ARE THESE SHIAS GOOD????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSABJA

I was surfing on the web when a found a SHIA .He wrote this on his web site.I want to ask that if a SHIA believes in these things then can we call him as a GOOD MUSLIM and close to Sunnah.

The centuries old Shia Sunni differences are the major obstacle to Muslim unity (Shia Sunni unity). The enemies of Islam to their benefit have always fanned these differences. Unfortunately, some so-called Muslim scholars on their payroll have also played a key role in keeping these differences alive.

Shia Sunni differencesAlthough I was born into a Sayyid Sunni family, I did not know of many differences while growing up as a child. Our families always respected Imam Hussain (peace be upon him) and his parents and participated in ceremonies marking the anniversary of his martyrdom (the 10th day of the month of Muharram which is called Ashura) by reciting the first chapter of the Holy Qur'an (al-Fatihah) and other chapters and verses of the Holy Quran and fasted on the ninth and tenth days of that month.

Now when I give lectures on Islam to non-Muslims, one of the questions they always ask me is if I am Shia or Sunni. I ask them if they know the difference. They have no knowledge, other than what has been given to them by the media. So they say Shias are the ones who are the bad guys, the militant version of Islam, and cause all the trouble in the Middle East these days.

These non-Muslim American audiences of mine are surprised to learn that some of the known tyrants like Saddam Hussain and troublemakers like the PLO and Hamas are all Sunni's, just as they are surprised to learn that Tariq Aziz (Former Iraq's Foreign Minister) was Christian and not a Muslim.

This is what I say to them about Shiite. "If Ali ibn Abu Talib (cousin of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) was a Shia, then I am a Shia. If he was a Sunni, then I am a Sunni [i.e., a follower of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)]." In Islam there are five recognized schools of Divine Law: 1) Hanafi; 2) Shafi; 3) Maliki; 4) Hambali and 5) Jafari.

The first four are called Sunni, and the fifth one, who in addition to following sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), also follows those of Ali ibn Abu Talib and consider him as the rightful successor of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), are called Shia. The first four have many major theological differences among themselves and according to a Christian friend of mine, "The only time Sunni's are united is when they are fighting Shias." Shiism started as a political movement (Shia means follower or partisan) to help Ali ibn Abu Talib become successor of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Around every successful popular figure, there are some admirers whose own future interests rest with the rise of their leader. Thus in Indiana, we have "Friends of Lugar Club", who are hoping that some day Senator Richard Lugar will become a US President. Nationally, we now have a "Hillary Rodham Clinton Fan Club" with 4,000 members! Thus, there were the Followers of Ali ibn Abu Talib Club, which later on became a political movement. During the initial battles with unbelievers, Ali ibn Abu Talib, the Sword of Islam, was in the forefront and defeated and killed many of their leaders whose children and grandchildren, even when they became Muslims, always remembered who killed their father (animosity).

Ali ibn Abu Talib was raised by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as a child so he knew Islam very well. Thus, when Ali ibn Abu Talib became a judge, his judgments were based on strict Islamic principles, much to the disappointment of many who expected him to be lenient to the rich and powerful. Ali ibn Abu Talib was so well respected and trusted by both Caliph Abu Bakr and Umar, that in difficult cases they asked his opinion.

Nevertheless, I tell my non-Muslim audience that both Shia and Sunni have many things in common. They both believe in One God (Allah), follow the same Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet, offer five daily prescribed prayers, perform the prescribed fast in the month of Ramadan, go to Makkah for the Hajj pilgrimage, read the same book of Allah, Holy Qur'an, and pay the poor-due (Zakat).

However, my answers can only satisfy my uninformed non-Muslim audience. The Sunni brothers, misguided by western propaganda, who are ready to embrace non-Muslims (especially the white ones), in the pretext of invitation to Islam, will not do so for Shia. They are ignorant Sunni's. Our job as a missionary should be to invite both groups to the true Islam and not chase them out. There is a movement in the Sunni world to have Shias labeled as disbelievers. I have been told that Shaykh Bin Baz of Saudi Arabia has declared an edict that the meat of the People of Book (Jews and Christians) is permissible for Sunni Muslims to eat but not the meat slaughtered by Shias.

There are scholars on both sides, like Imam Khomeini and Shaykh Shaltut of al-Azhar who have done their best to minimize these differences and bring unity, but it is not working due to the misinformation prevailing in the common masses of Sunnis about Shiism. Thus I am listing their misconceptions of Shia belief and practices. For answers, I have consulted two Shia scholars in America. Dr. A. S. Hashim of Washington and Imam Muhammad Ali Elahi of Detroit.

Shia Sunni unityProfessor Seyyed Hossein Nasr wrote to me "to ignore and not waste time in responding to such wrong allegations." He also mentioned that "a great deal of money and effort is being spent in the last few years to fan the fire of hatred between Shia and Sunni in the Persian Gulf region with obvious political and economical fruits for powers to-be." However, in the interest of Islamic unity, I must deal with the questions rather than shun them. Please note that Imam Jafar as Sadiq (peace be upon him), founder of the Shia school of law, was the teacher of Imam Abu-Hanifa (peace be upon him).

* Misconception #1: Shias have a different Holy Qur'an. They add another 10 chapters to the original Holy Qur'an.

Response: Not true. I have checked many times Holy Qur'an kept in Shia homes and mosques. I still find it the same as the original Holy Qur'an. More recently, I took care of an Iranian lady patient hospitalized here. I saw a copy of the Holy Qur'an by her side. I borrowed it from her and browsed through cover-to-cover. In Arabic it was the same as our Holy Qur'an. Of course, since I did not know the Persian language, I can't say much about the translation. It is a sin to even say that the Holy Qur'an can be changed or added to by Shia when Almighty God protects it.

* Misconception #2: Some Shia considers Ali ibn Abu Talib as God.

Response: Not true. It is disbelief to even think of such a thing. During the time of Ali ibn Abu Talib, some pagan groups called Gholat did consider Ali ibn Abu Talib as Lord. When he found out, they were burned to death.

* Misconception #3: Shias have different declarations of faith and they add to the call to prescribed prayer.

Response: The declaration to become a Muslim, as administered to non-Muslims, is the same. Some Shia add to themselves, "Ali ibn Abu Talib is a friend of God or Ali ibn Abu Talib is a spiritual leader of God," after the call to prescribed prayer, but not as part of the call to prescribed prayer.

* Misconception #4: Shias do not perform Sunnah prayers. Sunnah prayers are non-obligatory prayers performed by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Response: Shias do perform non-obligatory prayers, 36 cycles per day in total, but call it Nawafil and not Sunnah.

* Misconception #5: Some Shia believes the Angel Gabriel made a mistake and prophet hood was meant for Ali ibn Abu Talib and not Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Response: Not true. No Shia thinks of such false claims. "Only demented minds think of such questions."

* Misconception #6: Shias slander and ridicule the first three caliphs (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman) and Prophet Muhammad's wife, Ayesha.

Response: Shia considers the first three caliphs as companions and administrators, but not spiritual leaders (Imams). Imam Jafar as Sadiq (peace be upon him), whose mother and grandmother came from the line of Abu Bakr, said of Abu Bakr, "He gave me birth twice." Ayesha is respected by Shias as the "Mother of Believers," as Ali ibn Abu Talib respected her when he sent her back from Basra to Madinah after the Battle of the Camel. If some Shia do slander the three caliphs and Ayesha, they do it out of ignorance and should ask God's forgiveness. (As we have witnessed how Imam Khomeini, The Shia bravely declared death of Salman Rushdie - The author of Satanic Verses who abused the wife of Prophet Ayesha and Shia Leader declared blasphemy, just for his Fatwa the whole western countries became against Iran. See how much price did Shia pay to defend Ayesha - while Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE etc. etc. as the Sunni government were silent they did not defend Ayesha. Now who loves Ayesha?)

* Shias combine prayersMisconception # 7: Shias combine all five prayers into one prayer in the evening.

Response: Not true. In Shia mosques, whether in Iran or the USA, all five daily prayers are performed. Shia do combine noon and afternoon and evening and night, but Shia scholars recommend performing them separately. Such combinations may not be ideal, but better than not praying at all. How can a Sunni who does not pray at all be better than a Shia who combines prayers?

* Misconception # 8: Shias do not pay zakat (poor-due).

Response: Not true. They not only pay 2.5% left over from savings as zakat, but also an additional 20% as Khums or general charity. However, they prefer to pay directly to the needy rather than corrupt Sunni government.

* Misconception #9: Shias practice temporary marriages (Mutah).

Response: Temporary marriages (Mutah) was allowed during the time of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and he himself practiced it. Ibn Zubayr was born out of the temporary marriage. Later on Caliph Umar prohibited it due to social reasons as the Islamic world was rapidly expanding. Shias discourage Mutah but do not consider it prohibited. Some do abuse this. As a temporary privilege during travel, it is better than adultery.

* Misconception #10: They consider Imams infallible and above the Prophets.

Response: Not true. All prophets are born Prophet but as mentioned in the Holy Qur'an about Abraham that after passing the test, a prophet becomes a leader (Imam). Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the Prophet (Nabi), Messenger (Rasul) and leader (Imam). Imams are carriers of the message of Islam. Shias consider Ali ibn Abu Talib only as an Imam and not prophet.

With the little knowledge I have, I tried to do my best as a Sunni in defending my Shia brothers in Islam with the hope and prayer to God Almighty that He will "instill love in the heart of the believers" and bring us closer to each other so that we jointly can fight our common enemy, Satan and his followers.

May God forgive my mistakes in this article and this book (Amin).

"Knowledge is better than wealth because it protects you while you have to guard wealth. It decreases if you keep on spending it but the more you make use of knowledge, the more it increases. What you get through wealth disappears as soon as wealth disappears but what you achieve through knowledge will remain even after you."

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT THIS SHIA .HE SEEMS CLOSER TO US.

Shahzad

no shia is closer to sunni by any means

they call names to sahabah (RA) and Aisha Siddiqa (RA).

Khumini, the iran president said i dont accpet that ALLAH who has made Abu Bakr and Umer, a caliph.

Do u still think that they are closer to us? I would sincerely advise u to refrain from talking to any shia and learn abt shia-ism if u want to know its reality.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
If Shia are kuffar, why are they allowed to go to Hajj (and have been doing Hajj since the last 1400 years)? I thought only Muslims were allowed in Makkah for hajj etc. Also, just as we don't want non-Muslims to learn about Islam from commentary by Rudy Giuliani or Barbara Walters, I don't think it's a good idea to learn about whatever the heck Shia's believe from a third person's point of view. Anyone who's ever had to write a proper research assignment in university, or even high school, will know that. Salam alaikum.

Shahzad

sister dna... its not just my point of view. I have read about them.
Shias diguise them as muslims. Who knows that some one is shia????

This is not written on passport or wat ever.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ I'm a brother :) Shia people usually say out loud that they are Shia. If a Shia outspokenly says something bad, I think the average person would have enough common sense to see it.

I knew a few people in my class last year that were Shia. They seemed pretty normal. One guy was an international student from Saudi Arabia - he seemed to be more conservative and be at the (Sunni) university mosque to pray Zohur than the his Saudi friends who came with him (who were not shia).

I'm not saying they are right or anything - but if the above is what they say they believe, who are we to say otherwise? It's like telling an evangelical Christian that we worship only One Supreme God that is far above His creation - yet they insist that we worship a moon statute and try to explain to us what we believe in - doesn't make sense. Salam alaikum.

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
Yep I agree, I have heaps of shia friends and they are great people. They fast, pray etc etc. Only Allah sw knows if they are muslims or not. I don't think all the shiaas should be judged as one or based upon what someone said, they are diverse. And if we are ever going o reunit, then we must look at the things that we have in common rather than our differences. :wasalam:

...QUOTE]

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I would love to believe what you wrote and I hate that muslims are split in two major hostile divisions.

But I think the Shias are asking too much.

How can we ignore the great acheivements by other companions, especially Abu Bakar, Omar and Uthman R.A Ajmaeen.
If they were not the spiritual leaders, then who is? This Sayad brother whom you quoted?

Islam is not a personal property that belong to certain family.
It is universal blessing.
Shias unfortunately make it seem that it belongs to Sayad, like the guy that you quoted from.
It is similar aproach to Jews who think they are the chosen ones.

According to them, Sayad families have special stauts which is wrong.
You can't inherit special status by birth.
You have to work for it.
No one is better in creation than anyone else.

These are the wrong type of messages given by their ideology.

I know of many Sunni countries where Shia are a minority, but are not deprived of their rights and are treated equally.

Iran, being the champion of Shias have suppressed the Sunnis. It is a fact and I have lived there myself when I was young.

Maybe I dont remember much, but my father did tell me enough about the situation there.

I still feel that we should not feel hostile towards one another and certainly not kill eachother as we will all be doomed.
We certainly share many things too.

Bearing in mind that Tawheed and Aqeeda are the main issues in Islam.
This is where we differ most from them.

If Iran sets a good exmaple of how they treat their Sunni counterparts in their own country, perhaps that will make us reconsider our views about them.

We love Ali R.A and the other three companions equally, but it is they who look down on the other three companions R.A. and it certainly hurts us.

May Allah guide them. Ameen

must91

:salam2:
Haven't you people heard the hadith of our Nabi Muhammad (SWS) and the best understood meaning of its that two groups of people amongst my ummah (Muslims) would be led astray. One in my love and the other in my hatred.

you decide who is who.
But how i see it is that everything is Allah (SWT) plan. Plan that we can not change unless Allah (SWT) wills.

:wasalam:

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Well it cannot be said that all shias are bad.
Even I had a good shia friend.

But on many websites, I found shias abusing Hazrat Abu Bakar, Umar and Uthman R.A

If they love Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), they shouldn't be doing this and should love and respect all the companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

And many shias do believe that Mutah marriage is allowed. It is not just disliked, its Haraam.

And torturing yourself isn't allowed in islam.

Allah says in Quran, [006:159] as for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with God: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

And this is what we should do, not make any sects. Just believe and do whatever Allah and his messenger (pbuh) commanded us to do. Nowhere is it mentioned in Quran or Hadith that you've to believe in 12 Imams to become a Muslim, or you will be saved if you are a sunni or a shia.

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
think again!

Salaam..

First of all, ahmedinajad is the president of Iran. ( I think you are referring to khamenei). And second, the statement is true, because allah s.w.t. didn't make them caliph, they held secret meetings while Imam Ali a.s. was burying the prophet BPUH and his household.

I can understand how u might be feeling but I totally disagree with you. You say that Allah sw didn't make Abu Bakr ra and Umar rd Khalifs but rather the two of them secretly held meetings and outstriped Allah sw's plan? Thats just crazy! Don't you believe in devine fate! They were meant to be Caliphs, they were older and closer to the Prophet ASW. Havent you read the hadith wherein the prophet asw said Abu Bakr is the dearest male to me and Aisha ra is the dearest female? Just before the prophet asw passed away, he asw was unable to lead the prayers, who did he asw ask to be his surrogate leading the prayers? Non but Abu Bakr ra. Who was the Prophet sw best friend who stayed close to him in the cave? Non but Abu Bakr ra. Who is currently buried right next to the Prophet asw? none but Abu Bakr ra and Umar rd. My point is that all sahabis are guiding stars and I would love to reach the merit of the weakest one among them.
I rest my case and Allah sw know best

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Narrated 'Ali: "I said to Ibn 'Abbas, 'During the battle of Khaibar the Prophet forbade (Nikah) Al-Mut'a [Temporary Marriage in English] and the eating of donkey's meat.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah), Volume 7, Book 62, Number 50)

The reason why temporary marriage was allowed is to prevent illegal sex, prostitution and rape especially during the early times of Islam when Muslims didn't have residence stability and were facing all kinds of difficulties from the pagans. The Muslim men used to also travel for long months away from their families to meet the enemy in the battle field. Some of the towns they used to go to had Muslim women in them, and to prevent adultery and fornication with any woman (Muslim or non-Muslim), and to prevent rape, the Prophet peace be upon him allowed temporary marriage contracts between Muslim men and women. But later it was declared as haram.

This is the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

Had Mutah been lawful in Islam then the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have recommended it at this point to do it then to fast.

[Verse 4:24] talks about marriage not temporary marriage, Read it in context.
Brother one should not derive a certain meaning of any verse of the Holy Quran, so that it fits their nafs. This is what lead Jews to destruction and this is what Khawarij’s also used to do.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

The Raafidi Shi’ah would not refrain from telling lies against the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah described them as being “the worst liars among people and the worst in breaking promises.” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 28/484. And he also said in Minhaaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah (1/8) that they are the worst liars when it comes to transmitting reports, and the most ignorant of people in terms of reasoning. They believe reports which the scholars know are obviously false, and they reject well-known facts that have been passed down from generation to generation. With regard to the transmission of knowledge and the narrators of ahaadeeth and reports, they do not differentiate between lies, mistakes and ignorance or whether the narrator is of good character, has a sound memory and is known for his knowledge of the reports.
In Minhaaj al-Sunnah (2/87) he also said: “Among the people who pray towards the qiblah you will not find any more ignorant than the Raafidi Shi’ah… they are the worst liars among people without a doubt… and they are the most hypocritical.”

About the Prophet peace be upon Him appointing Ali (may Allah SWT be pleased with him), this opinion is not known among any of the Muslim groups apart from the Shi’ah, and it is a false view which has no basis in the ahaadeeth that have been proven from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). On the contrary, a great deal of evidence shows that the khaleefah after the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him and with all the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not state that clearly and he did not appoint him in any definitive sense; rather he gave commands which indicated that, when he told him to lead the people in prayer when he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) was sick, and when he told him about the leadership of the Muslim community after his death, saying, “Allaah and the believers will only accept Abu Bakr.” Hence the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) gave their allegiance (bay’ah) to Abu Bakr and they were unanimously agreed that Abu Bakr was the best among them. It was reported in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) used to say during the Prophet’s life: “The best of this ummah after its Prophet is Abu Bakr, then ‘Umar, then ‘Uthmaan,” and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of their saying that. Mutawaatir reports from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) show that he used to say, “The best of this ummah after its Prophet is Abu Bakr then ‘Umar.” And he (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say, “No one is brought to me who prefers me over them, but I will whip him with the hadd punishment for telling lies.” He never claimed that he was the best of this ummah, or that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had appointed him as khaleefah. He never said that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) had wronged him and taken away his rights. When Faatimah (may Allaah be pleased with her) died he gave a second pledge of allegiance (bay’ah) to Abu Bakr, as confirmation of his first pledge and to demonstrate to the people that he was with the jamaa’ah (the main group of Muslims) and that he had no reservations in his heart against giving his allegiance to Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with them all). When ‘Umar was stabbed, he appointed six of those whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had testified were guaranteed Paradise, for them to appoint one of their number as ‘Umar’s successor; among these six was ‘Ali, who never denounced ‘Umar, either whilst he was still alive or after his death. ‘Ali did not say that he was more entitled than any of them to be khaleefah, so how can anyone have the right to tell lies about the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say that he appointed ‘Ali as khaleefah? ‘Ali himself never made any such claim, and none of the Sahaabah claimed that for him. Rather they were unanimously agreed that the caliphate of Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan was valid; ‘Ali acknowledged that and he cooperated with all of them in jihad, shoora (consultation), etc. Moreover, the Muslims after the Sahaabah were agreed upon that which the Sahaabah had been agreed on. After all this, it is not permissible for anyone or for any group, Shi’ah or others, to claim that ‘Ali was the appointed successor, or that the caliphate before him was false. Similarly, no one has the right to say that the Sahaabah wronged ‘Ali and took away his rights. Rather this is the falsest of falsehoods, and it is thinking badly of the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), including ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him and with them all).

Allaah has protected the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and kept it from agreeing on misguidance. It was narrated in a saheeh report in many ahaadeeth that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A group of my ummah will continue to adhere to the truth and to prevail.” It is impossible that the noblest generation of this ummah could agree on falsehood, supposedly the caliphate of Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan. No one says this who believes in Allaah and the Last Day, and no one says this who has the slightest insight into the rulings of Islam.

From the fatwas of Shaykh Ibn Baaz, from Kitaab Fataawa Islaamiyyah, 1/46.

Mut’ah or temporary marriage refers to when a man marries a woman for a specific length of time in return for a particular amount of money.

The basic principle concerning marriage is that it should be ongoing and permanent. Temporary marriage – i.e., mut’ah marriage – was permitted at the beginning of Islam, then it was abrogated and became haraam until the Day of Judgement.

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1406.

Allaah has made marriage one of His signs which calls us to think and ponder. He has created love and compassion between the spouses, and has made the wife a source of tranquility for the husband. He encouraged us to have children and decreed that a woman should wait out the ‘iddah period and may inherit. None of that exists in this haraam form of marriage.

A woman who is married in a mut’ah marriage, according to the Raafidis – i.e. the Shi’ah, who are the ones who say that this is permissible – is neither a wife nor a concubine. But Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:5-7]

The Raafidis quote invalid evidence to support their argument that mut’ah is permissible. For example:

(a) They quote the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…so with those of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations, give them their Mahr as prescribed…”
[al-Nisa’ 4:24]

They say: this verse indicates that mut’ah is permissible, and the word ‘their mahr (ujoorahunna – lit. their dues or their wages)’ is evidence that what is meant by the phrase ‘you have enjoyed sexual relations’ is mut’ah.

The refutation of this is the fact that prior to this Allaah mentions the women whom a man is forbidden to marry, then he mentions what is permissible for him, and He commands the man to give to the woman he marries her mahr.

The joy of marriage is expressed here by the word enjoyment (‘of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations’). A similar instance occurs in the Sunnah, in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Woman is like a bent rib, if you try to straighten her you will break her. If you want to enjoy her, then enjoy her while she still has some crookedness in her.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4889; Muslim, 1468.

The mahr is referred to here as ajr (lit. dues or wages), but this does not refer to the money which is paid to the woman with whom he engages in mut’ah in the contract of mut’ah. The mahr is referred to as ajr elsewhere in the Book of Allaah, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet (Muhammad)! Verily, We have made lawful to you your wives, to whom you have paid their Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)…”
[al-Ahzaab 33:50]

Thus it becomes clear that there is no evidence in this verse to suggest that mut’ah is permissible.

Even if we were to say for argument’s sake that this verse indicates that mut’ah is permitted, we would still say that it is abrogated by the reports in the saheeh Sunnah which prove that mut’ah is forbidden until the Day of Resurrection.

(b) The reports that some of the Sahaabah regarded it as being permissible, especially Ibn ‘Abbaas.

The refutation here is the fact that the Raafidis are following their own whims and desires, because they regard the companions of the Prophet (may Allaah be pleased with them) as kaafirs, then you see them quoting their actions as permissible in this instance and in others.

With regard to those who said that it is permissible, they are among those who did not hear that it had been forbidden. The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) – including ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Zubayr – refuted Ibn ‘Abbaas’s view that mut’ah was permitted.
It was narrated from ‘Ali that he heard Ibn ‘Abbaas permitting mut’ah marriage, and he said, “Wait a minute, O Ibn ‘Abbaas, for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade it on the day of Khaybar and (he also forbade) the meat of tame donkeys.”
Narrated by Muslim, 1407.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.