arrghh..plz read & respond!

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2:
People, listen up, I want an answer once and for all, this is really important for me and highly urgent. May Allah sw reward the one who clarifies this issue for me.
The question is, well, I need to know if my income is halal! I work in a superstore where I sell vacuum sealed pork and pig products. Is my income halal? I really need to know the answer as soon as possible. To date, I have made a fair bit of money from my job, if this matter does turn out to be haram, then what will I do with my money which I shead sweat for?
I have asked sooo many people but I keep getting conflicting answers, each party is using hadiths to defend their point of view, I am seriously confused so please help. I don't want to work one more minute in a place that is displeasing to my Maker. Please note I live in a non-Muslim country.

JazakumAllah Khairan,

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Brother,

We listen dude! :SMILY288:

The Standing Committee was asked: Is it permissible to deal in alcohol and pork if one is not selling them to a Muslim?

They replied: It is not permissible to deal in foods and other things that Allaah has forbidden, such as alcohol and pork, even if one is selling them to kaafirs, because it is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When Allaah forbids a thing, He also forbids its price.”

And because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed alcohol, the one who drinks it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who carries it, the one to whom it is carried, the one who consumes its price, the one who squeezes (the grapes, etc) and the one for whom it is squeezed.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 13/49.

With regard to the money that you took before you found out that it is haraam, there is no sin on you, in sha Allah. Allaah says in the verses in which He forbids riba (usury, interest) (interpretation of the meaning):

“So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Ribaa, shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allaah (to judge)”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

May Allah SWT help you in finding a new job.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Bro, does that mean working as a cleaner in a bank ,dealing with interest ,is wrong? i mean a cleaner does not deal with money but do get paid from the bank, is the wage received then haram...??

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Bro, does that mean working as a cleaner in a bank ,dealing with interest ,is wrong? i mean a cleaner does not deal with money but do get paid from the bank, is the wage received then haram...??

:wasalam::)

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It is not permissible to work in a riba-based institution even if a person is working as a driver or guard, because that means that he is working for the riba-based institution, which implies that he approves of it. For whoever disapproves of a thing would not work to support it, so if he is working for it that implies that he approves of it, and the one who approves of something that is haraam is also guilty of sin.

The Standing Committee was asked about a man who worked as a night guard for one of the banks, and he had nothing to do with the bank’s transactions – should he continue with this job or leave?

They replied:

It is not permissible for a Muslim to work as a guard for banks that deal with riba, because this is a kind of cooperating in sin and transgression, and Allaah has forbidden that as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but do not help one another in sin and transgression”

[al-Maa'idah 5:2]

The work that people do for commercial banks can be divided into two broad categories: work that directly relates to the bank’s interest transactions and work that does not.

Working in a bank as a teller or in any other capacity where one deals directly with bank's usurious transactions is unlawful. The person who engages in such work makes himself deserving of the curse mentioned by Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), since that person is considered one of those who records the interest transaction.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

“Allah curses the one who consumes interest, the one who pays it, the one who draws up the contract, and the witnesses to the contract, then he said they are same (in sinfulness) ” [Sahîh Muslim]

The money earned by a person working in a bank in such a capacity is unlawful money, since the money is earned through means that are inherently unlawful.

The case is different for a person who works for a bank in some other capacity, not directly involved in the bank’s interest transactions, like someone who works in personnel management. Even though such work does not entail direct involvement in interest, it still entails helping others in their unlawful activities, so the employee still incurs sin for the help that he is giving the bank.

Allah says:

“Help ye one another in righteousness and piety but help ye not one another in sin and rancor: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah: 2]

However, the money earned by the person is lawful money, since the job is essentially lawful in and of itself.

And Allah knows best.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
HUH? come again. Not permissible means its haram right? so the money based on the previous thread would also be haram true? Im confused.

Happy2baMuslim, So I should quite selling dirty pigs right? By the way, I have always suspected my money would be haram, just wasn't sure, does that now make my money halal or haram?

May Allah sw reward you all with the best

JazakAllah khair. Not permissible but money earned is Not Haram. :hearts:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Happy2baMuslim, So I should quite selling dirty pigs right? By the way, I have always suspected my money would be haram, just wasn't sure, does that now make my money halal or haram?

May Allah sw reward you all with the best

May Allah SWT also reward you.

Ruling on money earned from haraam sources​

Question:
Is it true that if a man who gathered his wealth from haraam sources such as selling wine and manufacturing it, or making and distributing drugs, repents to Allaah, then his wealth becomes halaal?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

If he knew at the time of earning haraam money that it was haraam, then it does not become permissible for him when he repents, rather he has to get rid of it by spending it on charitable causes.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth wa’l-Ifta’, 14/32.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Warning opinion coming up

I don't think this guy is commiting a sin. He does not have shares in the store or decide to sell the pork. There are loads of muslims in the UK who sell pork and alcohol, but they might not use the products themselves. Especially if they live in the UK where pork and alcohol is widely consumed.

This bro might have to feed a family, surely serving in a supermarket is preferable to begging on the streets?

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
See that's why I am so confused. Sister, you have made a very good point, but plz if you can back that up for me, I will owe you big time. Actually, I won't be begging if I quite nor will I starve, I am working to lead a confortable lifestyle. Does that make any difference? I know alcohol for SURE is haram, no doubt about it, but pork is different right? Well Im dealing with pork, not alcohol so...well...I dont know. I will inshala pray istighara and see what happens. Thanks all for the advice

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
I serve swine products as well and quiet frankly, I would not be confortable enough to use my money which I gained from selling pigs to go hajj, I think it's best to be safe rather than sorry. The group who says it's haram actually prove their point so I don't know just how long I will stay with my current employer, besides, Allah sw is the best of Providers.