** Are jinn and shaytan the same? **

Boomerang

Osman, I find it hard that we can agree on something. I am trying with you brother...

I know we are talking seriously....I am talking seriously too....

I would like to give you some links on the illuminati and the freemasons, but think that it will be a waste of time.....perhaps you will feel compelled to go and look for yourself....

I dont think suggesting that i am joking about this stuff, helps unite us.

May Allah protect us and guide us to his truth

Peace

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

Thank you for the clarification Brother/Sister Always Striving.... I thought they might take the appearance of humans and live just like us but it is interesting to know that we do not see them :)

Can such a recitation of Surah Al Falaq and Surah Al Naas help protect us from Jinn?
i know that reciting any part of surat al bakara, a shaitan wont enter a house where its been recited till the next day, or till the end of the day, (depends when u read it) ..
:salam
Ps. a_brother jazak Allah khairan, that was quite entertaining (to read the fatwa) and scary too :/
lol

Hassan Khalid

Member of Islam:P
:wasalam:

Hmmm, good topic. Well, the word jinn comes from the Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”. The word demon or shaytan is used to refer to the unbelieving ones among the jinn. Allah Almighty says, “…and the devil was ever an ingrate to his Lord.‏” (Al-Isra’: 27)

Allah Almighty says: “… Verily he (shaytan) and his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe see you from where you cannot see them…” (Al-A`raf: 27)

And yes brother, some Jinns are Muslims, some are non-Muslims:

Allah tells us that some of the jinn said “And there are among us some who have surrendered (to Allah) and there are among us some who are unjust. And whoso hath surrendered to Allah, such have taken the right path purposefully.‏” (Al-Jinn: 14)

Congrats, we have brother jinns:lol:

Wassalam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
how is bush a shaitan, please don't say that about people, ITS AN EXPRESION,
we are talking seriously, we aren't joking.
baraka Allah fee`kom :salam2:

Only an analogy comparing the malicious and deceptive ways of shaytan and Bush. In that respect they are like brothers. :shake:
It's not a literal comparison, but the point being both individual in questions are malicious and deceptive.

Shoaib

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
Shaytaan is still a jinn and was on the level of the malaikah (angels) when Allah swt asked the angels to prostrate to Adam a.s.

He used to be a believer and used to obey Allah swt (hence him actually being at the level of angels and in their gathering) but still had the element called arrogance to the extreme in him which led him to disobey Allah swt.

He's not the only jinn that disobeys Allah, his followers also obviously disobey Allah swt (be it jinns or humans! *sadly enough*). May Allah protect us from the whispers of the shayateen. And yes as stated above..there is one shaytaan jinn with every human being..always with us :( inspiring us to commit sins and follow the path of Iblees by creating fitnah :( May Allah provide us all the strength to ignore their whisperings and provide the strength to sincerely repent to Allah swt. Ameen.
ASA, then y was ibliss they only angel cast out? if he was ONLY just like the others y wasn't there n up raising? y was he the ONLY 1 2 buck ALLAH's command?

Searching_soul

someone here mentioned that Jinns/shaytaan lived on earth even before Man was created by Allah (swt)... So were they living in the age of Dinosaurs? lol
Did dinosaurs really exist first of all? i mean, i'vn't read any islamic material on Dinosaurs... Only see the western scientists exaggerating abt it..... Does anyone know abt this.

Al Qassimi

Salam Aliekom,

Jinn were here before us, though we have no clue how long have they been here on earth. While concerning the Dinosaurs, they were here before as you can see there is proof.

Muslims believe that the universe is billion of years old

OsMaN_93

Here to help
found this (interesting)

:salam2: as you know im reading about this issue. and found this.

Do the jinn help humans in some ways?​

What is the difference between a shaytaan (devil) and a jinn? Do the shayaateen reproduce from males and females? Do the shayaateen interact with humans and serve them in return for the human’s disobeying his Lord? Are there Muslim jinn who serve the Muslims as they served Sulaymaan (peace be upon him)? If the shayaateen or jinn are able to serve humans, then why do the Muslim jinn not help the Muslim humans in their wars against the kuffaar, and tell them their secrets and support Islam? Why do the kaafir jinn not help the kaafir humans in some way? Did any examples of such things happen at the time of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? If there are any books about such matters, please tell me about them so that I can be safe from the evil of the shayaateen. May Allaah keep me and you safe from their evil.

Praise be to Allaah.

The shayaateen are from among the jinn; they are the rebellious ones and the most evil among them, just as the devils among mankind are the rebellious ones and the most evil among them. There are among the jinn, as is the case among mankind, devils who are the rebellious ones and the most evil, kaafirs and evildoers. There are also Muslims among them who are righteous and good. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies — Shayaateen (devils) among mankind and jinn, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it; so leave them alone with their fabrications”
[al-‘An’aam 6:112]

The Shaytaan is the father of the jinn according to many scholars. He is the one who disobeyed his Lord and was too proud to prostrate to Adam, so Allaah expelled him and banished him. Other scholars say that the Shaytaan was one of a group of angels who were called al-jinn; he was too proud to prostrate, so Allaah expelled him and banished him. He became the leader of every evildoer and wicked one, every kaafir and wrongdoer. Every person has a shaytaan and an angel with him, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There is no one among you but he has with him a constant companion (qareen) from among the jinn and a constant companion from among the angels.” They said, “You too, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Me too, but Allaah has helped me against him (the devil-companion) and he has become Muslim.”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the Shaytaan inspires man to evil and calls man to evil. There are times when he has control over man's heart and can find out, by Allaah’s decree, what a person intends to do of good or evil. There are also times when the angel has control over a person’s heart. He makes him incline towards good and calls him to good. These are things that Allaah has enabled them to do, i.e., He has enabled the two companions, the jinn-companion and the angel-companion, to do these things. Even the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a shaytaan with him, his constant companion (qareen) from among the jinn, as stated above, in the hadeeth which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There is no one among you but he has with him a constant companion (qareen) from among the jinn and a constant companion from among the angels.” They said, “You too, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Me too, but Allaah has helped me against him (the devil-companion) and he has become Muslim.”

The point is that every man has with him a companion from among the angels and a companion from among the shayateen. The believer suppresses his shaytaan by obeying Allaah and adhering steadfastly to His religion, so he humiliates his shaytaan until he becomes weak and unable to stop the believer doing good or make him fall into evil, except what Allaah wills. The sinner, by his disobedience and evil actions, gives his shaytaan the strength to make him do evil and encourages him to do evil, and discourage him from doing good. The believer has to fear Allaah and strive against his shaytaan by obeying Allaah and His Messenger :saw:, and seeking refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan. And he should strive to help his angel by obeying Allaah and His Messenger and heeding the commands of Allaah.

The Muslims help their brothers among the jinn to obey Allaah and His Messenger just as they help their human brothers. Humans may help them in some matters without realizing it. They may help them to obey Allaah and His Messenger by teaching and reminding other humans, for the jinn may attend the lessons of humans in the mosques and elsewhere and benefit from them. Humans may also hear some things from the jinn which benefit them; they may wake them up to pray or draw their attention to things which may benefit them or harm them. All of this happens even though the jinn do not make themselves visible to humans. A jinn may make himself visible to some people when pointing them towards something good or something evil. This may happen, although it is rare. Usually they do not appear to humans, although their voices may be heard on some occasions when they wake a person for prayer or tell him of some things. In conclusion, the believing jinn help the believers even though the believers may not realize it, and they love everything good for them. Similarly, believing humans love everything good for their believing brethren among the jinn, and they ask Allaah to give them everything good. They may attend lessons, and they love to listen to the Qur’aan and knowledge, as stated above. The believers among the jinn attend the lessons of humans, at some times and in some lands, and they benefit from the lessons of humans. All of this happens and is well known. This has been clearly stated by many of the scholars whom the jinn contacted and asked about some issues; they told them that they had attended their lessons.:eek: All of this is well-known, and Allaah is the One Whose help we seek.

Allaah has told us that the jinn listened to the Qur’aan from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). At the end of Soorat al-Ahqaaf, He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when We sent towards you (Muhammad) a group (three to ten persons) of the jinn, (quietly) listening to the Qur’aan. When they stood in the presence thereof, they said: ‘Listen in silence!’ And when it was finished, they returned to their people, as warners.

They said: ‘O our people! Verily, we have heard a Book (this Qur’aan) sent down after Moosa (Moses), confirming what came before it, it guides to the truth and to the Straight Path (i.e. Islam)”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:29-30]

And Allaah revealed other aayahs in a separate soorah, where He says:

“Say (O Muhammad): “It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinn listened (to this Qur’aan). They said: ‘Verily, we have heard a wonderful Recitation (this Qur’aan)!” [al-Jinn 72:1]

Many books have been written on this matter. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned a great deal on this topic in his books. There is also a book by one of the scholars entitled al-Marjaan fi Bayaan Ahkaam al-Jaan, by al-Shibli, which is a useful book. There are other books written on this topic as well. You can look for them and ask for them in any bookstore. You could also read the books of Tafseer and learn from the commentary on Soorat al-Jinn and the other aayahs from Soorat al-Ahqaaf and elsewhere which speak of the jinn. You can learn a lot from what the mufassireen(translators) (may Allaah have mercy on them) said about the jinn, both the good and the bad among them.

Kitaab Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 9, p. 373

OsMaN_93

Here to help
What Are Jinn?

The jinn

Praise be to Allaah.

The jinn are part of the creation of Allaah. He created them from fire before He created Adam, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud.
And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire”

[al-Hijr 15:26-27]

Just as Adam had descendents, so Iblees had descendents too, as Allaah says of Iblees (interpretation of the meaning):

“Will you then take him (Iblees) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you? What an evil is the exchange for the Zaalimoon (polytheists, and wrongdoers, etc)

[al-Kahf 18:50]

Allaah created the jinn and mankind to worship Him. Whoever obeys Him will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys Him will enter Hell:

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).

I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures).

Verily, Allaah is the All Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56 – interpretation]

All of the jinn, like mankind, are accountable. Among them there are believers and kaafirs, those who obey Allaah and those who disobey Him, as Allaah tells us that they said:

“‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups having different ways (religious sects)’”

[al-Jinn 72:11 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn will be rewarded or punished in the Hereafter just like mankind. Allaah tells us that they said:

“‘And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allaah, after listening to this Qur’aan), and of us some are Al-Qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)’. And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allaah), then such have sought the Right Path.’

And as for the Qaasitoon (disbelievers who deviated from the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell”

[al-Jinn 72:14-15 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn and mankind will all be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection before the Lord of the Worlds. None of them will be able to postpone that or flee from it.

“O assembly of jinn and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass beyond (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allaah)!”
[al-Rahmaan 55:33 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever among the jinn or mankind tries to flee from the Reckoning will never be able to do so, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There will be sent against you both, smokeless flames of fire and (molten) brass, and you will not be able to defend yourselves

[al-Rahmaan 55:35]

Both Adam and Iblees fell into sin, but Adam regretted it and repented, and Allaah accepted his repentance:

“Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful”
[al-Baqarah 2:37 – interpretation of the meaning]

But Iblees refused and was arrogant, so he was one of the disbelievers:

“And (remember) when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate yourselves before Adam.’ And they prostrated except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Baqarah 2:34 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever disobeys Allaah out of pride and arrogance, among the jinn and mankind, is following the Shaytaan and will be gathered with him in the Fire of Hell if he does not repent, as Allaah said to Iblees:

“(Allaah) said: ‘The truth is — and the truth I say
That I will fill Hell with you [Iblees (Satan)] and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together’”

[Saad 38:84-85 – interpretation of the meaning]

The friends of the Most Merciful (Allaah), among the jinn and mankind, co-operate in righteousness and piety, and the friends of the Shaytaan, among the jinn and mankind, co-operate in sin and transgression. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies — Shayaateen (devils) among mankind and jinn, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it; so leave them alone with their fabrications”
[al-An’aam 6:112]

The jinn used to have places near the heavens where they would sit to eavesdrop (on the inhabitants of the heavens), but when Allaah sent His Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) they were no longer allowed to do that. Whoever among them tries to listen is burned with a flaming fire, as Allaah tells us that the jinn said:

“ ‘And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.

And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush’”

[al-Jinn 72:8-9 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn are with us on this earth,:SMILY259: but by the mercy of Allaah (SWT) they see us and we do not see them, as Allaah says of Iblees and his tribe (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them”

[al-A’raaf 7:27]

Whoever can see you when you cannot see him, and he is your enemy, is more dangerous. So you must always beware of him and protect yourself from the devils among the jinn and mankind.

From Usool al-Deen al-Islami, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Imaam Ahmad said: I told my father that some people claim that the jinn do not enter the body of a human. He said, O my son, they are lying, for a jinn may speak with the tongue of a person who is lying on his sick-bed. (Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 19/12). He also said (may Allaah have mercy on him), in vol. 24 of his Fataawa (p. 276, 277):

“The existence of the jinn is proven by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and by the consensus of the salaf and scholars of this ummah. Similarly, the fact that the jinn can enter human bodies is also proven by the consensus of the imaams of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Those who eat Riba will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity…’

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

In al-Saheeh it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Shaytaan flows through the son of Adam as his blood flows…:eek:

There is no one among the imaams of the Muslims who denies that the jinn enter the body of the epileptic. Whoever denies that and claims that Islam denies that is telling lies about the sharee’ah, for there is no evidence in sharee’ah to say that this is not the case…”

From Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), p. 60

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Do the angels and jinn die?

Do the angels and jinn die?

Do the angels and jinn die? Where are they buried? Is the funeral prayer offered for them? How long do each of them live?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish.

And the Face of your Lord full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever”
[al-Rahmaan 55:26-27]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Here Allaah tells us that all the inhabitants of the earth will perish and die, as will all the inhabitants of heaven, except for whomsoever Allaah wills, and nothing will be left except His Noble Face, for the Lord does not die, rather He is the Ever-Living who will never die.

(Tafseer al-Qur’aan il-‘Azeem, 4/273)

Al-Bukhaari (7383) and Muslim (2717) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bi ‘izzatika laa ilaaha ill anta an tadillani, anta al-hayyu alladhi laa yamoot wa’l-jinn wa’l-ins yamootoon (O Allaah, I seek refuge in Your glory, there is no god but You, against being led astray, for You are the Ever-Living Who does not die, but the jinn and mankind will die).”

With regard to your questions about where they are buried, whether the funeral prayer is offered for them and how long they live, these are matters which are concealed from us. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little”[al-Isra’ 17:85]

The Muslim should strive to learn more about that which has an impact on his own behaviour, such as knowledge of Allaah, His names and attributes, what he is obliged to believe in and knowledge of the rulings of sharee’ah. He should avoid delving deeply into matters which he is not required to know and in which there is no benefit. I ask Allaah to grant us beneficial knowledge and righteous deeds.
And Allaah knows best.

:ma::salam2:

Amiable_Asif

ASAK My Brother

LOL, Yes my dear brother Jinn & Shaitaan are same. Similarly like a human being like us can be a Doctor, Lawyer, a good person, or a bad person inspite of being a man or woman. A doctor is a man/woman, a lawyer is a man/woman in the same manner shaytaans are jinn, those jinns who are evil are known as Shaytaans. Hope you understand. Allah Hafiz