am i jealous?

theonlystar

salam

happy eid.

mum and me were talking about life and i told her my brother is lucky and i am unlucky because his wife is very happy with her but my wife is not happy with me because we cant speak in same launguge, mum told me i am jealous of my brother but i am not jealous beacause i dont say i wish them bad luck, i am just saying they are lucky and i'm unlucky and Allah knows best.

my sister will having a baby but me and my wife are trying to get a baby but we are still not get it and allah knows best. i told mum sister is lucky to having a baby and i'm unlukcy but allah knows best, she told me i'm jealous of her. i am not jealous because i wish them good luck.

please correct me, am i jealous or what? I DONT WISH THEM BAD LUCK IF THEY HAVE A GREAT NEWS....i think my mum is wrong....

ws

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

I guess your intention are nice brother, but to avoid any evil eye towards anyone that you've seen something you like in them say '' Mashallah, baraka Allahu lahu/laha (someone absent).. Or, Mashallah wa baraka Allahu feek/feeki (someone present with you). I believe that if you mention dua whenever you speak about something nice you've seen in your brother/sister, that way you love for your brother what you love for yourself, and you tried to protect it. Ask Allah (swt) to give rizq and bless you with it.

Dua : Congratulations for new parents inshallah

Inshallah wa barakallaahu laka fil-mawhoobi laka, wa shakartal-waahiba, wa balagha ashuddahu, wa ruzigta birrahu

May Allah bless you with His gift to you, and may you (the new parent) give thanks, may the child reach the maturity of years, and may you be granted its rightousness.

Dua: What to say if something happens to displease you:

Alhamdu lillaahi 'alaa kulli haal

Praise is to Allah in all circumstances...

or Qad'ara Allah Wa Masha'aa Fa'al..

May Allah (swt) bless you with his gifts, and bless you marriage with joy and comfort.. Amiin

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Awww well you're the only person who can really tell if you're jealous or not but as you said you just wish them goodluck and that you're happy for them, using that as basis, I think you are not jealous Inshaa'Allaah. Prolly your mum is just teasing you :D Just be patient whatever your mum says, Insaa'Allaah she didn't mean to accuse you :)

May Allaah swt bless you and your wife with a healthy and beautiful child AMEEN.