am i crazy?? possosesd?? mad?? help!!!

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I been through this once before, felt like it was my time, and felt my soul leaving my body for a second, in this second i could see the moon in the middle of the sky while in my bed without looking through the window as if there was no roof ubove, Uptil today i have no clue what it was. but i'd like to think that i was given another chance to become a better muslim.

MaddieTheHijabi

Abdul Ghareeb and Aaminah..I had the exact thing happen to me the past couple of years. I've only had it like 4 or 5 times, and the last time that happened, I actually woke up before I was back inside my body (my soul/conciousness...etc) and I was hovering in my room and my bed, then quickly I woke up with paralysis. Sometimes it feels like a heavy weight on top of me, along with ringing in my ears, or buzzing, or vibration feeling...I thought this was just a noctural panic attack, or even jinn possession since I was suffering anxiety and depression a while back.

however, I've learned that this is completely normal. It's just sleep paralysis. The mind wakes up, before the body does. Every muslim knows Allah takes our souls when we sleep, and that it's the lesser death. In your case, your body thought your mind was asleep before it really was, and shut down. If your body didnt paralyze itself while sleeping, then you'd act out your dreams and wake up a lot lol.

So al hamd lilah this is nothing to worry about :3. And of course reading ayat el kursi before sleep helps, however when I had this last month, I BELIEVE I had recited it before sleep, which just confirms this is a normal scientific phenomena. Infact, after reading a bit about astral projection, it's actually considered the stage before your conciousness leaves your body! haha. Interesting, eh?

aisha16

Seems to be pretty common from all the replies people are giving. Pretty creepy. That sort of thing never happened to me fortunately. I always make sure to say Ayatul Kursi and the last three surahs of the Quran..but my little sister experienced something like this. She was trying to go to sleep late at night when everyone was already sleeping, but felt someone hands on her neck, like they were trying to choke her..she opens her eyes and no one is there and she feels the same feeling on her neck again...no one there..and when she said she went to the bathroom her whole neck was bright red...pretty creepy....and she had said she did recite Ayat Kursi before sleep as well.