Are you going to bring me tea or must I tell you to??

I.Iman

Assalam wa aleikum wa ramatullah wa barakatho!
Ironic, bad comments like this a sister is feed up with. Her husband constantly gives her theese kind of comments. It does not matter how much she does for him, he is never satisfied. She is wondering if she should leave him so they could both strive for Jannah with someone else (after many discussions about this with him, and he just don't think he does anything wrong), he is making it to difficult for her and this hurts her alot. She is like a servant to him.

Jazakallah kheir for any advices!

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Many ppl who get divorced do it the wrong way....

IF divorce is the solution then i advice the brother and sister in question to read this book:

The Legislated Divorce, By Shaykh Badee' Ad-Deen As-Sindhee
http://www.darussalam.com/p836/The-Legislated-Divorce/product_info.html

Shaykh Badee' Ad-Deen As-Sindhee was the teacher of Imaam Muqbil Ibn Haadee Al-Waadi'ee, amongst other scholars...

after marriage, many ppl forget what qualities they had when they first got married. I.e, they lose those 'old qualities' which made their spouse fall in love with them...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
another propblem with marriages failing is that one of the two spouses always brings up their partners past mistakes.... this is troublesome to the one who always hears their spouse bringing up their past imstakes...

but it must b known that there must b a reason for this.... the husband (for example) wouldn't bring up his wife's past mistakes for no reason, if he does, it just means he was deeply in love with her and that act which she done really upset him (or vice versa)...

many ppl dont realise that if ur spouse doesnt love u, it isnt bcz THEY are in fault, nay it may b bcz u urself have lost ur loving characteristics....

for example if ur spouse doesnt like u any more, stop rebuking them and start looking at urself, ask urself, ''why dsnt he/she like me anymore? have i changed? maybe im not as kind as i used 2 b? maybe i've stopped telling him/her how i much i love him/her..." etc...

we need 2 always lok at ourself first and foremost...

when pro

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Oh now come on sister...what is up with this..she can not get her husband a cup of tea...poor child.

Sister,

I will probably get banned for this but he needs to get him a good second wife.

A cup of tea....does she not understand the road she is wishing to travel. I guess I have to ask this question...does she love him.. you know...when you love something you act it...we love Allah subhana wa taala so we make salat...we love our parents and are obidient to them..

Poor thing...to have the blessing of a husband, to be able to put the perfect amount of water in a kettle, heat up the cream, pour it in the creamer, polish the sugar bowl, spoons on saucers, simple linen napkins, perfect amount of tea, let it brew, throw in a cardomon, pour tea into pot, place on tray and walk to your husband looking as he wishes to see you....and talk to you....to be in his company....

he needs to get a good second wife..a pious believing sister..who knows that to serve your husband is service to Allah.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Maybe here is also other way to see kind of situation: she needs husband who remember treat his wife kindly and not give only rude orders (as I understood that first post right - that making tea wasn´t only situation when hers husband just gives her orders by more or less rude way).

Mutual respect is best what can happen in marriage - as by my own opinion.

Sakeena

Assalaam walaikum,

Oh now come on sister...what is up with this..she can not get her husband a cup of tea...poor child.

Sister,

I will probably get banned for this but he needs to get him a good second wife.

A cup of tea....does she not understand the road she is wishing to travel. I guess I have to ask this question...does she love him.. you know...when you love something you act it...we love Allah subhana wa taala so we make salat...we love our parents and are obidient to them..

Poor thing...to have the blessing of a husband, to be able to put the perfect amount of water in a kettle, heat up the cream, pour it in the creamer, polish the sugar bowl, spoons on saucers, simple linen napkins, perfect amount of tea, let it brew, throw in a cardomon, pour tea into pot, place on tray and walk to your husband looking as he wishes to see you....and talk to you....to be in his company....

he needs to get a good second wife..a pious believing sister..who knows that to serve your husband is service to Allah.

Asalam alaikum Sis Aapa. This made me giggle lol...it's not hard at all. It's a cup o' tea. What's the problem????? If he likes a cup of tea when he returns home from work, then Wallah, have it ready for him when he returns home or offer him some before he asks. Do more for him. This makes no sense. Divorce? Seriously? :girl3: Smh.

salahdin

How difficult is it to get a cup of tea for my self ,why act selfness ?

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said:

"The best among you is the one who is the best towards his wife"

'Abdullah b. 'Amr reported Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) as saying: He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The marriage which produces most blessing is that which involves least burden

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I just had difficulty with the fact that she did too much for him. Hello? Love involves work. And yes, it is a two way street. Act with love and you receive love. Show him love and respect and trust me a man will not say a word. The love in his eyes will say it all.

Turn it around. And respect that which is given to us by Allah subhana wa taala.

There is something much deeper going on here..and if you want to discuss it lets take it to the sisters section.

I.Iman

Jazakallah kheir brothers and sisters. Acctually, Sister Harb you are right. And Aapa, no the problem is not if she poors him a cup of tea or not. She takes care of her husband , she just want him to take care of her to - and not by mean words. Maybe you think it is totally ok if a husband talks to his sc precious wife like that, like a servant. Well I don't. I think it is a total lack of respect for a person and you don't talk like that to anyone. If a women would settled for anything, what are we then?
(this women is very pious and righteous, so be aware before make such assumptions).

Jazakallah kheir, may Allah reward you with his blessings

Sakeena

poor sister :(

Jazakallah kheir brothers and sisters. Acctually, Sister Harb you are right. And Aapa, no the problem is not if she poors him a cup of tea or not. She takes care of her husband , she just want him to take care of her to - and not by mean words. Maybe you think it is totally ok if a husband talks to his sc precious wife like that, like a servant. Well I don't. I think it is a total lack of respect for a person and you don't talk like that to anyone. If a women would settled for anything, what are we then?
(this women is very pious and righteous, so be aware before make such assumptions).

Jazakallah kheir, may Allah reward you with his blessings

Is there more to this than just asking for tea? That is my first impression. If you don't provide enuf information, then it will look like the wife doesn't want to care for him. But I agree with you. I am sorry for what I wrote, for I know all to well what it is like to be treated like that. You try your best to clean, etc and you give your best effort, but you cannot please this person no matter what you do (be it your husband, father, boss, etc). In my case, it's my father. He's impossible to please it seems. He expects WAY too much and makes a big deal over the smallest mistake or small detail I miss...I will never marry a man like that!! Smh. :girl3:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

You know my students and I were discussing, and as usual we had digressed from the topic, slavery as practiced as a business by kidnapping citizens from their homes and including those of Believing lands, and slavery in the times of the Prophet, swas. It was raised that the Prophet, swas, had slaves. And he, swas, freed many.

One of the blessings responded: Who would not want to be the slave of the Prophet of Allah. And they all smiled.

OK...We have to look at marriage as the backbone to practicing Islam. From family it grows. That bond is critical. If the sister feels that there are problems than it is necessary that she follow the guidelines of Islam. She must speak to members of the family.

Mother in laws provide so much intimate information about their sons. They know his upside and they know his downside. Ask the sister to speak to her mother in law. They can also make you laugh as they will show you some of the silliness of his behavior and the cure for it.

And please tell the sister she must make dua. This is a blessing for her. Tell her to seek knowledge. But, always remember that marriage is a precious gift, treat it gently.

Sometimes we forget about ourselves in our pain. We have to have mercy for ourselves. Count her blessings. Think of the honor alone in asking for her mother in laws advise.

Love is more precious than gold. So we have to treat it with so much more respect.

miriam1

Answer:"Alhamdulillah for reminding Me, Jazakalahu Khair"

Assalam wa aleikum wa ramatullah wa barakatho!
Ironic, bad comments like this a sister is feed up with. Her husband constantly gives her theese kind of comments. It does not matter how much she does for him, he is never satisfied. She is wondering if she should leave him so they could both strive for Jannah with someone else (after many discussions about this with him, and he just don't think he does anything wrong), he is making it to difficult for her and this hurts her alot. She is like a servant to him.

Jazakallah kheir for any advices!

wa Alikum Asalaam wa Rahmatuallh wa Barakatuh

Dear Sister in Deen, Muslims private life should remain in home, not on public forum for all to see, all are strangers here. Please Guard Your private life, this is between you, your husband, not one person here has the right to ciritcize, make comments pro or con, (meaning good or not good). Allhu Alam.
Insha'allah read Qur'an, Hadith, make Dua'a for Your marriage, turn to Allah(SWT) HE is best disposer of affairs. Take Sabr for sake of Allah (subhan wa ta'ala).

a_stranger

I think it is a very good solution to this problem Is that , we as muslems when we do anything let us remember that we do it for Allah subhanahu wa taaala not for husband or kids or anyone else , we seek his pleasure and Janna . Let us remember our life is very short . But This sister should try to give herself some balance don't put all your efforts in cleaning , and cooking ........try to make some time for the tea ......I know it is not easy ...work in the house with kids never end ....but she should try to have some rest and give her husband some time even if something else was not done perfectly.

And please men stop acting like kings in your houses, try to follow the steps of your prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam:

"The Prophet of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) used to repair his shoes, mend his clothes and occupied himself at home even as any of you occupy yourself." 'As Aisha radia Allah anha relates,

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Asalam alaikum Sis Aapa. This made me giggle lol...it's not hard at all. It's a cup o' tea. What's the problem????? If he likes a cup of tea when he returns home from work, then Wallah, have it ready for him when he returns home or offer him some before he asks. Do more for him. This makes no sense. Divorce? Seriously? :girl3: Smh.

The problem is, it sounds like he is belitting her over a cup of tea.
I bring my husband tea because I want to, not because he tells me to. And if he did tell me, " Will you bring me tea or must I tell you to?" I would honestly walk right out of the room.

But I dont think this is a reason for divorce. Maybe some counseling between the two of them.

Sakeena

The problem is, it sounds like he is belitting her over a cup of tea.
I bring my husband tea because I want to, not because he tells me to. And if he did tell me, " Will you bring me tea or must I tell you to?" I would honestly walk right out of the room.

But I dont think this is a reason for divorce. Maybe some counseling between the two of them.

I understand now. That's what I began to figure as I re-read the thread and other replies. Thats's not kind what the husband is doing but why throw away the marriage?

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I do not have any advice of my own. But, here is something from a small but useful booklet of "Useful ways Of Leading A Happy Life" by Shaykh Abdurrahman Bin Nasir Al-Si'idy (Translated by Bashir Aliyu Umar)

There are two important lessons to learn from the saying of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be on him:

"A believing man (husband) should not hate a believing woman (wife): if he dislikes one character in her; he will like another one." [Muslim]

The first is: it gives guidance in the way to deal with wives, relations, friends, colleagues and anyone with whom you have a relationship or association. It teaches that you have to prepare yourself to accept the fact that any person with whom you have one sort of relationship or another will definitely have imperferctions, bad qualities or some character that you would not like. So if you find that in him, think of what is incumbent upon you, or proper for you to do regarding maintaining the ties of relationship, and preserving the bond of love and affection between you. Bring to mind his good qualities, and the importance the religion attaches to maintaining good social relations. By overlooking bad qualities, and bringing to mind the good ones, bonds of relationship and good companionship are maintained, and this is another source of harmony.

The second lesson is that it teaches us how to ward off grief and worry, and bring about an honest and sincere relationship in which each party fulfils his obligations and dues to the other, and harmony is maintained between them. The one who does not work with this teaching of the Prophet, peach and blessing of Allah be on him, and does the opposite, whereby he busies himself with noticing the bad qualities and ignoring the good ones, there is no doubt that he will be overtaken by worries and anxieties, and there is no doubt also that the bond of love that is between him and those he loves will be cut, and many of the rights and obligations of both parties will be flouted.

Many people with high aspirations and inner energy are able to prepare themselves to deal with heavy calamities and adversities with patience and tranquility, but when they are faced with small and trivial issues, they become worried and anxious, and their hearts lose their clarity of thought and become turbid. The reason behind this is that they were able to prepare themselves to deal with major situations, and they ignored the minor ones, as a result of which the things they regarded as insignificant took them off guard and unsettled their peace. The real strong person prepares himself to deal with both great and insignificant issues, and asks the help of Allah in that, and that Allah does not leave him to himself even for the blink of an eye. When he does that, the small issues become easy for him to handle just as the big ones, and he maintains his composure, happiness and tranquility.

I hope that helps. By the way, that booklet is very useful, so I recommend it for everybody and here is a lecture by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh based on that booklet:

[yt]ZgQbBnjpoGU[/yt]

Baarakallahu feekum.

esperanza

revert of many years
salam

i have read all the posts and ihave to agree. a cup of tea,,is a big thing to think of divorce over...
sister you will face grreater challenges than this
yes the husband should be respectful
but in life nothing or noone is perfect

and you have given us only that information

maybe your husband works long hours and comes home just longing for a cup of tea

we need to know more of the situation

we could talk of this more in sisters section

just to add..my husbad once broke my phone as idid not wash the dishes,,,,

and thats over 10 years ago
and ihave faced far greater challenges since thenm

but sometimes we women have to be patient strong and say hamdullilah for chidlren or a home....

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

From the post i have the feeling we are encouraged to advice her to ask for divorce
he is making it to difficult for her and this hurts her alot. She is like a servant to him.

..noone can do this as noone of us knows the real situation, we dont even know if she loves him and this matters very much, Allah knows.

I must ask why she does not teach him, gave him knowledge about each spouse right ? We always expect someone alse to help us, but sometimes it is time we handle the situation. She has to choose if she will remain victim or if she will step forward and share to her housband the islamic advices in marriage, alhamdullilah we are provided with all answers, you say dear sister that she is pious and rightous, inchallah she can change her housband if she wants this marriage to work for better.
I wish the sister all the best and improvment in marriage, inchallah

Allah knows better.

helpinghumanity

assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

We go to universities/colleges or other academic institutions to perfect our profession. But sadly we don't get the training to be a better husband, a better wife, a better daughter or a better son etc.

The role of women is very important in establishing/building a house. She can make/destroy the house and all other relations that are associated with that house.

With all due respect, your husband needs your attention and your cooperation. Try to be a better wife (and I am not saying you are not). Don’t give him a chance to speak about the same thing again and again.

If you see, that he needs coffee/tea at a certain time then make him one before he ask you. The quality of a good wife is that she understands the needs of her husband and tries her best to fulfill them.

Ershad

assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

We go to universities/colleges or other academic institutions to perfect our profession. But sadly we don't get the training to be a better husband, a better wife, a better daughter or a better son etc.

The role of women is very important in establishing/building a house. She can make/destroy the house and all other relations that are associated with that house.

With all due respect, your husband needs your attention and your cooperation. Try to be a better wife (and I am not saying you are not). Don’t give him a chance to speak about the same thing again and again.

If you see, that he needs coffee/tea at a certain time then make him one before he ask you. The quality of a good wife is that she understands the needs of her husband and tries her best to fulfill them.

Walaikkum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

The training comes from Sunnah and teaching based upon Sunnah. I think that is what they advice in the Khutbah, lectures etc. I sympathize this woman, who is being treated like this. Any man who fears Allah wouldn't do this, Allahu A'lam. I would advice the OP to meet an imam or group of imams and address your issues. There are no specialists in this forum who could give their best opinion. Our manner, both men and women, becomes better when gain more knowledge about the deen and act upon it. If you want a good lecture about this, here it is:

[yt]gLswCdFLpys[/yt]

It is very beneficial and It is about women, yeah but I think it addresses men more than women.