Ask an atheist anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

freedom fighter i think u r a sister :>

no thats hair not beard.
only animal i can think that has anything closely resembling a beard is aLION :0

muharram23

Staff member
DNA wise it is impossible for a bear to evolve from a whale.
Allah shukar the snake is not my sister

if humans evolved from monkeys why dont monkeys have beard?
hv u ever seen a monkey with a beard?

Salamu alaykum

or like, why are there still monkeys if they evolved into humans?

Wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

In the Name of Allah,The most Mefcyfull,The Most Compassionate

I also few questions,Inshallah

Who created humans??? Who created humans so prefectly??? Who created soul of human??? Is it soul material thing,so it can be created of atoms??? Do you belive that soul exist??? If yes,than my question is who create her??

May Allah guide you.Ameen summa Ameen:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

MrsHippogriff

Salamu alaykum

or like, why are there still monkeys if they evolved into humans?

Wassalam

lmfao.. While I was still at school (2 years ago) My friend came up with a similar "Why don't we have half man-monkeys jumping out the forest today?" OR "Why aren't there any 'half' evolved human monkeys today?"

Yes.. silly but hilarious class room jokes at the time..

muharram23

Staff member
"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." -- Francis Bacon

"I can conceive how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God." -- Abraham Lincoln

Islamic Answer

Do they not look at the sky above them?― How We have made it and adorned, it and there are no flaws in it? (Holy Quran:50:6)

Salamu alaykum

nice mashallah. Wassalam

Theatheist

DNA wise it is impossible for a bear to evolve from a whale.
Allah shukar the snake is not my sister

if humans evolved from monkeys why dont monkeys have beard?
hv u ever seen a monkey with a beard?

Because that's not how it works. It's gradual changes over long periods of time.

Theatheist

there is no RELIGION more VIOLENT then ATHEISM!

40,000,000[1] 72,000,000[2] World War II Worldwide 1939 1945 World War II casualties and Sino-Japanese War[3]
33,000,000[4] 36,000,000[5] An Shi Rebellion China 756 763 Medieval warfare
30,000,000[6] 60,000,000[7] Mongol Conquests Asia, Europe, Middle East 1207 1472 Mongol invasions and Tatar invasions
25,000,000[8] 25,000,000 Manchu conquest of the Ming Dynasty China 1616 1662 Qing Dynasty
20,000,000[9] 30,000,000+[10] Taiping Rebellion China 1851 1864 Dungan revolt
15,000,000 25,000,000 World War I (High estimate includes Spanish flu deaths)[11] Worldwide 1914 1918 World War I casualties

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18928849/The-End-of-AtheismWhy-atheism-is-no-longer-scientific

if u go ther leave a comment so i know u came and saw.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19069884/Towards-ISLAM-D

Right. This will be easy.

Let's start off with Nazi Germany. Hitler was a devout Christian, who also admired Mohammed, Conficus and various other eastern ideologies.

http://ww w.infidels .org/library/ modern/john_murphy/reli gionofhitler.html

The various other Chinese wars you mentioned were in a pluralistic country which believed in Buddhism, the teachings of Confucius, Taoism and ancestor worship.

The (highly inflated due to Spanish Flu) figures from the first world war show casualties from a political conflict caused by the murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in a conflict that was fought in Muslim and Christian countries.

Theatheist

:salam2:

Usually I won't involve myself in discussions like these ones because it's like two rocks pushing up against each other. Neither is going to budge. However I've done a lot of thinking on this very topic in my spare time and think that I have some input that could be beneficial. I have a tendency to drag on and on instead of getting to the point, but I'll try to keep it brief.

Most debates of people of religion against atheists usually revolve around theories. For example, Creation Theory vs Big Bang Theory. You will have some who will say that God created us and others who will say we evolved. When people debate on this, you hardly ever see anyone change their mind about their viewpoint. I don't want to debate on this point because it's been done many times before and is frankly a waste of time.

When all is said and done it is ultimately the choice of any given individual to believe in God or not. I hope to break this choice down in a way that helps people to see in a basic form what they MUST believe.

---------------------

I'm going to speak from the perspective of an atheist to help me get to my point

Imagine for a second that we are viewing the history of the universe on a time line. As you work your way backwards into history on that time line, you can see past events such as wars, scientific discoveries, as well as every other thing that has happened in this world. Now imagine you keep going back in time further and further. Eventually you will reach the creation of the Earth. Whatever theory that you believe in doesn't matter. This "imaginary" time line is in fact real, the only problem is we don't know exactly what is in it. We know that the Earth had to be created somehow for it to be here. The only question we have is 'how?

Keep going backwards in time. If you were to ask people what happened before the Earth was created, most would say they don't know. Only very learned scientists would give an answer. Okay, let's say we know what happened before the Earth was made. What happened before that? And before that?

Keep asking this question over and over, assuming that we had the answers, and eventually you are going to reach a point in time where you are going to get a very strange answer, unlike any of the answers you will have received before this one.

....What happened before that? I have thought it over and have come to the conclusion that only 1 of 3 things can be the ultimate answer.

1. Everything in existence has never been created. Essentially, all of matter has no beginning. From a scientific point of view, this is insane.

2. Everything in existence created itself. We as humans consider ourselves to be the most advanced species on this Earth. However, we cannot create anything from nothing. We can manipulate the things around us, but to actually create anything is beyond our power.

3. Everything in existence was created from something else. However, that "something else" would fall into one of these three categories. If it falls into category 1 or 2, then it ends there and you have a conclusion. However if it falls into category 3 then you have a dilemma. If you have the universe being created by other creators, and those creators themselves being created by other creators, then eventually you must decide that these is an Ultimate Creator that was not created (God), because in order to be created there must be something before you. If everything that was in existence needed a creator, then there would be no life. This is because there can be no creator to initiate this "chain" of creators making creations, because all of creation would need a creator to start it all.

(I'm sorry if my explanation of point 3 is poor. It can be a hard concept to grasp and even harder for me to put into words, but logically it makes sense.)

---------------------

There is no other conclusion that you can come to to explain existence. If you read and understand conclusion 3, you will understand that it is not an acceptable answer to existence. And so you are left with choices 1 and 2. Either of these answers are mind boggling. It makes me wonder why some scientists scoff at the idea of God, and that the idea of God is laughable and insane, when what they MUST believe in is equally insane.

Conclusion 2 is, in my opinion, the weaker conclusion. How can the universe create itself from nothing, when we as humans could never even dream of achieving something much less great? The universe has no brain, no way of living or interacting. It is inanimate. To believe that it created itself is incomprehensible.

That brings us to conclusion 1. What we know as existence has no beginning. This conclusion in itself brings you to two sub conclusions. It is my belief that any rational person must believe in one of two ideas.

A. The Universe and everything in it has no beginning. All of matter has always existed in some form. It has changed in appearance over time, such as the formation of stars and planets, but the composition and substance has existed throughout eternity.

B. There is a Creator who has no beginning. This Creator has made the universe and everything in it as well as anything else It has willed to make. This is who we Muslims call Allah. He is our Lord, the one with perfect judgment and wisdom, who has power over all things. He is the one who sees and hears and knows everything. This is who we submit ourselves to in the religion that He has revealed to us through his prophets and messengers. We seek his forgiveness and hope to be of those to whom He shows His mercy.

I am sorry if any part of this was unclear. If anything needs clarification please let me know.

:salam2:

I know it's a re-hashed argument, but if this is the case, what/who/how created God? You just said that something cannot come from nothing. How do you explain the existence of God then?

Furthermore, why should this God who can create, do, make, be, know anything care about you? Why should he care about your sex life? Why should he care about what food you eat? Why should he care if you drink a glass of scotch?

Theatheist

Open your Eyes Brother.

Iron in the Earth, Mentioned in the Qur'an 1400 years AGO.

[yt]CeLNY0wA0Co[/yt]

Origin of Water and Qur'an, Mentioned in the Qur'an 1400 years AGO.

[yt]Q4ifXdTYn5o[/yt]

Dr. Zakir Naik - Theory of Evolution - An Islamic Viewpoint

[yt]y-_BDLNfcOc[/yt]

Dr. Zakir explains Alaqah & refutes embryological errors

[yt]V61JNF49QUU[/yt]

ANSWER THIS, AND PROOVE ME WRONG, AND YOU WON. MR. ATHEIST

Right. I'll just post some links to what other people have said rather than write you a long winded retort. You tend to moan if you don't get a reply in 10 seconds, despite me telling you beforehand that I was away from the computer.

Most of the stuff has been refuted and refuted again, but I've not seen the Zakir Naik video yet, so I'll watch that later and then refute it.

Right, embryology.

ht tp:// skepticwiki. org/index.php/Islam's_Embryology_Claim

Iron.

http://www.youtub e.c om/wa tch?v=xKy12 2yIKik&feature=channel_page

Theatheist

ok then, count till 10, backwards, I KNOW YOU ARE SO INTELLIGENT ENGOUGH TO DO SO.

Lets count........

10...9...8..7...6...5...4..3...2...1....0, TELL ME WHATS AFTER 1, NOTHING, RIGHT! THE SAME WAY NO ONE CREATED GOD,

That doesn't prove that God didn't need creation. That proves that 1 - 1 = 0. Incidentally, if we continue to count backwards, we will reach -1, -2, -3...

A rather infinite regression of numbers.

Theatheist

ok then, count till 10, backwards, I KNOW YOU ARE SO INTELLIGENT ENGOUGH TO DO SO.

Lets count........

10...9...8..7...6...5...4..3...2...1....0, TELL ME WHATS AFTER 1, NOTHING, RIGHT! THE SAME WAY NO ONE CREATED GOD,

One more thing, you have been posting huge walls of texts with no specific question, or just posting videos which don't actually ask me anything.

Can you please refrain from doing so. I don't mind answering questions. I do resent looking at a giant wall of text with no clear question which you're asking me to answer, however.

I don't mind answering your questions, by the way. I'd just appreciate it if you were kind enough to actually ask me a question, rather than copying and pasting something.

Status
Not open for further replies.