Are we considered slaves or servants of allah?

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't servant the same as a slave??:hijabi: Allah knows best!! Please clarify inshallah. I would say that we are servants/slaves of Allah.

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Alaykum,

slave and servent means the same thing anit? i think its the same meanin but in to differents words.

A

abdul ghaleeb

plus in arabic and most languages their is only one word that coincides with slave or servant:'abd

A

abdul ghaleeb

Allah subhana wa ta'ala is is NO NEED of our worship. He is in no need of His creation. We are the ones that need to worship him, or risk the consequences of not doing so.

Your bro in Islam

Steve
ooops
yes i know he es-somad)the needless)
i meant we need to worship him not he needs worship
astaghfirullaah

Steve940

Sorry if that came out a bit rude. I have a tendency to be very straight forward when posting. Alhamdulilah it was just a typo/error.

A

abdul ghaleeb

no its all good, thats a major mistake on my part
if allaah(swt) distroyed all the universe and all his angels and jinn and men He would still be needless of worship all by himself
again no harm taken thats a major sin on my part
astaghfirullaah
one of our main beliefs is he is needless
i just worded it wrong
astaghfiirullaah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

A slave serves Allah out of Love, Fear and Necessity. A slave acknowledges the total dependency on Allah subhana talla. A slave choose to be a slave of Allah.

A

abdul ghaleeb

Salaam,

A slave serves Allah out of Love, Fear and Necessity. A slave acknowledges the total dependency on Allah subhana talla. A slave choose to be a slave of Allah.

yes perfectly said

have you ever run into kaafrir and they mock you and derogate "your slavery to alllaah(swt)? they complain islam is only slavery and a horribel life? they say slavery like its a bad thing when i think its the most beautiful thing in the world when one is slave to God, like a precious treasure without price, yet they say slaveryi as an ugly thing?
i guess only a slave in bondage can see its beauty not a free man