Arabic course-Quran language-The Madinah Books Series

Obase

Speaks his mind...
Onthur ila Anis Shoroshin Al Majnun (1) Itha dakhal Hiwaran ma'a Shaikhin Hanun (2) Fada'a Wahidun min al Hunafa' An Yagra'a Qur'anana Bilisanin Arabiyin mubeen (3) Fahawal Jahidan walakin lam Yantug ila bil-hathiri Al Hajeen (4) Fadahika Al hatheroona wa galu hatha la yalegu bil 'aageleen (5) Wahatha Huwa 'egabuna lil-Masihiyin Al Mutashadideen

Can anyone translate the above?

yusufj

:salam2:
You can now download videos in avi format for Books 1 and 2 from the website www.lqtoronto.com.
Soon Book3 will be available for download.
Br. Asif would like to know if this is working ok. Give it a try and let him know how fast it is.

:wasalam:

ezzatchan

Thanks

You can now download videos in avi format for Books 1 and 2 from the website www.lqtoronto.com.
Soon Book3 will be available for download.
Br. Asif would like to know if this is working ok. Give it a try and let him know how fast it is.

Assalamualaikum;

I downloaded a few files, they are working fine. Many tahnks for this great effort. Jazakallah.

pcozzy

I tried to read most of the posts in this thread but kinda have no time. As described this is an absolute must for any muslim even if he grew up like me speaking Arabic but living in like USA. Our arabic dialect hinders the true meaning and grammar of the Quran. the most education I had in Arabic was Saturday and Sunday school which just taught me how to right and read letters and no thorough grammar rules.

Brother Asif, may Allah be pleased with his efforts steps thru the lessons from the perspective of one who learned from that same source of books Madina Arabic series.

Now the question is how to get it; The website LQToronto.com has the DVD sets priced at a very reasonable amount. Here is the breakdown of the DVDs
  • Book1 : 9 DVD each about 4 hours long going thru Book 1 for total 41:25:54.
  • Book2 : 16 DVD each about 4 hours going thru lessons Book 2 total 67:08:29.
  • Book3 : 23 DVD each about 4 hours going thru lessons Book 3 total 106:53:03.
total video watching time is 215 hours 27 minutes adn 26 seconds 215:27:26.

Now watching the video only will not teach u. There is homework u need to do and each dvd have 3 to 4 different day lectures where Br. Asif assigns homework. Lets say you invest 50% on homework time that is an additional 107:43:43.

Final totaling time invested 323:11:09.(hhh:mm:ss) This at a rate of investing 4 hours a day which maybe a lot for some will take you 81 days to go thru. This also depends level of understanding everybody is different. In sha Allah, the recitation of Quran starts to become more understood and appreciated.

No for those who have difficulty buying the dvd sets there is a solution that Brother Asif has given permission to distribute with no cost. Just make duaa for him. These are some very big files with all the videos filling my hard drive are ~74 Gigabytes. What I recommend is not to download directly but rather use a bit torrent. It is the best way to move this data to your pc.

The best site for torrents: http://www.*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!.net/index.php (I dont know why the post engine change the website name to !*... but enter it manually using put the words together "www. islamic torrents .net")

you should have no problem registering. then use like bittorrent torrent engine to download.

This is the BEST course I ever had in Arabic Language!

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

DVD AND BOOKS CAN BE BOUGHT

Brothers and Sisters in Islam, :salam2:,

I do not know how to read Arabic. But with these DVDs and Madina books, INSHA-ALLAH I am learning to read write and understand Arabic at my own pace, ALHAMDULLIAH.

First I want to tell you that, though I live in Toronto, but this book store is quite far from my home. But they are sending books and DVDs by post.

You can also buy Madina books, Answers to the Exercise, Keys to the books and Handouts. Or you can download them from internet. They are very helpful and necessary. You will need them as soon as you start the first DVD.

The following address will take to their website.

http://www.lqtoronto.com/store.html#esa

This is a very good course. May ALLAH SWT, help us to learn the language of HIS BOOK, THE NOBLE QURAN, AMEEN.

arab2008

Alhamdulillah.

Alhamdulillah, I, like other brothers and sisters, have benefited tremendously from the three excellent books and the clear explanation by the teacher and the clear videos. May Allah rewards all those involved in this great work. I believe many around the world will benefit from this great effort. Alhamdulillah.
However, I would like to cautious all learners to beware of pronunciations of the Arabic letters (huruf) and words. As human being, we can’t expect everyone to be perfect. The grammatical coverage by Bro Asif was excellent, but his pronunciations of certain huruf and kalimah are very clearly incorrect. I do not mean to criticize him, or to belittle his contributions in this work. I just hope that learners can take extra effort to avoid learning the wrong pronunciations and consult people whoh speak the language to make sure that we pronounce Arabic words correctly.
In the videos, the teacher can’t differentiate the huruf of ك and ق, ت and ط. Beside that, the huruf of ذ ش ظ ض ز and ص are clearly missed pronounced. There are words which were pronounced wrongly as well, for example, قلم , قطع and موطوف. Actually, there are many other words which were wrongly pronounced by the teacher, which I believe is due to the makhraj problem on the part of the teacher. My intention of pointing this out is to make sure that learners who use this video will not absorbed these mistakes together with learning the other lessons. As I said earlier, the lessons, the books, the videos are an excellent means for any learners to learn the language of the holy Quran. All you need to do is just to add some extra effort to get someone to help you on the pronunciations. Jazakallahu kathira.

yusufj

For the correct pronounciation may I suggest the download of audio of Book1 Read in Arabic only from the download section of the web site www.lqtoronto.com.

Br. Asif's pronounciation, as stated by another member, leaves much to be desired. His teaching aim was mainly to understand the Qur'an.

He has learned to read the Qur'an very recently.

ezzatchan

Thank you for the Videos on SFTGQ

Jazakallahu Khairan Kathira, for putting up the videos for SFTGQ which feature Shaik Dr V Abdur Raheem himself. The lessons were excellent.

Mohammed-Hamdan

As salamu alaykum brothers and sisters.

As I was born in Australia my Arabic didn't turn out the best, I am 16 years old and can understand Arabic but cannot read & write. I have found this thread to be very useful as I believe it will further improve my Arabic skills and thank ditta as well as a_brother for posting the videos and links.

May Allah bless you indeed.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

ON THE OTHER DAY I WAS AT THE BOOK STORE TO BUY BOOKS, AT THAT TIME A PHONE CALL CAME FROM UK ABOUT HANDOUTS 2-3. BROTHER ASIF (THE TEACHER) ANSWERED THE CALL AND TOLD THE CALLER TO CALL A BROTHER AND GAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEND IT FREE.

LearnIslam

Shukran. Very helpful indeed. Started tutoring myself from these videos. Soon going to download the books, so that I can have a copy of it and learn it in my free time.

:ma: