Wr Wb Sister...

Ma Shaa Allah...Ahlan Wa Sahlan to the family of Islam my lovely sister in Deen...

welcome to the forum...In Shaa Allah you'll find very loving sisters who not only help in understanding and learning Islam but who will be there for you as sisters in Deen if the need arises...feel free to explore the site In Shaa Allah...you'll see that mostly brothers and sisters are very welcoming In Shaa Allah...

take care, stay blessed...may you be in the protection of Allah S.W.T..

W'S..

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah

Welcome to the family sister Amena. Alhamdulillaah for the good news of your guidance!
As a convert I have yet to make any viable connections to the Muslim community. I know that this burden must be my own to bear.
I think besides finding a good community online you should definitely look into getting involved with the Muslim communities in your area. Do you live in Indianapolis, because I just read that that city alone has 15 Sunni masaajid maashaa'Allaah. :)

And inshaa'Allaah you'll like it here. Feel free to read, share and ask questions!

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Welcome sis and please ask away as there are so many knowledgeable brothers and sisisters here who can help you In Shaa Allah.

Shukran everyone, masha'Allah, truly the blessings of finding this site is with Allah (swt) alone!

Janaan, I currently live about 3 hours north of Indianapolis. There is a local masaajid near me but I was made to understand that I could not go without paying a $200 membership fee. I did email them tonight to make sure that there is no misunderstanding on my part. In Shaa Allah I will find both a masaajid that is welcoming and the pleasure of learning more now that I am an active member here :D May you all be in the greatest blessings of Allah (swt).

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum sister,

Welcome to the site!

Make sure you get in touch with a masjid upon Quran and Sunnah, I mean purely upon it! It's important to learn Islam from the right sources and may Allah always keep us on the straight path!

Jazakillahu khayran

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Welcome to the site ukht. I'm so pleased to have another sister here*Smile*. Hope you like it here and benefit from TTI. You intro made me smile.

Eman Yousuf

:salam:, :SMILY206:, have a nice stay sister. May Allah (swa) increase your knowledge and make you strong in your deen (Islam).:star:

ma salaam

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Janaan, I currently live about 3 hours north of Indianapolis. There is a local masaajid near me but I was made to understand that I could not go without paying a $200 membership fee. I did email them tonight to make sure that there is no misunderstanding on my part.
What? :eek: Subhaanallah, never heard of such a thing! Yes inshaa'Allah do ask them for a clarification and if they still insist in you paying the fee I advice you to find a different masjid, there's clearly something fishy going on over there because attending the masaajid is free subhaanallaah.

:salam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
What? :eek: Subhaanallah, never heard of such a thing! Yes inshaa'Allah do ask them for a clarification and if they still insist in you paying the fee I advice you to find a different masjid, there's clearly something fishy going on over there because attending the masaajid is free subhaanallaah.

:salam:
Sister amenajade0406 take Janaan with you. Both of you make the "whaaaaa?" expression and Inshaa`Allah they'll change their policy.