Americans Don't Like Dawah Dolls

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doll Says 'Islam,' Angers Many

A popular doll on many children's Gifts lists is causing controversy and drawing heat from parents because of what it says.

BALTIMORE - A popular doll on many children's Christmas lists is causing controversy and drawing heat from parents because of what it says.

[yt]HYaEcj9IVBI[/yt]

Shoppers React

Fisher Price's Little Mommy doll coos, moves and takes a pacifier. It's designed to be as life-like as possible, but some of the dolls say more than just "mama." Many parents said they can hear the doll saying "Islam is the light."

"It's very muffled, and I'm sure it's for a reason," shopper Kelly Snider told 11 News after hearing it.

Many people who heard the phrase were shocked and confused, 11 News reporter Kerry Cavanaugh said.

"Some people would probably laugh, but I think some people would be very offended," said mother Roberta Roberts.

"Especially when kids are so young and pick up on things so easily," Snider added.

Fisher Price did not answer 11 News questions Friday. Managers at the Towson Target and Wal-Mart stores that sell the doll said they were surprised when 11 News brought it to their attention.

They said they thought the questionable recording was dropped from the current version of the doll. Representatives for Target and Wal-Mart said they plan to continue selling the doll because the manufacturer hasn't recalled it.

"We all have our beliefs, but to do something like this -- it's so wrong," said one mother.

"I would take it back to the store for a refund," said a father who spoke with 11 News.

It's currently unclear how the phrase got programmed into the dolls.

Cavanaugh saw dozens of dolls on the shelves Friday. Some said the phrase while others did not.

maryjo

Islam IS the light-even lifeless and brainless dolls say so hahaha-too bad some HUMAN BEINGS are too dumb to see so.

BigAk

How did they come about?? I'm confused as to how this has happened?? Anyone has a logical explanation???

It's sad how the Christian is already pre-programmed to hate Islam. Did you hear the comments??.... Sad....

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
haha ...Its been going for a while .
One of the sisters went here to buy one of those dolls and they all say Islam is the light...
The lady on the video is completely lieying, saying that doll says "satan is the King"

Another thing actually many people dont understand what it says ,until you tell them what it says ,then they say "yes" it says that ,lol..

The dolls are still in the stores and havent been removed .The Fisher Price said its an error and they dont hear it saying "Islam Is the Light"...:)

waaleikum salam

pcozzy

:salam2:

islamaphobia
Fox news of course
stupid, and the manufacturer is probably laughing at it.

It is saying:

I am the the light.

funny how the first girl said "Islam is the Light" and had the nerve to say "then it said satin is your friend".

Of course fox news clipped just the statement because when they interview a person they can flip what you are saying with media editing. Sensationalism is the tool of media now a days. They figure that is what people like to watch.

we should ignore these insignificant events, they just make a muslim get angry over a bunch of nobodies, who with the shatan are trying their best to do what they do.

Fox news is a garbage news broadcast.

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
I heard this few months back. and the person who had told me this said it wasn't programmed to say this at all. And i personally don't think that non muslims would program a doll this way by letting it say "islam is the light". however i do believe that this is a sign from Allah for those who truly believe. May Allah guide them all inshaAllah. ameen. asalamu alaykum wrwb and jazakaALlahu khayran.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

wow i cant believe all the hype over this doll...lol...i dont hear islam is the light...when the doll says the sentence...the 'islam' part is not really clear but it does sound like it is saying it. i watched one of the other realted videos where it repeats the sentence.