An Interesting Debate

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
your missing my point. Saying that "real" Christians or muslims don't condone this or that is no excuse for sitting on the sidelines ie: homocide bombings and the crusades (one still continues). With this logic we can skew anything. The crusades were not done by Christians, so what's the big deal? When in fact they were done by Christians, they were just bad ones. Just as 99.9% or terrorist bombings are done by those who believe in Islam, however bad ones. While God is perfect all of the followers are not in ALL religions no matter how devout you are.

I also like how the link I posted was erased, just proving that what she was saying had validity. hiding from the other side is no way intellectual.

schizophrenic

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brother/Sister,

I m sry I dont agree to what u said that 99.9% OR TERRORIST BOMBINGS ARE DONE BY THOSE WHO BELIVE IN ISLAM. Pls have a look at this friend.

http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_video.php?viewkey=96369ab93e4f3bb068c2&page=7&viewtype=&category=mr

May Allah guide us to the path of truth Islam. Ameen.

your missing my point. Saying that "real" Christians or muslims don't condone this or that is no excuse for sitting on the sidelines ie: homocide bombings and the crusades (one still continues). With this logic we can skew anything. The crusades were not done by Christians, so what's the big deal? When in fact they were done by Christians, they were just bad ones. Just as 99.9% or terrorist bombings are done by those who believe in Islam, however bad ones. While God is perfect all of the followers are not in ALL religions no matter how devout you are.

I also like how the link I posted was erased, just proving that what she was saying had validity. hiding from the other side is no way intellectual.

Waterdrop

Banned
Salam Brother/Sister,

I m sry I dont agree to what u said that 99.9% OR TERRORIST BOMBINGS ARE DONE BY THOSE WHO BELIVE IN ISLAM. Pls have a look at this friend.

http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_video.php?viewkey=96369ab93e4f3bb068c2&page=7&viewtype=&category=mr

May Allah guide us to the path of truth Islam. Ameen.

you don't have to agree, perhaps it's 99.7%. Denial is an ugly thing with the truth hits you in the face everyday. That's the impression I get from many on this site. Head in sand and the rest of the world is peachy.

Waterdrop

Banned
I watched that video and that guy should of just said: "it depends on what the definition of is, is"

deinial is an ugly thing.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
work on your comparisons a little better...

Thanx for the advice. I worked a little better on my comparisons, only to discover, contrary to your expectations, that the Crusades did not end, which weakens ur already ragged argument. Search google for bush crusades and see what i mean.

Thank u again ;)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hi

Hi,
Man I think you need to get the info right. Suicide bombing is not an act related to Islam but mostly its something people who are oppressed use. Here is some info for you
Professor Robert Pape, the renowned terrorism expert from Chicago University.
According to Pape, “Islamic fundamentalism is not as closely associated with suicide terrorism as many people think.” He has highlighted the fact that the world’s leader in suicide terror was the Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka. This secular Marxist group “invented the famous suicide vest for the suicide assassination of Rajiv Gandhi in May 1991. The Palestinians got the idea of the vest from the Tamil Tigers”, affirms Robert Pape.

you don't have to agree, perhaps it's 99.7%. Denial is an ugly thing with the truth hits you in the face everyday. That's the impression I get from many on this site. Head in sand and the rest of the world is peachy.

Waterdrop

Banned
Thanx for the advice. I worked a little better on my comparisons, only to discover, contrary to your expectations, that the Crusades did not end, which weakens ur already ragged argument. Search google for bush crusades and see what i mean.

Thank u again ;)

are you serious? But we have already agreed that the christians never had a crusade.

Waterdrop

Banned
Hi,
Man I think you need to get the info right. Suicide bombing is not an act related to Islam but mostly its something people who are oppressed use. Here is some info for you

Well since you put it that way everyone who's oppressed should kill and maim innocent people. I'm glad you cleared that up for me.

are you serious? But we have already agreed that the christians never had a crusade.

brother you may be agreed but history will never agree with you.

Even some priesters of church history also gave some information about crusades.

Sorry i am not able to give you the link from where i got that quotation , because its many days ago which i have read may be in newspaper in religion article.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdallahbilal

Thank u again :wink:

Where in my post do I mention the word "christians"? Please read before you reply.

Waterdrop

Banned
brother you may be agreed but history will never agree with you.

Even some priesters of church history also gave some information about crusades.

Sorry i am not able to give you the link from where i got that quotation , because its many days ago which i have read may be in newspaper in religion article.

please go back in this thread and read whay I said that the crusade was not done by Christians. It was intended to be tongue n cheek since many on this site say that bad things can never be done my followers of islam since a true follower wouldn't do such things. My retort challenges that using that logic, christians had nothing to do with the crusades since "real" christians wouldn't do such things.

However, i am not so blinded as to use that type of argument. Christians (bad ones) did in fact rule the crusades just as "bad followers of islam" homocide bomb and sitting on the sidelines using that argument is counterproductive.

Waterdrop

Banned
Where in my post do I mention the word "christians"? Please read before you reply.

I discounted the Bush part because it was just absurd, I'm no George Bush lover and crusade has many different meanings, he chose the wrong word to use since we aren't trying to eliminate muslims for the mere fact of believing differently. Bush is also a Christian, hence my comment.

no, not wishful thinking, just common knowledge. Denial is an ugly thing. If you honestly think that we are in a crusade against all muslims then you need to switch the source you use to get your information. Not all wars are crusades.

Hi,

Yes Denial is an ugly thing, thats why I dont like Wafa Sultan.
If course its not a crusade against ALL MUSLIMS , Just the ones in the
middle east. But see, those are also our the brothers and sisters.
Also ur Pres. Bush called it a crusade.

please go back in this thread and read whay I said that the crusade was not done by Christians. It was intended to be tongue n cheek since many on this site say that bad things can never be done my followers of islam since a true follower wouldn't do such things. My retort challenges that using that logic, christians had nothing to do with the crusades since "real" christians wouldn't do such things.

However, i am not so blinded as to use that type of argument. Christians (bad ones) did in fact rule the crusades just as "bad followers of islam" homocide bomb and sitting on the sidelines using that argument is counterproductive.

Brother you can save your time by not typing (bad ones) because when the history of crusade come people use (bad ones) but when the story of terrorist come they try to quote it as general matter with islam.

Waterdrop

Banned
Hi,

Yes Denial is an ugly thing, thats why I dont like Wafa Sultan.
If course its not a crusade against ALL MUSLIMS , Just the ones in the
middle east. But see, those are also our the brothers and sisters.
Also ur Pres. Bush called it a crusade.

As I said before, Crusade can mean different things:

cru·sade /kruˈseɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kroo-seyd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -sad·ed, -sad·ing.
–noun
This is what you think it is

1. (often initial capital letter) any of the military expeditions undertaken by the Christians of Europe in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries for the recovery of the Holy Land from the Muslims.

Well the war was not sanctioned by the church

2. any war carried on under papal sanction.

This is what he meant. If you want to deny it then that is your choice
3. any vigorous, aggressive movement for the defense or advancement of an idea, cause, etc.: a crusade against child abuse. (..and terrorism)
–verb (used without object) 4. to go on or engage in a crusade.

look at that, wow. Look what happens when you actually look at a word.

Waterdrop

Banned
When General Allenby landed in Palestine, the first thing he did was to visit the grave site of Salah-ud-Deen. He kicked his tomb stone with his boot and said "We're back, Saladin!" If you've been led to believe that the West's wars with Muslim countries are not crusades, you need to switch the source you use to get your information. Crusades are not intended to eliminate Muslims because no one seriously believes it's possible. Crusades are to suppress, defeat, humiliate and control Muslims. And they have been very successful since the Sykes Picot treaty of 1916 and the Balfour declaration of 1917. The modern crusades started with colonization of India by the British then the occupation of Algeria by the French in 1832. Colonization continued to grow until the Ottoman Empire, or what Sykes and Picot called "The sick man" collapsed in 1923.

The crusades have taken many appearances other than military. In Turkey, it took the appearance of secularism. In many of the Arab and Muslim countries it takes the appearance of alliances. Media and education have been used extensively by the West to confuse and weaken Islamic priniciples.

The West has never really got the simple fact that all of their efforts will eventually fail and that Islam is here to stay because God promised it will. "They want to extinguish the light of God with their mouths and God refuses but to complete His light even if the rejectors hate it." (9:32) The more the West fights with Islam the more Muslims pay attention to it and stick to it and the more Westerners become curious about Islam and many of them convert!! It is ironic, isn't it? The best thing the West can do to stop the wave of conversions of its people to Islam is to stop attacking Islam then people won't be so curious about it, LOL!

God sure is great! :allahuakbar:

if you mean control by trying to stop terrorists then yes, you are correct. it boggles the mind.