Are Muslims racists?

rougan

lol yea... welcome, sorry ranting is a favorite pastime of mine ;) ... anyways, I see what you mean, but you must realize that among every box of fruits there may be a rotten one. But the thing to realize is that that fruit does not represent all the rest of them... lol.. let's go back to humans. These people who discriminate should not be used to generalize and classify Muslims either... because isn't that then a type of discrimination then too? Or at the very least a prejidice and a form of Islamophobia, which is already admant in many parts. Just looking at this thread... has anyone said yes? At your introductory post, has anyone shown you other than welcome? So take not others as examples of Muslims, but those who are correct in the character of a Muslim.

Also I mean to say... your comment can be flipped and multplied many folds backwards.

- the act of some non-muslims towards muslims, which in a way is very discriminating -

There can be several, mulitple reports of Muslims facing abuse and oppression, discrimination, and prejidice from non-muslims. Many times these cases are left unhandled, and overlooked because those who are set to judge do not see what happens as unfair.

Because of this, do WE ask the question - make the statement - Are non-muslims racist/discriminatory?

i dunno ~ 2:20 AM :D ~ night night

One thing that I only notice is that the Muslim community is not really “permeable” (I know it’s for gases and liquids but can’t find the exact term to use. LOL). I mean, I feel like there is no way for a non-Muslim to understand a Muslim’s way of life unless he/she becomes one of them.

rougan

lol yea... welcome, sorry ranting is a favorite pastime of mine ;) ... anyways, I see what you mean, but you must realize that among every box of fruits there may be a rotten one. But the thing to realize is that that fruit does not represent all the rest of them... lol.. let's go back to humans. These people who discriminate should not be used to generalize and classify Muslims either... because isn't that then a type of discrimination then too? Or at the very least a prejidice and a form of Islamophobia, which is already admant in many parts. Just looking at this thread... has anyone said yes? At your introductory post, has anyone shown you other than welcome? So take not others as examples of Muslims, but those who are correct in the character of a Muslim.

Also I mean to say... your comment can be flipped and multplied many folds backwards.

- the act of some non-muslims towards muslims, which in a way is very discriminating -

There can be several, mulitple reports of Muslims facing abuse and oppression, discrimination, and prejidice from non-muslims. Many times these cases are left unhandled, and overlooked because those who are set to judge do not see what happens as unfair.

Because of this, do WE ask the question - make the statement - Are non-muslims racist/discriminatory?

i dunno ~ 2:20 AM :D ~ night night

LOL. Ranting is pleasurable at times… Before I say anything else, allow me to commend you for being such a wise person that you are and all of you guys for sharing your wisdom onto this post. Really amazing!

Well, personally, I haven’t had any unpleasant experience with a Muslim brother and sister at all. Those I knew are such wonderful people. However, I am just curious to know how Muslims would actually react to such question and what are their views on it.

kayleigh

Well..Islam isn't a race, so hating Muslims isn't racist. Unless you refer to them as "sandniggers" and the like.

I think this has been seen very much among Muslims - prejudice & ignorance breeding more ignorance & prejudice. Because of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it's somehow "cool" to hate Jews. Lots of Muslims, even though they don't really hate every single Jew, say they do, fail to distinguish zionist from Jew (most zionists arent even Jewish), and blame every little thing that goes wrong in their lives on Jews (ie: The media said there was a terrorist attack. Must be because Jews control everything...yeahno, doesn't work like that).

rougan

Well..Islam isn't a race, so hating Muslims isn't racist. Unless you refer to them as "sandniggers" and the like.

I think this has been seen very much among Muslims - prejudice & ignorance breeding more ignorance & prejudice. Because of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it's somehow "cool" to hate Jews. Lots of Muslims, even though they don't really hate every single Jew, say they do, fail to distinguish zionist from Jew (most zionists arent even Jewish), and blame every little thing that goes wrong in their lives on Jews (ie: The media said there was a terrorist attack. Must be because Jews control everything...yeahno, doesn't work like that).

There have been a lot of conspiracy theories but no concrete evidence was found yet. I think the Jews deserve a non-prejudicial treatment too like anyone else.

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum, i think the word you are referring to is 'discrimination'. But racism like what you are talking about i think refers to cultural and national discrimination, which we all know is haraam, Allah did not create tribes and nations to hate one another but to KNOW one another.

Hello guys,

Greetings of peace to you all! Please don't be offended by this question. I just think that since I feel that as of this time, there have been instances of racism against Muslims around the world, I wanted to know your views on this. Did you feel that because of the racism you get from other people, you become a racist too? Please disregard this thread if it is offensive. Thanks!

I believe there is no racism in Islam in what so ever, no Superiority or inferiority …Most believers focus on their inner space not outer space…that’s why you would see the peasant and the king pray side by side. “Allah does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds.”

As Muslims we are in no position to judge others or discriminate against, whether they are Muslims or not.

Peace

rougan

Asalaamu alakum, i think the word you are referring to is 'discrimination'. But racism like what you are talking about i think refers to cultural and national discrimination, which we all know is haraam, Allah did not create tribes and nations to hate one another but to KNOW one another.

Correct. It was technically incorrect.

rougan

I believe there is no racism in Islam in what so ever, no Superiority or inferiority …Most believers focus on their inner space not outer space…that’s why you would see the peasant and the king pray side by side. “Allah does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds.”

As Muslims we are in no position to judge others or discriminate against, whether they are Muslims or not.

Peace

Most Islamic countries are in the east and in my opinion racism in the east is not really as big as in the west.