Another disappointment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyone1986

I dont get it i thought this was a web site where i can come for help... just because i ask questions you feel that i am insincere in my devotion to Islam.... all i wanted were the differences between sunni and shiite... and all you do is accuse shiite af all these bad things... there are extreems in every religion... i am not looking to see what is bad in either im looking for the difference in marriage right etc...
allah gave us a brain to think with...
cant we all just discuss our religion like adults... not who's right or who's wrong... but the facts... i have taken the time to educate my self with the sunni teachings... all i wished to know was where i could find the shiite teachings... i shared the site i finally found with u all... and you all start throwing extreme cases of the shiite's practices at me... there are TONS of extreme sunni practices i have found in my research... but those do not affect me as an individual....
im never using this site again... because you are all just like the other people i have come across in my journey to islam... i was looking for help... not for people to question my character.... not to mention my thread was "locked"... why because i asked a question i needed help with... im SURE this will be locked too....

salam and good bye...

NaXuS

calm down sister u dont need to put ur faith on peoples for the purpose of reaching God.Put ur faith in the hands of God n start enjoying the blessing of him for being in ur life.

Read Quran n Hadith with a clean heart ,read about the best in Islam the shabaas n the progeny of Prophet pbuh n many others who Allah have blessed with true understanding of Islam.

Follow wut make sense to u,dont be hasty about any thing ,patience is the key.

If u search for Quran n Sunna with intention to find shiaism n sunnism in it then u will find them there but if u search only for Islam there then u will find it there

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I sincerely apologize if we, in any way, have offended you with our replies. Allaah swt knows we did not mean to throw the Shiite's innovations and shirks at you. We just wanted you not to conclude that the refutations you read towards the Shiite's written by Sunni's is based on a biased opinion because it is supported by hadeeth and verses from the Qur'an.

Just like you sister, when I was less knowledgeable or more ignorant than I am now, I almost embrace Shiism. My dad brought home a book given to him by a Shiite acquaintance and I accidentally read it (forgot what the title was, the cover was blue) and I started to hate the "Wahabbi's" only to find out Alhamdulillaah, the book had many lies in it and it refuted other beliefs without authentic evidence. I found out that "Wahabbism" is just a myth. See, people like the Shiite's are good in deceiving people so if you do not study the basics of Islam first thoroughly, May Allaah swt forbid, you could fall under their spell and I hope and pray to Allaah swt to keep you away from them ameen.

Your concerned sister
:tti_sister:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Please sister, dont give up

i know and i can understand how u must be feeling right now. but sister its just that ppl always try to convince u and try to tell u what they know and in doing so sometimes they can be rude and rough. I agree that some of the brothers took the very rude way of putting the things. but as the post cleary says that if u will searc Quran and Sunnah u will find both of them (Shia and Sunni) there but Sister there is one thing i would like to tell u and i too myself do this that Mohammad (SAW) was neither a Shia now was he a Sunni, he was a Muslim. so sister make him yr IDEAL and follow him in every way u can and as far as research is concerned i agree u must learn about the concepts of both. i might be wrong but what i see in u is a feeling that we both are of the same root and there are things that can make us come together again. May Allah fulfill yr desire of uniting all of the UMMAH once again.
Ameen ya Rabbal-a'laameen

OmarTheFrench

Yes sister dont quit the forum,i have too opposition with members of the forum about the wahhabis but it not for that I quit the forum,search the Islam in the Quran and the sunnah and not in the words of the others.

Imad

Assalmoealaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

First of all i'am talking about my intention. It's not my intention to throw something to you or to accuse someone without any knowledge. Welcome on this website.
What i have written are facts. That's what i think and believe in with firm knowledge. You can see on tv how they ask dead persons and many of them curse the sahaba. It belongs to their aqieda. They think the enemies of ahlu albayt are Abu Bakker, Omar, Aisha and other companions. They tell many lies about the sahaba Ridwanu llahi 3alaihiim.

You don't want to see the bad things, what do you want to see?

You want to know someting about marriage. Brother mabsoot talked about temporal marriage. And i have read from one of the big scholars of shiites if i can remember he said:" Those wo don't believe in temporal marriage are Kufaar"

You are talking about the extreems, yes you are right there are people who say they are sunnies but are doing bad things. On this site you will see that we say the truth about this persons.

We are against terrorism and we made clear that terrorism is not from islam. Those who commit terrorist acts are not real followers of our prophet.

If you had enough knowledge about the shiite, i'am sure you would say :" You are talking the truth and what you have brought are facts" But instead of saying this , you say: " We are baised" or " We are not telling the facts"

Our religion is completed by our lord. If there are some misconception we have to go back to the Quraan and the sunna. But the shiite don't believe in authentic ahadieth from elbughari and muslim, but have their own fabricated ahadieth without clear chain of narrators, so they cannot go back to the sunna. That's one of the big problems.

I can tell you more and believe me this are facts.

If you have anything to say, please ask Questions. But i want to ask you some Questions.

If we are not telling fact, what are fact, please what do the shiite ( rafida) say about: - Aisha Radiallahu 3anha
- Aboe bakkar Radiallahu 3anhu
- Omar Radiallahu 3anhu
- The book of authentic ahadith elbughari and muslim
- what do they say about the shrines in Irak, Iran and other places. What do they believe.

If you want to talk like an adult to us please give me the answers .

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

Noor to shine

Sorry sister if we offended you.....for sure there are some people who claims to be Sunnies while they are deviating from the way of prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam .....we should be carefull ....It is a wisdom of Allah that kept Quran then Sunna of the prophet clear for every seeker ......The teaching are written ....each can learn....I know there are some people who were born in Shiaa families but are closer to the Sunnies in there faith may Allah guide us and them ....but if you study the shiaa teachings one finds plain shirk.:astag:

With love and regards

yusuf

Asalam Alaikum (peace be upon you)

I really dont get it !:angryblue:
Sisther at first i was confused to about all these differend sects!
But then i was watching a video by Yusuf Estes and another one by dr zakir naik

And i have come to know that There is only ONE ISLAM
And Allah swt has called us MUSLIMS in the holy Quran
We Follow The Holy Quran And The Sunnah Of Our Prophet (pbuh).
and not sunni or shia or wahabi ....ect
We are One big Family One Unity !
We shouldnt be choosing Sects !:SMILY286:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Your thread was locked by one of the TTI staff, this is because it was getting OFF Topic.

Also, it is important that things are done in a SEQUENTIAL move. If someone posts points and links for certain things, then those things should not be ignored.

.... all i wanted were the differences between sunni and shiite... and all you do is accuse shiite af all these bad things...
Yes, that is what we did! And the difference is that they do things that contradict the Quran and Hadith. It is very very simple. They do things which have no basis in True Islam. Just as the Sect "Nation of Islam" in the US stated that white men were devils or that their leader Louis Farrakhan was a Prophet. Just as the Druze believe that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]believe that Allah came down in the body of a man named "al-Hakim". Just as the Ismailis (a Shiite sect) say that their leader [/FONT] Burhanuddin has God like qualities and they pray to him. --

Now imagine we tell that to someone and they go to the websites that support such people. They will come back here and state we are biased! But, the truth is in the Knowledge of Islam. You can not try to even comprehend such things without knowing a bit about the Quran and its message. The Message of the Quran is Tawheed, The oneness and uniqueness of Allah in his Lordship, our Worship to him, in his names and Attributes (that are mentioned in the Quran and hadith).

However, you came here asking about their differences in Marriage and divorce. We are telling you, that A) they have Major difference in the most important aspects of Islam, i.e. TAWHEED, they do not worship Allah alone, they associate partners to Allah. EVERY Shia does that. They believe in 12 "Infallible" Imams, they believe it is permissible to pray and ask help from them. Firstly, after the Prophets, there is no such thing as Imamate. They believe in Imams as akin or even higher in status to the Prophets that Allah has sent.

B) they do not accept the Hadith, they have their own distorted Books. If they accepted the Hadith then they would not do Shirk or Bidah, they would not believe in Mutah (temporary) Marriage. Because all these things were forbidden by our Prophet:saw:.

This is basic basic Shiite belief. Also, part of their belief is to lie and cover up their beliefs to anyone who questions them. This is called Taqiyyah. In the Iranian book,
"Wahdat Islami" June 1984 issue Iranians even wrote a new Shahada " I bear witness that there is no deity besides Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allaah and that Ali is the Wali of Allaah and I bear witness that Khomeini is the Rooh of Allaah and His Hujjat upon His creation."

You utterly ignored the aspect of Shirk (Associating partners with Allah) in the Shia faith. This is not to do with extremists or no Extremists, it is a tennet of their Faith.

I think that you should try to put your feet back on the ground and try to learn Islam, without having to state what we say is untrue or that you have knowledge about these things. There is no bias here, we are dealing with facts.

They do not believe in the Hadith we believe in. They Curse the companions of the Prophet and do not believe in them. THey curse his family. This is a FACT. I dont know what else to tell you. The difference is like night and day. I could go into more detail, but, what is the use if you ignore what we have to say and are looking for something that can never be found. When there is Right and Wrong, there is no middle ground. You have come to a forum which deals with only TWO things, 1. the Quran and 2. The Hadith.

Anything negative we have to say about the Shia you call "bias". This is an absurd observation on your part. You say this because you have little understanding of Islam. There is no harm in learning Islam, so take things slowly. You are missing knowledge of the Most important thing in Islam. Tawheed.

I sincerely hope for your sake, that you try to understand what Tawheed and Aqeedah are and what the sin of Shirk is. You can do this by reading the threads here:

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

Wasalam.

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
:salam2:

MAY ALLAH GUIDE ALL OF US TO RIGHT PATH AND GIVE ALL OF US WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND AND PRACITCE BEAUTIFUL RELIGION OF ISLAM.

I AM SORRY IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED BY ANY OF MESSAGES.REMEBER EVERY BODY HAVE DIFFERENT WAY OF COMMUNICATION BUT BEST THING IS TO BE OPEN ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER.

YOU ARE WARMLY WELCOME TO STAY HERE AND TALK TO OTHER MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
WITH MUCH RESPECT AND PRAYERS FROM A BRO IN ISLAM

Dawoodi

salam walikum w

my Dear sister in Islam.

if u have feel ofended i'm really sorry for u, but at the end of the day its all about perseption.

maybe you didnt liked what we told u and thats up to you because what we were trying to tell u was clear facts about the reality of the sect call shias.

you asked about the diferences we gave u planty. what would it be the point for us to state yous usles diferences and not clarified to u their grave mistakes? this is call Nasiha.

regarding at been harsh? i dont think so as we just have replyed firmly to ur staments who were done out of bias and ignorance i'm afraid. from u behalf.

u shoul be a litle more humble to accept that there is only one way one islam and thats it Quran and Sunnah.

you have stated:

"there are TONS of extreme sunni practices i have found in my research... but those do not affect me as an individual...."

there isnt any extreme in the Sunnah of our beloved prophet asaw nither in the Quran but from people who deviate from the real surces.

so there are many other sects that call them selves follow quran and sunnah but they dont. becouse if they were they wouldnt be comiting shirk, bidah and extremism!

you can say there are many sunni extremist as there are shias extremist but this is not the case.

there are many ignorant people that follow only their nafts emotions and desires and let themselves out of ignorance their life been misgided.

and this happen just because this so call muslims dont take the time to learn the fundamentals of Islam.

like:

Who is Allah?

Were is Allah?

What are his atributes?

What are the pillars of Eman?

most of all how can be sure this information its genuine and truthful and whats the metodology used to trasmit this information.

were are the proves???

so if u ask yourself this cuestions with honesty in your heart u will find the truth!

one more thing.

the prophet asaw said:

be gentle with the non muslims and hard with the muslims!

this is regarding islam and his understanding.

if u read a litle of the Sira of the companions of the prophet asw and even Ali mabph how do u think they reacted to people of innovation and bidah?

like those who pretend to be more strict that the prophet asaw, or those who declare themselves prophets after Muhammad asaw ???or those who pretend their leaders be superior to our prophet? o proclaim the atribute of perfection to their Imams when perfection only belonge to Allah Ta'allah estafirulah.

today u can still find many sects like this one and this is due to shaitan and people way of folloing culture, ignorance and the tendency to acept things superficialy or the staments of self proclaimed scholars of islam with out even chek if they really are.

may Allah subhanah wata'allah gide us on the rigth path and oppen our hearts to a clear understanding.

amen:astag: :astag: :astag: :astag:

salam walaikum w

salam sister

if we all believe on allah and his prophet mohammed (sw) then we are absoloutly not allowed to hear those people who are not accept this.
isn´t islam true enough?
isn´t mohammad (sw) as a prophet true enough?

if we have still doubt then allah should hepl us and show the right way

acctually there are a lot of trap of shaitan

and i try think first what i am hearing and thinking.

and also pray to allah to show me the right away

sorry sister if a behaviour from one of us heart you

forgive us for allah sack

samiha

---------
Staff member

I had to lock your thread. Please forgive me, as it was not a personal matter but merely what I felt had to be done. ALhamdulillah, most of the comments were fine, but I just didn't want it to get out of hand. Opinions are accepted on TTI, but I wanted people to look into the links provided and the things shown, rather than rush to post their views. I hope you understand what I mean as I don't mean any offence at all!

We all have our misgivings and May Allah guide us to what is right and forgive us for these mistakes.

:wasalam:

Assalamalikum. Sister i have checked a lot of Shia websites and initially for a person who has no knowledge about islam and history it will look fine. They will talk about hassan husain and karbala and you say that this is so wrong and agree with there belief. I respect our prophets family and i feel sad and hurt that they died the way they did. But you have to see not this issues and concentrate on Islam and the beliefs. In Islam there is a clear writing in the quran what the daughter gets and what the son gets. If they are giving more then what Allah has said then they are not following what is in the Quran. In Surah An- Nisa it is very clear what is the decree regarding inheritance. Beside that i love Ali R.A . But when you say that the wahi was supposed to come to Ali and came by mistake to Muhammad S.A.W then you are saying Allah made a mistake. That is a big sin. Have you ever heard a sunni saying Ya Muhammad or Ya Ali no. We only say YA ALLAH. cause we can only ask Allah for things. Muhammad S.A.W and Ali R.A were human beings just like us. Yes Muhammad S.A.W is the best among our Ummah but that does not change the fact that he was human.So that is another shirk that shia do. Well i always say to each his own. Cause i am not there to judge people only Allah is the Judge. But as a muslim it is my duty not to do Shirk and follow the law of Allah Tala. Remember that when you will die no Imam is going to accept your wrong doings cause they passed a fatwa. That time you will be truly alone. So what can you do you follow the true ISlam that is in the Quran and the teaching of the Prophet. And not get carried away by he said or she said. And this person did this that person did that to me. Cause at the end of the day all this does not matter what matters is you following islam the correct way.

Assalamalikum. Sister i have checked a lot of Shia websites and initially for a person who has no knowledge about islam and history it will look fine.

salam brother

i am also 100% agree with your this commitment

now a days those who leaves islam(allah show them the right path and keep us also on your right path) they have no knowledge about islam and the missinaries told them a lot of stories to steal their iman.

allah hafez

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

Sister, im sure no one here meant to hurt your feelings they just wanted you to understand the difference and i hope you do now.

We are all here to learn from one another, even if we hear comments we dont like we have to try to also take that into consideration. I dont think any other site would provide you with honost information as this site would.

I had read the other thread and i didnt feel that anyone on this site was descriminating against anyone, they were giving honost opinions with evidence to back it up.

SISTER DONT PICK UP WHAT YOU LIKE AND THROW AWAY WHAT YOU DISLIKE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO KEEP EVERYTHING IN THE SAME SCALE.

Wasalam:SMILY139:

Azra

cant we all just discuss our religion like adults... not who's right or who's wrong... but the facts... i have taken the time to educate my self with the sunni teachings... all i wished to know was where i could find the shiite teachings... i shared the site i finally found with u all... and you all start throwing extreme cases of the shiite's practices at me... there are TONS of extreme sunni practices i have found in my research... but those do not affect me as an individual....

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh,

Ukthi foxyone1986, frankly speaking, I did not find the comments on your post harsh. They were simply stating the truth. My personal advice coming from a recent revert to another revert is to be very careful on what you read. I am not doubting you but as we are still learning the ropes, we might be swayed by the deviations which we might think are the truth. I suggest you read the links that mabsoot has posted and stick with what is stated in this site as eveything shared here are based on facts in the Quran and hadiths.

In my quest to learn more about Islam, I have found a lot of bogus sites out there: claiming to tell the truth about Islam but in reality they just make us wander off the route.

I apologise if what I am saying here hurts your feelings and I pray that Allah will guide all of us. :tti_sister: Ameen.

Wassalam.

As my brothers and sisters explained it.
It's so simple :
Chiaa or Shia say that the Quran is incomplete, they add too that some surah were big and more than those that we know today.
Also Chia don't consider the books of Sunah and Hadiths reported by Bukhari and Muslim etc. They don't like Abu Bakr, Omar Aicha Radi Allah Anhome and others.
But as you said there are many sects of Chiaa and each one of them has its own belief. So there are not the same.

Good luck sister

:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Focus on Basic Islamic Principals and ignore the differences between the sects!

Assalaamu Alaykum
I'm sorry, Sister, since you have been disapointed.

I feel that as long as you believe the Shahadah ("There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet"), you are safe. Allah (SWT) Himself guarentees this! In a matter of Bid'ah, it is a whole different issue (both sects commit Bid'ah). Allah (SWT) did not say that sinning makes one a non-Muslim (Bid'ah is a sin)! And also, since when did man have the power to judge another man/woman as being a "non-Muslim"?

We can use the Qur'an to prove that someone is a non-Muslim, but nowhere in the Qur'an does Allah (SWT) state that Bid'ah makes one a non-Muslim.

HOWEVER, Bid'ah is a HORRIBLE sin! It is a grave sin, and "every Bid'ah is in the fire". We may get punished for doing Bid'ah and following it, but that does not make us a non-Muslim!

I personally believe it is immature to debate such matters as "which sect is the right one?" or "what is the difference between Shi'ites and Sunnis?" (no disrespect to you, Sister, but those type of topics lead to immaturity (even if the question itself was mature). We should be focusing on this one statement:

"There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger" (yes, the Shi'ites believe this also!)

We can worry about our sins later! I believe that these are wise words from the Bible:

"Why take the splinter out of your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own eye?"

Meaning: Why worry about the sins of one when you yourself have sins?

Sister in Islam: focus on Tawheed and do not get discouraged! Worry about the differences between the two sects later. For now, read the Qur'an and make Du'a to Allah (SWT). THEN, go onto a Shi'a website and compare what YOU have learned from the Qur'an to see whether the things said against Shi'ites are true or false, and to see which sect is closest to the truth!

Noor to shine

:salam2: for all
No one judging others but it is the duty of every muslem to learn Islam as was taught by prophet Mohammad salla Allah alihi wa sallam , then was taught by his companians and kept pure and clear by the Quran and correct Sunna .....How can we practise Islam , pray, fast, give zakat ........etc if we don`t learn what the prophet salla Allah alihi wa sallam taught. Every muslem should be honest with himself in searching and learning ....I am sure that the Truth will be clear as the Sun. Quran was revealed to prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam not any one else.

With regards

Status
Not open for further replies.