Asalaamalykum

Smriti Prasad

Asalaamalykum

This is Smriti, I ve Reverted to Islam more than a year back.I have a query on the way salaat is practiced.Is it necessary that we have to follow the order of sunnat and farz prescribed in all the salaat of the day and night.Can we pray sunnat first and then pray farz?

Wasalaam.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asalaamalykum

This is Smriti, I ve Reverted to Islam more than a year back.I have a query on the way salaat is practiced.Is it necessary that we have to follow the order of sunnat and farz prescribed in all the salaat of the day and night.Can we pray sunnat first and then pray farz?

Wasalaam.

:salam2:

Welcome to the website,I always heard its the farz before the sunnat

:wasalam:

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Assalamu Alaykum

Welcome to the Family, we hope you enjoy your stay here at TTI.

Regards, brother Muhammad

Wasalam

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum,

Welcome to the website,and plz feel free to ask any questions, InshAllah all of them will be answered in the best possible way.

And here's the answer for ur question.

There are five obligatory prayers upon a Muslim

everyday and 3 Rakat Witr Salaat after Esha Salaat

(source: askimam.com)

I hope tht answers ur question.

Wasalaam.
which is Waajib (necessary). Above that there are 12

Sunnat-e-Muakkadah.

Fardh Rakaats: Fajr (2), Dhuhr (4), Asr (4), Maghrib

(3) and Esha (4)

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) says,

'Whosoever recites 12 Rakaat extra besides the

compulsory prayers, Allah will build a house for him

in Jannat. They are four before Dhukr and 2 after

Dhuhr, 2 after Maghrib, 2 after Esha and 2 before

Fajr. Besides these 12 Sunnat-e-Muakkadah, the rest

are Ghayr-e-Muakkadah, e.g. 4 Rakaats before Asr

and 4 before Esha. (Tahtaawi pg.212)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

We are all very happy for you, dear brother Smirti for being guided to the Light of the Truth. May Allah strengthen your faith, increase your knowledge and make you a guidance for other people to accept Islam. :blackhijab:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i used to be real confused about it before. when i first became muslim i didn't know about the sunnah prayers. i only knew about the fard prayers. i would be double confused at jummah because at jummah everyone is praying the sunnah as well. so i would get caught off guard not knowing what to do. i'm glad that today i know all about it, but it seems as if it is common mistake all new reverts make. so i don't feel bad about not having known these things in the beginning.

:wasalam:

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum sister
I am glad to hear that because not lot of ppl from india convert but MashaAllah u saw the right path.Glad u r from delhi i like it very much, the language is more mannerful specially the punjabi touch.
"Were you Hindu or Buddhist before you accepted Islam? Just curious "Smriti prasad is a Hindu name basically.
Sister I knw how Islam is practiced in india it has lot of bidda attached to it,so be sure u dont follow what other muslims around u do but infact follow what Islam asks us to there are lot of site where u can learn lots of basic abt Islam and there is a thread on tti abt several Islamic websites. here is one i use http://www.itsislam.net/default.asp