Any info of Dinos?

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
:salam2:
someone asked me about dinos...... (i don't care for dinos, they are icky like snakes and spiders. but curious):hijabi: :wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Dinosaurs

Question:
Imaam, can you please tell me if it is impermissible to believe that there were dinosaurs on the earth before Adaam and Eve were created?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah created Adam (peace be upon him) on a Friday, the sixth day from the beginning of creation. Some texts mention what was created on the previous five days, in brief and general terms, but as to the details of what was created, Allaah knows best about that. Questions like this, on which no belief or deeds are to be based, are just meaningless distractions that are of no benefit. Faith does not increase or decrease according to whether one believes in dinosaurs or not. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to occupy ourselves with things that cause confusion and are not clear. We also know that people differ in their views as to whether these dinosaurs existed or they are just figments of the imagination. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

islamqa.com

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
Question:
Imaam, can you please tell me if it is impermissible to believe that there were dinosaurs on the earth before Adaam and Eve were created?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah created Adam (peace be upon him) on a Friday, the sixth day from the beginning of creation. Some texts mention what was created on the previous five days, in brief and general terms, but as to the details of what was created, Allaah knows best about that. Questions like this, on which no belief or deeds are to be based, are just meaningless distractions that are of no benefit. Faith does not increase or decrease according to whether one believes in dinosaurs or not. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to occupy ourselves with things that cause confusion and are not clear. We also know that people differ in their views as to whether these dinosaurs existed or they are just figments of the imagination. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

islamqa.com

:salam2: :hijabi:
:jazaak:
:wasalam:

Kayote

Assalam u Aliekum

I think if Science provides evidence of it then we have to believe. The fact that they may not be mentioned in the Quran does not matter as they relate to the past & I think we can agree that there are many more matters of importance which are directly relating to us humans that are addressed in The Quran.

I do find dinosaurs most facinating simply because of the size of these creatures & if anything they show how much variety Allah has created for us all, Masha'Allah.

WaAliekum Assalam

nurislam

assalamualaikum,

Allah created everything on this earth for man,He told us to look and see his creation in this world for us to ponder on His greatness. I may be mistaken,but I've read somewhere that the carcass of animals millions of years ago were compressed underground for hundred of millions of years ,and due to the pressure exerted,oil was created. Oil for man to use. Forgive me if my explanation are flawed, but the point I'm trying to make is that even dinosaurs that were created before us were created because of man. If you think about it, Allah has created this earth with man in His knowledge*. Subhanallah, but there are still people who think that that God don't exist. So look at his creation and be amazed at Allah's swt power and greatness.

Submitter

:salam2:

Sister, whoever asked you about dinosaurs, just tell them the Qur'an doesn't specifically mention dinosaurs so they are not considered to be an important subject. But Allah does say He populated the Earth with "beasts" i.e. animals:

Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise.
(Quran, 2:164)

He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.
(Quran, 31:10)

And Allah created the heavens and the Earth in 6 days:

Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over the Throne. He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!
(Quran, 7:54)

The arabic word used for "days" here actually can mean "long periods", i.e. a long period of time. So Allah created the heavens and the Earth over 6 periods of time. There is no reason why dinosaurs could not have been created and put on the Earth at a time before Adam (AS).

As I say though, this subject is of no importance to Muslims in terms of iman BUT if this question was asked to you by a non-Muslim, then at least you can show them that Islam does not go against scientific evidence :)

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

I have heard Shaykhs talk about this subject.

There were dinosaurs as it is mentioned the earth was created and inhabited by other creation such as the Jinn before mankind was placed on it.

I dont know why someone would disbelieve in the dinosaurs, first time i heard such a thing. Islam doesnt contradict any science.

I hope i can get more evidence for this,

Wasalam.

cadette

Salaams

Excuse my ignorance, but I think there were dinosaurs, how else can we explain the bones?

ummidrys

salam alaykum
the important point in my opinion is that Allah is capable of creating any and everything, most of which we cannot imagine nor grasp.
dinasours, their existence (as proved by bones at least) or lack thereof (as they are not alive today) absolutely does not effect us.

Abdul Malik

Subhnallah

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh

You know its something that iv never thought off LOL. But ALLAH the almighty can do what he wills and create what he wills and ALLAH noz best.

Inshallah something to research about.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Please refer to Hayatul-Haiwaan by Imam Demyaari (RA)...

It is the only comprehensive animal encylopedia written by any Muslim scholar.

It has fascinating tales of animals; their characterstics, Arab linguistics (origins of proverbs etc.) but please note that NOT all Ahadeeth in it are Authentic.

P.S: creatures like Dinosaurs are mentioned in the book along with ancient history...Dinosaurs are also mentioned in classic Persian literature (before Islam) and the word in Persian is "Sea-Murgh (Huge Bird like creatures)"...I can't think of what he calls it in Arabic at the moment!

Nowadays Urdu, Persian & Dari refer to Murgh as Chicken but that is not the origin of the word

P.P.S: Although this is a fascinating subject but has no bearing on a person's beleif