Anti-mosque protests on the rise, say Muslim advocates

Valerie

They probably ordered them on the internet. To go along with what Jon Stewart said.. people are terrified of competition.

kayleigh

Didn't ashima post that video of Jon Stewart making fun of people like that? lol it was great.

But on a serious note - it totally boggles my mind that "should Muslims be allowed to build mosques?" is EVER a valid question. Especially in the US.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I agree with everything said here. THANKS BE TO GOD, its not illegal. All these Xenophobic morons can go kick a rock.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all

Assalaam walaikum,

I am posting the link. In the photograph there are Israeli flags..in the middle of Tennessee. My question becomes how in the world did the Israel flags get to Tennessee to protest a masjid project.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...que-protests-on-the-rise-say-muslim-advocates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

About your question,

Islam is religion of Peace:ma:

And basicly Israel hate Peace so they intervene and killed anything that to do with Peace!

They killed The prophet of Allah swt(prophet Zakaria a.s and his son prophet Yahyaa a.s!

They killed prophet Isa a.s mother~Lady Maryam binti Imran.

They killed Jesus Christ.

They killed everone of race or religion

They even killed animal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyIB-g5B-Ag
Israelis slaughtered gaza zoo animals

So they are peace killer!!!

That's why they are there :)

Thank you for sharing the link, sister.

~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The incident at the small masjid in Tennessee last October did not receive the media attention as it should have. This was short of a KKK exploit. The graffiti was inflammatory to say the least.

The last sentence of the news item was particularly poignant. We, American Muslims, are constantly told to go home. And we do look around..in this duyna this is our home. Islam is universal.

Valerie

I almost feel like those people are too stupid to be threatened by Islam. It's really depressing, because there's no talking sense to people like them.

arzafar

america is a free country. that's the only things i like about it other than Stanford.
islam haters have every right to protest peacefully (with flags or not) while at the same time muslims have the right to build mosques or am i missing something.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, you are missing something. Post 9/11 America. Freedoms and liberties have been snatched away. Homeland Security and the Patriot Act etc. That is the reason many many citizens are upset. I posted an article on Lynne Stewart. She is a white female in the US. She is an excellent attorney. She excelled in her field and is respected by all. She is facing a ten year prison term.

The Constitution guaranteed freedom of religion. Many masjids have been raided.

I will stop. We need to educate people. And the best educators are Muslims living in America. It is our actions that will make others respect us. It takes time. But, we have to have the best of manners.