Sisters Asalaamu Alaikkum

_E_

Asalaamu Alaikkum,

My name is Ella am 36 from Scotland
Am a revert to Islam
But i have had a few problems with it
My mother is racist and she don't really understand why i am Muslim
She says that am only becoming Muslim for attention ( my mum classes me the same as my sister who has Munchhausen by proxy ) I did not become Muslim for attention far from that
I became Muslim because i love Allah ( SWT )
My mother is Catholic and believes that should be the only religion i should fallow
There was an incident where my mother took off my Hajab in front of male strangers
I was very angry with her for doing that

I have mental health problems including OCD and Schizophrenia , Self injure and an eating disorder
The OCD is really bad i get blasphemous thoughts and my voices dont help either, Its hard to pray when i have these thoughts and voices .
But I focus on Allah ( SWT )

E

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to TTI forum, dear sister. Ramadan Mubarak to you.

p.s. I was thinking that you are same sister _E_ like in other forum... so, I am the same sister herb than in there too... specialized here to tempt others with my sweets and cookie recipes. :p

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikom assalam sister ! Welcome home among your family in faith ^_^ and happy bless Ramadhan to you :)
Regarding your mom , first pray Allah that He guides her and secondly , treat her kindly , even if she is not Muslim , that's her right :) From a time to time , ask her some questions about Catholic faith and show her some doubts about it , I hope by this way she starts thinking to search about the true path .
Regarding the OCD you have , did you visit the doctor ? If not then I advise you the start with the behavioral therapy , ignore all the thoughts you have , it may be difficult at the begining but with time you'll notice the difference ! That all the thoughts you had were nothing :) Try your best and I'm here supporting you ^_^

May Allah bless you ! :)

_E_

I see my Psychiatrist today ( Thursday ) at 9.15am
And i see my dr on Friday at 4pm

My mother a very difficult to change her mind , its her way or the high way
She told me that i look fat in my hajib ( i am obese but i also have an eating disorder and that gets me upset every time she says it )
But i am determined that am not going to take my hajib off for anyone
I know that i have to be kind to my mother as people as she has been treated in the past badly
She has done a lot for my sister looking after her kids because my sister was too ill with the Munchhausen by proxy
My mum is 64 and she looking after my sisters younger daughters who are 10 and 11
If it wasnt for my mother no one would look after them because me and my husband cant because we both have mental health problems and there is no way we can look after my nieces
My sister have 5 kids all been taken from her because of her illness
I respect my mother i just wish she respect me some times

E

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
So you already had appointments with the doctors . I wish you get better soon , believe me it all depends on your will , and you should have a strong will to ignore : )
Your mom said that to make you take your hejab off , don't pay attention for such words ( what goes in through an ear , goes out through the other one : P ) .
But you know , you have a great mother , look at what she is doing for your neices . That's enough to make you feel of the good inside her . her reaction toward your conversion to Islam doesn't mean that she doesn't respect you , you know she has to take care of 5 grandchildren which makes her under stress , as well as it's kind of " shock " to see her daughter a Muslim . So , don't worry sister , with time everything will change and your mom will accept your choice .
I will pray for you <3

_E_

Thank you sister
i have wrote down some things that i want to talk to my psych about and i will take it with me
Hopefully i can get something like CBT or DBT
My husband is coming with me and can explain things to my psych