An Amazing and Important Hadeeth

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

I want share with you this hadeeth. I wanted to post it separate (from the big thread it would have been included in, the sub-topic of where this hadeeth has come from was 'Keeping oneself busy in the remembrance of Allah) because I think it is amazing.

I don't think I have posted it before. If I have then I'm sorry.

I have read this hadeeth to two people in the past and both were amazed.

Then he quoted the hadith of ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Samurah, who said:

“The Messenger of Allah :saw: came out to us one day. He stood before us said,

‘Last night I saw something amazing.

I saw a man from among my ummah to whom the Angel of Death came to seize his soul, but his honouring of his parents came and kept the Angel of Death away from him.

I saw a man whose torment in the grave was about to come upon him, and his wudoo’ came and saved him from that.

I saw a man from among my ummah whom the devils had seized, but him remembrance of Allah came and banished the devils from him.

I saw a man from among my ummah whom the angels of torment had seizsed, but his prayer came and saved him from them.

I saw a man from among my ummah tormented by thirst. Every time he approached the Cistern he was pushed back, then his Ramadan fasting came and gave him to drink and quenched his thirst.

I saw a man from among my ummah, and I saw the Prophets sitting in circles. Every time he approached a circle he was repulsed, then his doing ghusl to cleanse himself from janaabah came, took him by the hand and brought him to sit beside me.

I saw a man from among my ummah in front of whom was darkness, behind him was darkness, to his right was darkness, to his left was darkness, above him was darkness and beneath him was darkness. He was stumbling in the darkness, then his Hajj and ‘Umrah came and brought him out from that darkness into the light.

I saw a man from among my ummah trying to protect himself with his hands from the flames and sparks of the Fire, then his sadaqah (charity) came and formed a barrier between him and the Fire, and shielded his head.

I saw a man from among my ummah speaking to the believers but they did not speak to him. Then his upholding of family ties came and said, ‘O’ Muslims, he used to uphold ties of kinship, so speak to him. Then the believers spoke to him and shook hands with him and he with them.

I saw a man from among my ummah whom the guards of Hell had seized, then his enjoining of what was good and forbidding of what was evil came and saved him from them, and brought him to be with the angels of mercy.

I saw a man from among my ummah whose record of deeds had come to him from his left. But for his fear of Allah came, took his record and placed it in his right hand.

I saw a man from among my ummah whose balance was light, but his children who had died in infancy came and made his balance heavy.

I saw a man from among my ummah teetering at the edge of Hell, but his hope in Allah came and saved him from that, and he moved on.

I saw a man from among my ummah who had been thrown into the Fire, then the tears that he had wept for fear of Allah came and saved him from that.

I saw a man from among my ummah standing on the Siraat (bridge over Hell), trembling like a leaf in a violent wind. Then his positive thinking of Allah came and made him steady and enabled him to cross.

I saw a man from among my ummah crawling across the Siraat, sometimes on his stomach and sometimes on all fours, clinging on. Then his sending blessings upon me came and made him stand on his feet, and saved him.

I saw a man from among my ummah who had reached the gates of Paradise, but the gates are locked and he was shut out. Then his testimony that there is no god except Allah came and opened the gates for him, and admitted him to Paradise.”

This is narrated by Al-Haafiz Abu Moosa al-Madeeni in Al-Targheeb fi’l-Khisaal al-Munjiyah wa’l-Tarheeb min al-Khilaal al-Murdiyah.

His book is based on this hadith, on which it is a commentary. He said, this hadith is hasan jiddan, and is narrated from Sa’eed ibn al-Mausayyib by ‘Amr ibn Aazar and ‘Ali ibn Zayd ibn Jad’aan and Hilaal Abu Jablah. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah used to regard this hadith as being very important, and I heard that he said that there were corroborating reports.

The relevant phrase in this hadith is,

“I saw a man from among my ummah whom the devils had seized, but his remembrance of Allah came and banished the devils from him,”

- which is identical to the hadith of Al-Haarith al-Ash’ari (Al-Waabil al-Saayib, p. 144) in which it also says,

“So I command you to remember Allah, for that is like a man who is pursued by the enemy, and they set out in hot pursuit of him, but he runs away until he comes to a fortified stronghold, (which he enters) and saves himself there.”

Similarly, people can only save themselves from the Shaytaan by remembering Allah. It is narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

‘If a person goes out of his house, and says,

‘Bismillah, tawakkaltu ‘ala Allah, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah

In the name of Allah, I put my trust in Allah, and there is no power and no strength except with Allah,’

- it is said to him, you are guided, taken care of and protected, so the devil keeps away from him. Then another devil says,

‘What can you do against a man who is guided, taken care of and protected?’””

This is narrated by Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi narrated it as far as the words “the devil keeps away from him.”

(Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 1/749, no. 1442)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You can post that everyday I would read it everyday.

Oh how the mercy of Allah is great.

You made my day...yeah...I'm glad your posting again!!!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
[/COLOR]The relevant phrase in this hadith is, “I saw a man from among my ummah whom the devils had seized, but his remembrance of Allah came and banished the devils from him,”

- which is identical to the hadith of Al-Haarith al-Ash’ari (Al-Waabil al-Saayib, p. 144) in which it also says,

“So I command you to remember Allah, for that is like a man who is pursued by the enemy, and they set out in hot pursuit of him, but he runs away until he comes to a fortified stronghold, (which he enters) and saves himself there.”]

It's almost scary how true this is. In moments of extreme hardship, I've always noticed that the amount of waswasa for me increases. It's like I can't stop thinking certain things that I know are not good for me. However, as soon as I start doing dhikr it's like PRESTO! the waswasa suddenly STOPS. If I stop making dhirk for even ONE second, it starts up again. As soon as I go back to doing it, it's like someone turned a switch off and the waswasa stops.

SubhanAllah, the blatant truths in these ahadith are not realized until one literally experiences them and then wonders in amazement.

Similarly, people can only save themselves from the Shaytaan by remembering Allah. It is narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

‘If a person goes out of his house, and says,

‘Bismillah, tawakkaltu ‘ala Allah, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah

In the name of Allah, I put my trust in Allah, and there is no power and no strength except with Allah,’

- it is said to him, you are guided, taken care of and protected, so the devil keeps away from him. Then another devil says,

‘What can you do against a man who is guided, taken care of and protected?’””

This is narrated by Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi narrated it as far as the words “the devil keeps away from him.”

(Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 1/749, no. 1442)

Alhamdulillah, I'll always be grateful that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala blessed me with the amazing mother that I have. I never even knew what these words meant yet she would have me uttering them as a child. While holding her hand, she'd make us recite them on the way to school. Before going to sleep, she'd make us recite them in bed. And this particular ayah she STILL to this day reminds me to say on my way out of the house every single day. I never realized just how important it was until I read this.

Alhamdulillah for all the amazing blessings Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala gave us.

hijabi_sis

Alhumdulilah ya Rabbil A'lameen!

i read every single word of the two hadeeths you shared with us brother...... in times of hardship these hadeeths are so important to remember mashAllah.... im gona try to memorise them and share them with other sisters who are in need of an imaam boost inshAllah....
May Allah reward you, and make it heavy on your scale of good deeds ameen ameen ameen.....

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaahi wa'Barakatuh,

May Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) bless you all.

And sister 'ShahnazZ', Alhamdu'lillaah the supplication for when leaving the house is nice, short and easy to memorise.

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu bro JAZAKALLAH KHAIRAN for the reminder . If you posted it before it doesnt matter bro, for its is a reminder .

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam~!

These hadiths make my heart plead for Jannah even more, because of the mercy I just smile so much.

I want to see Allah's Face...

Insha'Allah....