are u extremis or not?

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
:salam2:
brothers and sisters after watching bbc and cnn tv this question bother me that if a muslim is extremist then why he is an extremist ? if he is not why?
please if you are extremist tell the reason if not why?
jazzakallah

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Sister please ask those who blame a muslim for extremism that what is their definition of an extermist.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
brother i am old enough to understand your definition .you just define EXTREMIST thats all.i want to know your opinion.
jazzakallah brother.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Extremely bad= Worst
Extremely good= Best.
Extreme Muslim = Strong follower of fundametals of Islam , and hence having clash with satan worshipping shameless civilization. And hence a terrorist in the eyes of the followers of those people of astray.

But in general, media projects the personal violent acts of a Muslims as his religious. On the other hand, there really are such Muslims who take the definition of Islam as extremely 'wrong'. Currenly, this contextual reference is being used about Muslims, no matter they are extreme misinterpreters of the religion or they really are extreme strong in their faith.

So? I AM NOT EXTREMIST BUT FUNDAMENTALIST.

(As fundamentalism can have good fundamentalism or bad. It only means fundamentalist of the ideology of Islam. And we believe we should be fundamentalists 'at least')

Wasslaam,
VE

justoneofmillion

fundamentalist was the word thanks bro ! being fundamentalist in islam is believing in the quran as being the word of god and accepting the quran and sunna as a the fundament for ones life is simply just being MUSLIM, extremism is forcing people to think act an become like oneself which is contradictory to islam "no compultion in religion" being extremist is launching war and media propagandas(inventing new vocabulary and slogans) for money under the banner of democratie shadowed by hypocrity. being selecitve is watching tom and gerry which are far more funnyand informativ than some bbc or cnn ridicules goofs!!!!!!!!!!! wassalam aleikum wa rahmatullah be safe sister:SMILY139:

ps:serouisly if next time you have the alternativ go for tom and gerry or winy the pooh they are certainly more informativ than cnn

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I agree with brother VE.
However a humble advice to you,sister, do not follow the western fanatic media lobby, where they say whatever they want. Most of the times they dont even know anything about Islam and make comments.
Extremism cannot be defined in terms of definition but you can have a relative and comparable attitude. THere are some people who say going to extreme in Islam is not good, but what do they mean by that they themselves do not know.
A person when he surrenders himself completely for the sake of Allah alone and fear to disobey HIS laws and orders, when he fears to disobey the teachings of Islam he is in his best position of taqwa and Eeman.Due to which he gets closer to The Creator. Now a non-muslim will call it a extreme if he has little or no knowledge about ISLAM.
eg. Most of the non-muslims are going about negatively with the issue of NIQAB. But is it extremism ? Ofcourse not. But do they understand the reason and logic behind. They just shout without any knowledge.
There are parents, who upon seeing their child having beard, rise to extents of scolding him and mental torturing, because they feel its not yet time for him to keep a beard. Are they the ones to decide, or is it already decided?
There are a number of factors which you go on, a lot of examples which you can speak of, but ultimately it comes down to the basic teachings of Islam which are already established.
Most importantly we need to have patience and look upon things through the eyes of Islam, not just criticise anybody or support any ruling or give consent to any opinion.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

You said: " if you are extremist tell the reason if not why?"

Firstly, I think you should have asked your question in a better way. I really dont know what the point of this thread is. Muslims are not extreme, no we hate extremism. It has nothing to do with Islam. If there is anyone who says they are extreme, they should either LEARN Islam and follow it properly, Or they can get lost for they are hated in the eyes of Allah, the most high.

Here is why>>

Islam is complete and perfect:

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. - [Quran 05:03]

Its always the middle way, A Muslim should never be extreme nor should he forget his Lord and the reason of his existance, i.e. to worship Allah the most High.

Allah the Most high and the Prophet :saw: instructed us on how to follow Islam.

1. To understand Islam properly>> We Follow the Quran and we also follow the Hadith:

And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. " [Quran 59:7]

Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad saaws) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)." (Quran 24:54):

Allaah's Messenger :saw: gave us an admonition which caused the eyes to shed tears and the hearts to fear, so we said, "O Messenger of Allaah, this is as if it were a farewell sermon, so with what do you counsel us?" So he said: "I have left you upon clear proof , its night is like its day, no one deviates from it except one who is destroyed, and whoever lives long from amongst you will see great controversy. So stick to what you know from my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the orthodox, rightly-guided caliphs - cling to that with your molar teeth, and stick to obedience even if it is to an Abyssinian slave, since the believer is like a submissive camel, wherever he is led, he follows" [Ahmad (4/126), Ibn Maajah (no. 43), al-Haakim (1/96) and others - Hasan]

The Prophet :saw: also said:

"Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

Following the right way

The Correct Creed

Islam, the Religion of Ease and Moderation

Allah, the most Glorified and Most High, is the sole creator of ALL mankind and therefore knows his nature more intricately than any of mankind.

Allah, has therefore chosen for us a religion best suited to the nature of mankind, a religion that goes neither to the Extremes of hardship nor of laxity, but instead provides a middle path; in other words, a religion of ease.

Allah, most high stated in the Quran:

"Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you" [2:185];

"Allah does not want to place you in difficulty" [5:6].

Such easiness is well explained in the hadeeth reported by Abu Hurairah, radiya Allahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said, "Religion is easy..." [Bukhari], he also said; "The best of your religion, is the easiest." [Ahmad]

The easiness of this religion was put into practise by the best of humanity, the one who came to deliver the message, as Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, said;

"Verily there has come unto you a Messenger from amongst yourselves, it grieves him that you should suffer any difficulty, he is anxious for you, for the believers he is full of pity and merciful" [10:128]

Therefore a middle way is always taken. Patience is one of the greatest virtues a Muslim can have.

"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.'' (42:43)

The Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said,"Allah shows compassion only to those among His slaves who are compassionate".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The Prophet :saw: Spoke against extremism.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “This faith is easy and whosoever wrestle with it (i.e., takes it to extremes and overburden himself with difficult duties) will end up defeated. So, follow the path of rectitude and moderation.” (Al-Bukhari)

The Prophet :peace and Blessings be upon him) also said:

‘Beware of extremism in matters of religion. For truly, those before you were destroyed on account of (their) religious extremism.’ (Ahmed & Nisai)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:The Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said, "The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in a fit of rage.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

and Allah the most High says in the Quran:

"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish." (Al-A`raaf 7:199)

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
extremist

1. a person who goes to extremes, esp. in political matters.

2. a supporter or advocate of extreme doctrines or practices.

3. belonging or pertaining to extremists.

No. 38 - Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).

Sahih Al-Bakari

divident

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Extremely bad= Worst
Extremely good= Best.
Extreme Muslim = Strong follower of fundametals of Islam , and hence having clash with satan worshipping shameless civilization. And hence a terrorist in the eyes of the followers of those people of astray.

But in general, media projects the personal violent acts of a Muslims as his religious. On the other hand, there really are such Muslims who take the definition of Islam as extremely 'wrong'. Currenly, this contextual reference is being used about Muslims, no matter they are extreme misinterpreters of the religion or they really are extreme strong in their faith.

So? I AM NOT EXTREMIST BUT FUNDAMENTALIST.

(As fundamentalism can have good fundamentalism or bad. It only means fundamentalist of the ideology of Islam. And we believe we should be fundamentalists 'at least')

Wasslaam,
VE

Agree with those,In media the term extremist more belong to bad thing,sucide bomb,etc but as Islam already has it's own rules for all field of our life we must become extremist in good or in term of doing our islamic foundation,for example some of friend because of to adore his friend,when his friend in christmas he come to the celebration because of invitation and he come and celebrate even not mentioning and singing church song but still not allowed as the Al-Qur'an Verse said "For You Your Own Religion and For us our own",if his fundamental and his love to Allah more great than this world,his friend would'nt mind if he just said that he cann't go because of his religion not allowed,his friend will be understanding it.Why?Allah SWT love to us are much more greater than this world

Wassalamu'alaikum Wr Wb

boupj

For me an extremist is one who has an extreme ideology and takes the teachings of Islam and manipulates them to conform to their ideology, and suit their personal needs.

bayareabilal

makakilo
moderates & extremists

I like Boupj's definition a whole heck of a lot. Congratulations for hitting the nail on the head of such a question. I would like to add ONE thing to this thread.
Being muslim is like being pregnant, you either are or are not. There is not such thing as a "moderate" muslim just the same as it is impossible for a someone to be moderately pregnant! You are either pregnant or not pregant.
peace in the middle east & to hell with the wicked beast-
:salah:

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Assalaam Allaikum

I am extremist muslim

in sleeping

i extremly like to sleep for long hours.:SMILY153: :SMILY153: :SMILY153: :SMILY153: :SMILY149:

Walaikum Assalaam.

misalat

:ma: brothers!
what a well explained ... you have really opened the eyes for many.
Jazakumu Allah Kheir Al Jazaa.
:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

I watched a wonderful video. I am a fundamentalist. I did not think I would ever be. I grew up in a very liberal environment. This is the first time I have admitted it to anyone, including myself. The lecturer on the video helped me to understand why I would label myself as a fundamentalist.
I adhere to the teachings of the Glorious Quran. I believe that Allah sent the Quran as a Mercy to humanity. I belive Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah. I believe in the angels of Allah, the Books of Allah,I believe in the Day of Judgement, and I believe in the predestination of life...given that I believe in these by definition if I claim to be a Muslim I would want to live my life as close as I can to the sharia. If that is true than I would want to be fundamental in my living my life. I would not want to step one step away from the path. If this is being an extremist label me one. Thank you.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
well brothers i am EXTREMELY GOOD, I AM EXTREMELY HONEST, I AM EXTREMELY KIND ,YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS I AM AN EXTREMIST.DOES THAT MAKE SENSE.well for the brother's information i dont watch tv allhamdulilah

divident

Allah SWT already said there is will be 73 islamic 'secterian' only 1 is the true only and belong the people of heaven.Al-Qur'an,Hadith,Sunnah,Ijtihad of Ulama my brother.

Wassalamu'alaikum Wr Wb
Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jama'ah
Allahu'akbar