Are You Not Satisfied?

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Are You Not Satisfied?​

By Ahmed Hussein El Azhary
Islamic Researcher—Egypt

After the conquest of Hunayn, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) distributed the war booty in a manner that was not comprehended by a few young men of the Ansar (Arabic for: Muslims of Madinah). Some of them were sharp-tongued and showed some resentment. They were deprived of Hunayn's war booty although they had been the ones who were involved in its hardships, the first to respond to the command of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), steadfast till the defeat turned into victory. After all of what they did, they saw those who escaped at the beginning of the battle fill their hands with the booty while they were given nothing.

According to the Imam Ibn Ishaq, the great Muslim scholar of Hadith and historian, when the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) had given Quraish and Arab tribes those gifts and allotted nothing to the Ansar, a group of the Ansar felt so uneasy about it that many ill-advised statements against the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) were spread among them to an extent that one of them said, "By Allah, the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) was ill-spoken of by his folks!" And those statements went on spreading till Sa`d ibn `Ubadah met the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).

Sa`d ibn `Ubadah said, "O Messenger of Allah, this group of the Ansar are furious at you about the distribution of the booty that you had won. You have allotted shares to your own kinsmen and forwarded lots of gifts to the Arab tribes. But this group has obtained nothing."

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked Sa`d, "Sa`d, what do you think of all that?"

Sa`d replied, "O Messenger of Allah. You know that I am but a member of this group."

"Call out on your people, and bring them forth to me in this shed," said the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

As soon as the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) faced them, he thanked Allah and praised Him, then said to them inquiring, "I have been told that you are angry with me. Didn't I come to you when you were astray and Allah guided you? You were poor and Allah gave you wealth. Weren't you foes and Allah made you love one another?"

"Yes, Allah and His Messenger are better and more gracious," they said.

Then he said, "What prevents you from replying to the Messenger of Allah, O tribe of Ansar?"

They said, "What should be the reply, O Messenger of Allah, while to the Lord and to his Messenger belong all benevolence and grace."

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) again said,

But by Allah, you might have answered and answered truly, for I would have testified to its truth myself: "You came to us belied and rejected, and we accepted you; helpless, and we helped you; a fugitive, and we took you in; poor and we comforted you."

You Ansar, do you feel anxious for the things of this world, wherewith I have sought to incline these people unto the Faith in which you are already established?

Are you not satisfied, O group of Ansar, that the people go with ewes and camels while you go along with the Messenger of Allah to your dwellings?

By Him in Whose Hand is my life, had there been no migration, I would have been one of the Ansar.

If the people would go through a valley and passage, and the Ansar go through another valley and passage, I would go through the valley and passage of the Ansar.

Allah, have mercy on the Ansar, their children, and their children's children.
The audience wept until tears rolled down their beards as they said, "Yes, we are satisfied, O Prophet of Allah, with our lot and share."

I also weep when I read the Prophet's words, "Are you not satisfied, O group of Ansar, that the people go with ewes and camels while you go along with the Messenger of Allah to your dwellings?"

I read his words and I listen to them with my heart and ask myself, "Am I satisfied to be with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)? Am I satisfied with following his Sunnah regardless of what worldly matters I may miss on? Am I satisfied with things he permitted and other things he prohibited I have no need of?" I ask myself these questions, and I want to say "Yes" from the bottom of my heart. Yes, I am satisfied.

Whenever you feel it is hard to give away on desires, imagine that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is saying to you especially, "Are you not satisfied that the people have their sins while you have the Messenger of Allah?"

Trust me, you and I still have the chance to meet the Prophet in Paradise. All we have to do is to submit to his commands. We have to acknowledge that we are in need of his guidance. We need the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) more than the need of the body to its soul, the eye to its light, and the soul to its life. He has guided to every good and warned against every evil. He is the light sent by Allah to take human beings from the slavery of desires and idols to the servitude of Almighty Allah. He is the mercy sent to all beings.

The Companions understood this reality to the point that they submitted to the Prophet's commands even though it may appear contradicting to what they see with their very eyes or know by their intellect. Rafi` ibn Khadeej, one of the Prophet's companions, once said, "The Prophet has forbade us to do something we used to think it is beneficial, but the obedience to Allah and His messenger is more beneficial to us." (Muslim)

Can we be like the Companions in the way they followed the Prophet's Sunnah? Yes, we definitely can.

Sometimes, all we lack is strong determination and resolution. I remember now the words of one of our pious predecessors, "Would the Companions of the Prophet think that they did not leave steadfast Muslims to carry on after them? By Allah, we will strive to crowd with them around the Prophet at the basin of Paradise on the Day of Judgment."

So, make a resolution to yourself at this moment that you will learn more about the Prophet, you will learn how to practice his Sunnah in every aspect of your life, and you will deliver this message to others.

This is our time, brothers and sisters, we cannot refill it. Once it is gone, it is gone forever. Be up to the task, pray to Almighty Allah, be sincere, and love your Prophet more than you love yourselves.

In sha' Allah, we all meet in Paradise around our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Jazaak Allahu Kharin.

This is the bread I needed today to digest. As I take my sons to Jumma my heart will be filled with Allhumdullia's and tears will wash my eyes anew to the blessings that I can not deny.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Salaam,

Jazaak Allahu Kharin.

This is the bread I needed today to digest. As I take my sons to Jumma my heart will be filled with Allhumdullia's and tears will wash my eyes anew to the blessings that I can not deny.
Waalaikom Asalam wa rahmatu Allah wabarakatuh

Waeyakom sister,

MashaAllah, May Allah accept your Jumuah, and accept you into his mercy...

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:

JazakAllahu khairan brother for sharing and may Allah reward the Shaikh for presenting it in such a wonderful way and may Allah increase him in ilm and taqwa, this is indeed one of the bases of faith to love the prophet (peace be upon him) and follow him in each and every aspect of our lives.

salahdin

MASHALLAH it brought tears to my eyes SUBHANALLAH why not post threads like this which will touch our hearts instead of un beneficial threads. jazakallah khairan brother. i like reading your posts shukran keep on the good work.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!

:ma::ma::ma: i'm satisfied. jazak Allahu khayra for sharing. may Allah subhana wata'ala bless u ameen......:)

:wasalam:

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
subhanallah!!
jazakallah for sharin
May Allah bless u n giv u jannatul ferdous
Ameen...
take care

:wasalam: