Anxiety disorder? Nausea?

assyuara

assalamualaikum to all :)

Anyone knows how to be strong in the mind as in to get rid of any anxiety or nausea when you feel panic and nervous. Other than that how can I be more porsitive in the mind esp and in everything i do? Thanks a lot!!

wassalam.
sis Aisyah :blackhijab:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
First of all, I tell myself this before anyone else inshallah. Sometimes our iman increases and decreases, this is normal. Its how we make it stronger that counts. Prayer, prayer, and more prayer!! It is the key to bring you out of your anxiety and make things better inshallah. Dhikr, remembrance of Allah will ease you and bring you peace. Watch a beneficial lecture that lifts your spirits. Go out and smell the flowers, look at the sky, and all the beautiful creations that are around you, this will make you grateful for being alive to witness all these things. Thank Allah for everything and makes loads of duaa, it is the weapon of the believer inshallah. There are also plenty of duaas in the Quran, and (if you have) The supplication of the believer, glance through it and check the duaas for anxiety and sorrow. I will keep you in my duaas inshallah. Stay strong!:tti_sister::tti_sister:

nighean

Hi -
I am new to this site but I saw "anxiety" and had to write. I had so much anxiety yesterday at friends' house that my husband had to take me to the hospital. The doctor's only answer was drugs which helped for the moment but I need a permanent solution. I am also newly just learning about islam and wondered what is "duaas". I have prayed to God for help and believe that prayer is sooo important but I would like to learn more about this other aspect.

Nighean

assyuara

to sis Shaheeda: thanks a lot for your advice and keeping me in your duaa. really appreciate it. yes, whatever the problem is just, remember Allah and remember Allah in happy times and also in sad times insha Allah, Allah will help us in a way or another.

to sis nighean: duaa is exactly what you have done "prayed to God for help". The reason why 'duaa is a weapon for Muslims' is that by saying the duaa (can be in spoken form or just by saing in the heart as Allah knows everything) we will be strong in our heart and mind thus strengthen our spirituality part.
"Shalah" is also a form of duaa(prayer) but it has compulsory steps like this: :salah:
In this website's homepage there's a guide for shalah at the top left hand corner.

In my opinion regarding your anxiety prob, i think the most important thing is to strengthen our minds and remain positive at all times (which is what i'm doing now =)). Besides that, make a lot of duaas or prayers so that we will feel secured by our Lord (Allah). Insha Allah (God willing) sis nighean, we will be free of anxiety if we maintain strong relationship with our Lord (Allah) who created the skies, mountains, sun, moon, seas, animals, us and those we cant even think of. If we THINK positive, we'll BE positive, right? All the best to you and insha Allah i'll make duaa for your well-being.

wassalam.
sis Aisyah. :blackhijab:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hello Nighean
Hi -
I am also newly just learning about islam and wondered what is "duaas". I have prayed to God for help and believe that prayer is sooo important but I would like to learn more about this other aspect.

Nighean
"Dua" means supplication, seeking help from God, exactly what you did. For example,

Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when anyone among them had an illness, Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) used to rub the area of the pain reciting the following dua:

أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءٌ لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمَاً

"O Lord of the people, remove this pain and cure it, You are the one who cures and there is no one besides You who can cure, grant such a cure that no illness remains".

(Bukhari, Muslim)

MariamK

Cure for Anxiety !!

As salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu..

Ok dokies then anxiety, seems alot of people are suffering from it and not sure how to get rid of it and why we got it...

1 - anxiety is the fear of something, lack of control over something you want so much, external stress from work or other people building up on you.

2 Anxiety leads to depression which can lead to people taking their life which in islam is haram !!

3 - cure !! There is a book thats been posted here in the forum called "healing with the medicine of the Prophet" down load it or buy it if u can and read page 191 & 192 then turn to page 177 and read to page 190...i personnal read these pages myself jst a few days ago after having insomnia for over 2 weeks and feeling anxious about many things related to lifes tests.

Duaa, Dhikr , Salah all these acts of ibadah will help give us cure from Allah swt... do not sit alone all day and think so your brain feels like a big headache, go and get a small walk with ur mahrams, sit in the living room and talk with ur family about an islamic topic and if u feel u need someone to listen to u then tell ur freind u need to talk and share with them what ur feeling..

Read Quran alot.. the surah Quls will help much inshAllah.

May Allah help us to be in the best of health, well being and iman.Ameen.

Hiyyakum Allah.

lonetcrystal

Nausea is not a disease in and of itself. The goal is to understand your thinking process and help you to develop coping skills before your anxiety takes over. Improving your eating habits and reduction in caffeine and sugar intake also helps. Exercise and a relaxation technique such as yoga, is also very helpful. Try to reach out to your friends and family and share your troubles.

Lonetcrystal