Any one cook with Ghee

Boomerang

Salam,

Yes I use ghee, when I have the time to make it. It is good for you, and considering that canola oil is a genetic modified crop, it is very wise alternative to be choosing.

I dont see any problem with cooking with ghee exactly as with oil.

If you make it or buy it, it doesnt really matter, just make sure to use unsalted butter if you make it yourself. It is kept out of the fridge aswell.

If you need help to make it let me know.

Salam

summertime

sister :)
I find ghee really heavy!!!...and it gets hard if u refidgerate something youve made with ghee....i dont like that :s

Boomerang

I have never experienced that Summertime, with food in the fridge.....ghee is not supposed to go in the fridge, but even so, i have never experienced that with food made with ghee...
How much are you using?

Are you buying it or making it yourself?

summertime

sister :)
Iv'e never actually cooked with ghee myself...when i was living in pakistan food ( mainly that came from outside..restaurants etc) was cooked in ghee..if u put it in the fridge the ghee used to go hard...maybe it was just bad quality thats why!

Boomerang

perhaps ....I have always found it to be lighter than oil....especially cheap vegie and canola oils....you dont need much either....I just love the goldeness of it....I really love it, but it does need to be made with care.....if there are any curds left, then i can understand why it would go hard.....just like cooking with butter

Hope you have a good experience with ghee........

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Well, I was thinking of frying some chicken and french fries with at first but I found you can use it to cook rice (i think, i can't remember at the moment) but I thought it might be a healthier option instead of frying with oil.

Boomerang

I dont think it will matter.....if youa re eating fried chicken and chips, then its gonna be somewhat unhealthy whatever you use....hehe!
I would use the ghee, just because canola is a genetically modified crop and I appose the playing around with the seeds that feed us....i'm not into scientists playing God.

Boomerang

Olives are fine that I know of (not genetically modified).....i use olive oil a lot, but I know it changes when it is cooked and we then start dealing with bad fats.....olive oil is best cold pressed and not cooked past the smoking stage

for frying either ghee or vegie oil.....sesame is good also.....depends on what you are cooking.

I would try any alternative to canola....its bad for us, and its been messed around with

ilm.mons

as salam walaikum...

ghee is not at all good for health..it contains trans fat in large amount and also lots of calories...which may cause heart problems and increase in blood pressure..
So, avoid ghee use olive oil..but too much of olive oil is also not good...

diyaa

ghee is not very good for you at all so i would avoid using it, when cooking i just use olive or sunflower oil:)

DanyalSAC

I have never experienced that Summertime, with food in the fridge.....ghee is not supposed to go in the fridge, but even so, i have never experienced that with food made with ghee...
How much are you using?

Are you buying it or making it yourself?

really? the ghee I use has "refrigerate after opening" on the label.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

I like eggs half-fry in ghee. Also scrambled eggs in ghee.

The Ghee derived from Milk and not from vegetables...

:wasalam:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
well since I wrote this post I've never did experiment with the Ghee even though I think I should eventually. I have cut down on frying but what can I say...I love fried chicken.

UmmOf3

Once, when I was pregnant with my first child, I got this really really bad pregnancy-craving for popcorn. Home made, that is. I was out of oil, it was a Sunday, and so I thought I try the ghee we had (I use it once a year to make some Algerian cakes lol)...

Let me just say EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that was AWFULL lol.

And to top it off, I had no real salt either, just some healthy-salt kind of thingie. And that was even worse. Hehehehe.

FreeMind.

Knowledge is Power.
My mum uses ghee in things like biryani and stuff...

But my auntie (whom i respect) overdo's it a bit and i think uses a bit too much
because you can literally taste the ghee on your lips. :p