Are we allowed to close our eyes while praying???

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Subhan Allah, this explanation and the example he gives is very clear and easy to understand. Jazak Allah khayran for sharing with us, sister.

Wa'salaam

muslimah84

As'salamu aleikom wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

[yt]60bdwe4am0k[/yt]

wa alykum salam ww,
interesting clip, i actually currently close my eyes when i pray,i usually dont intentionally do it, its just reflexive for me especially when in sujood???mmmm..so how do i stop this, it will be so akward, its like the sheik said i usually do have kushoo especially when this is the closest position we are to Allah swt.????but i dont see my self taking it to the extent of praying in a dark room etc etc...

umm aisha

May Allah reward you all, brother and sister for your patience in looking for knowledge. Alhamdulillah this the video was useful.

BinKhadija

An Akhu

May Allah reward you all, brother and sister for your patience in looking for knowledge. Alhamdulillah this the video was useful.
Wa'alykum Salaam Wa'rehmatullah Wa'barakatuh,
Ameen.

wa alykum salam ww,
interesting clip, i actually currently close my eyes when i pray,i usually dont intentionally do it, its just reflexive for me especially when in sujood???mmmm..so how do i stop this, it will be so akward, its like the sheik said i usually do have kushoo especially when this is the closest position we are to Allah swt.????but i dont see my self taking it to the extent of praying in a dark room etc etc...
Asslam'u Alykum sister,

Please think of keeping eyes open in Salaah as a Sunnah. And if you find it hard to do so initially, Allah Ta'la will reward you more for it - greater the effort higher the reward is going to be.

Take the example, although fasting is hard and it's highly appreciated but we Muslims don't fast on Eid day because Prophet :saw: didn't do so and it's forbidden by Allah Azwajal. So just try stop doing it for the sake of Allah, sister.

PS I'm sure that person when he decided not going to mosque he didn't think either he was going to stop praying later altogether. So let's be more careful.

hana*

my internet always crashes and i can never access videos displayed, can someone clarify for me. does youre salah become invalid if you close youre eyes during reciting a surah? i know its sunnah to keep eyes open, but does it otherwise invalidate? sorry i cant access the video to find out.

jazakAllah

BinKhadija

An Akhu
my internet always crashes and i can never access videos displayed, can someone clarify for me. does youre salah become invalid if you close youre eyes during reciting a surah? i know its sunnah to keep eyes open, but does it otherwise invalidate? sorry i cant access the video to find out.

jazakAllah
It doesn't make your Salaah invalid but it's not encouraged to so and this goes against Sunnah of the Prophet :saw:. There are many potentially dangerous outcomes. In this video, Sheikh gives example a brother.

If you think that will help, I can upload that video's audio here?

hana*

It doesn't make your Salaah invalid but it's not encouraged to so and this goes against Sunnah of the Prophet :saw:. There are many potentially dangerous outcomes. In this video, Sheikh gives example a brother.

If you think that will help, I can upload that video's audio here?

jazakAllah for youre clarification binkhadija, i'll try my best not to do it anymore, it used to help me concentrate on the surahs but if its against the sunnah then its a no-no

BinKhadija

An Akhu
jazakAllah for youre clarification binkhadija, i'll try my best not to do it anymore, it used to help me concentrate on the surahs but if its against the sunnah then its a no-no
Yes, try to avoid it, Insha'Allah.

Barak Allah feek.

umm aisha

Answer from the Sheikh Assim L. Al Hakeem

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Jazak Allah Khair brother for the answer mashallah, may Allah reward you and your family. I asked the Sheikh regarding this and he said the same.

Answer Assim L. Alhakeem:

"No, the prayer is valid and correct but the action of closing the eyes is not part of the Sunnah but it doesn’t nullify the prayer."

hana*

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Jazak Allah Khair brother for the answer mashallah, may Allah reward you and your family. I asked the Sheikh regarding this and he said the same.

Answer Assim L. Alhakeem:

"No, the prayer is valid and correct but the action of closing the eyes is not part of the Sunnah but it doesn’t nullify the prayer."

jazakAllah, actually i tried my best last night to ensure i kept my eyes open at all times, i used to do it because it gave me more 'khushoo' in salah, but i guess if its something the Prophet peace be upon him didnt do then im trying my best to avoid.

:wasalam:

Rebaz

:salam2:

Thanks for this video, I'm used to close my eyes while praying but i hope i can get used to keep them open.

du'a

when i pray i look at the place where i intend to make sujood and keep my eyes fixated on that region... according to sheikh majdy wardah this was the way of the prophet.