any practical advice?

hana*

salamualikum everyone,

I wanted to ask if any of you have any practical advice for getting up for tahajjud? i used to be able to get up no sweat in Ramadan but now im struggling. however, i have no problem getting up for fajir. ive tried setting an alarm but i switch it off automatically. also i do istighfar and read Quran during the day but its a battle to get up on a regular basis for tahajjud for me.

any help?

mas_adi

Wa alaikumsalam.

That's easy. You don't need an alarm clock. If you have intention to shalat tahajjud, you will automatically wake up in tahajjud time. Just try.

hana*

yeah i do have the intention every night and also i set my mobile alarm far away from me but i switch it off automatically without realising when it goed off :(

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
you want a practical advice? here it is
avoid sins during the day
purify you intention
make dua to allah
u'll be chosen to be awaken in front of our lord in challah

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Walaykumu salam

Drink lots and lots of water before hitting bed, I think it will be easier to wake up at night then ;)

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen

:hearts:

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well follow what the prophet pbuh did.Follow the islamic time.Sleep after ur ishaa prayer.from ishaa to the time of perform tahajud will be like 6-7 hours.u have enough sleep.wake up for tahajud like 2 or 3 hours before subh/fajr prayer.pray tahajud,witr,memorise quran (the best time) and do dzikirs.u will be done all these by the time subh comes.once u hear the fajr athan get ready for the sunnah prayer then carry on with fajr prayer.do dzikir and continue to memorise quran till the sun rise and perform duha prayer.

if u are was was that u might or might not wake up ,better perform the witr prayer right after ur ishaa prayer.witr is a very highly recomended prayer.

aisha16

Go to bed early every night, set your alarm clock a couple hours before fajr. Hope that helps! :)

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Go to bed early every night, set your alarm clock a couple hours before fajr. Hope that helps! :)
I don't think its enough, truly that helps but some people sleep 8 or 9 hours without noticing about fajr or tahajjud or something else,and when we read the biography of the companion Omar Abph scholars say that he barely sleeps 3 or 4 hours a day,but the companions miss tahajjud seldom;
intention is very important, never blame the alarm clock, or conditions(sometimes u're so occupied with u're family or work and u can't sleep early)...the only one we should blame is ourselves, beacause a major sin (kabira) as backbiting, or something else could be the reason why u've not been chosen by Allah for tahajjud

Allah says :""Only they believe in Our communications who, when they are reminded of them, fall down making obeisance and celebrate the praise of their Lord, and they are not proud."" (sajdah-16)

""Their sides draw away from (their) beds, they call upon their Lord in fear and in hope, and they spend (benevolently) out of what We have given them."" (sajdah-17)