ANOTHER question regarding repentance and wudu

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Yep, ANOTHER question. I'm sorry that I ask so many questions, I just need to know about Islam so I can worship Allah properly.

Anyways, my question is: Do I have to be in a state of wudu to pray to Allah for repentance?

Thanka for answering, and forgive me for asking so many questions.

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
WA alaykum salam,

no, you do not need to have wudhu to do supplication, i.e. the Dua, where you put your hands together, palms facing up asking Allah in your own words.

Although if you do, do it then you do get reward and it is not difficult to do.

This is seperate from the 5 obligatory prayers that we do. We must have ablution for those.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum Again,

I just saw your reply and introduction mashaAllah, may Allah bless you dear brother and help you in your search for knowledge. I am glad that the videos that we put on the net, such as "turning Muslim in texas" helped you become Muslim. Its all over the net now alhamdulillah. To think that someone became Muslim straight after watching it, Allahu Akbar :). Its amazing how Allah guides his creation.

Remember we are all learning. And we are here to help one another. Please do feel at home!

I hope you have some Muslims living near you where you are in the US.

Wasalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Thanks for reading it. Yes, I have a mosque a mile away from home. Just having trouble finding out how to get there (without my parents questioning me).

samiha

---------
Staff member
Question 4 all.......

I need to know, not opinions but If anybody really truly knows this.

After making dua, do you wipe over your face or not?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Question 4 all.......

I need to know, not opinions but If anybody really truly knows this.

After making dua, do you wipe over your face or not?

Somebody provided a hadith quoting somewhere saying that yes the prophet :saw: used to wipe his face after dua. I'm not sure whether I read it on this forum or not. I'll post it if I find it. :wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Wiping face with hands after dua

Question: Some people, when they finish making the dua after the prayer wipe their face after they have made the dua. Is that a bid'ah; is there any contextual evidence from the sunna for its permissibility.

Answer: No, this is not a bid'ah; rather, it is an established sunna and recommended to wipe one’s face after supplicating. It is reported in authentic hadiths, such as the one Imam Tirmidhi reports, that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) use to wipe his hands over his face after completing the du`a.

This is mentioned as being recommended by:

* Imam Nawawi (Adhkar, Majmu` 4.451), and others
* (Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya 3.19)
* Imam Shurunbulali (Shurunbulaliyya)
* Imam Haskafi (Durr al-Mukhtar)
* Imam Ibn Abidin (Radd al-Muhtar)

samiha

---------
Staff member
Actually, just today I heard a lecture by Bilal Phillips saying that the hadith used was actually da'eef and there is no sound evidence.

T

TearfulEyes

Sometime it depends on the school you go to, not recessarily based on hard evidence or correct Hadith. On the other hand, it is very minor act and it is not bad if a persom wipes off his/her face or not.

Wiping of face could be related to the Dua Al-Ruqya (healing supplication), and it is fact after reading a dua you blow lightly on your hand and wipe it on your body.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Question: Some people, when they finish making the dua after the prayer wipe their face after they have made the dua. Is that a bid'ah; is there any contextual evidence from the sunna for its permissibility.

Answer: No, this is not a bid'ah; rather, it is an established sunna and recommended to wipe one’s face after supplicating. It is reported in authentic hadiths, such as the one Imam Tirmidhi reports, that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) use to wipe his hands over his face after completing the du`a.

This is mentioned as being recommended by:

* Imam Nawawi (Adhkar, Majmu` 4.451), and others
* (Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya 3.19)
* Imam Shurunbulali (Shurunbulaliyya)
* Imam Haskafi (Durr al-Mukhtar)
* Imam Ibn Abidin (Radd al-Muhtar)

Assalam alaykum..
Brother /Dana

:ma: really ur great Brother to looking 4 the right..and to correct ur reply..

<wasalam>