assalam waleikum from portugal

ChebbaTan

Assalam Waleikum,

I’m a young woman from Portugal who seriously began researching on Islam about 3 months ago in order to satisfy an old curiosity due to friendship with 2 Muslim classmates some years ago and a new interest raised by my personal experience with good examples of Muslims abroad last year in Belgium.

I was raised in the Jehovah’s Witnesses doctrines and I become one of them when I was a teenager because I was persuaded their organization was “the Truth” as they call themselves, and I accepted their religious orientation from the so-called Governing Body supposed to serve as an intermediary between God and humans. I will not explain all of their doctrines here, but you can always search for an already existent one here on TTI about JW which I found very complete and it was written by a Muslim – what is important because they go door-to-door preaching to people about their religion and they only try to convince you about it while they refuse to learn about your religion – especially if you don’t use the Bible! – they even have some booklets trying to use the Quran against Muslims.

I will not complain here in details all the disappointment and how uncomfortable I’ve always felt in their organization, nor will I expose here every single doctrine that they changed or create to support other lies. Instead of complaining about the past, I must recognize the good moral values I was raised in and which became part of my personality as a sincere follower of this lame organization. However, my personal experience, though and solitary, made me lose the fear of thinking by myself and I began to analyse the basis of my beliefs and some of the most important didn’t make sense anymore according to the Bible. After realising this I felt huge indignation and disappointment which resulted in a path of mental confusion and lack of inner peace: I didn’t know what else to believe, I began to question and to doubt even the good beliefs. Even worse, I tried to convince myself that some of my values were not important or good, such as those related to swearwords and occult. I began to use swearwords with some friends and that is being something quite hard to quit, but I will completely give it up one day inshaAllah. Also, I began to involve in astrology and paranormal issues just until I found the purity of the best path for Mankind – Islam. However, after being exposed to several temptations when I lived abroad alone, I later realised that I only resisted to sin because my values are a part of me, I can’t get rid of them even if I wanted, and the best I’ve done was accept and be proud of them – and especially after finding Islam I’ve been very grateful to God for preserving me from worse sins and from a dangerous path apart from Him.

Despite some Muslims are not good examples, the most part really tries to follow their religion unlike western societies which degradation is so big that I find it hard to cope with the disgusting behaviour of people around me – it really upsets me! That is why I feel so great among Muslims and the image I’ve of Muslim countries is not the image of repression and conflict, on the contrary, it is an image of happiness, serenity and refuge from the perverted ways of hypocrite so-called Christians societies to which values are something old-fashioned. I never felt so integrated in my entire life as I did abroad, Muslims treated me as if I was one of them – even after they discovered I was from a different religion and race – I felt protected and I observed and learned a lot from their humble and strong attitude. I wish one day I’ll have the strength and inner peace I observed on Muslim women – I really admire them. Until then, I will learn as much as possible in order to build a strong faith so that I can face shunning and decide taking my shahada – I learned from previous experience that it is crucial to analyse a religion and thoroughly understand its sense before you accept it and not simply just accept the conclusions others made, you must make your own conclusions and not allow others to force them.

As I’m learning about the Islam, it has been amazing to find a faith that recognizes the roots of Judaism and Christian faith – not the today ones who are no longer according to the initial messages from God – and now I’m feeling a great joy to be able to correct some beliefs (eg: the role of Jesus, the nature of sin, the idea of Hell, the right of humans to go to Heaven, etc.), while keeping other beliefs (eg: the refusal of Trinity, the refusal of images to worship, etc.). It has been wonderful and enriching to understand the Islamic perspectives on subjects such as: human life, marriage and charity deeds.
Furthermore, I’ve been learning about the glorious Islamic past of Al-Andaluz (my country corresponds to the Al-Gharb Al-Andaluz), and the inheritance to Iberian cultures is bigger than what I’ve imagined because Catholics always tried to denigrate the image of the Moors and to hide the facts about their great civilization! I’m here on TTI to learn more and more, and soon I’ll post new threads in order to meet your opinions and a clearer point of view on some subjects alhamdullilah.

I’m very happy for being here on TTI and I hope we’ll all learn with each other,

Salaams,

ChebbaTan

hi,

Yes, I still have some questions to clear before my conversion :)
I have a list of subjects I will post gradually here on TTI
Altough it has been really great what I've learnt so far, the bad experience with my present religion - which I accepted without a strong faith on its base doctrines - makes me feel the need to be careful and be very patient in order to take time to built a strong faith and undestanding of Islam before converting.

mhamzah

:salam2:

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit from this site. Just ask any question you have and brothers and sisters will try to answer best to their abilities.

:wasalam:

ChebbaTan

I post now this that was my first presentation thread from some weeks ago:

"Assalam Waleikum once again,

I'm a 21 years-old Portuguese girl and I am very glad for having discovered this community. I've always had a big curiosity about Islam and and always admired the values of muslims, but unfortunately I had few information and I didn't met pious muslims when I was younger. However, when I was a teen, I became member of a so-called Cristhian organization that works like a sect because I believed it was the Truth, and that I would become a better person on a worldwide brotherwood. I was so naïve back then, and I tried to be as pious as I can, because I grew up with values and I took my vows seriously. However, their doctrines changed and I discovered they've always changed according to the will of some men, not according to the Bible. I saw lack of love there, fake smiles, fake brotherwood, privileges for the important families, and I was always avoided by the young people there because they said I was "the saint", altough I'm a normal person and I was surrounded by holier-than-thou hypocrates, that pretended in front of people to be pious but they were not. I became a bitter, confused person...

Once I hadn't friends in this sect, I began to have friends from different religions at school and I was criticized for that, later I went to college, and I was criticised for that decision, too. Altough it is forbidden, I began to search about this sect, and I confirmed my suspects, they are not truly Christians... Due to this experience, I was angry towards every religion and I tried to give my values away and I became interested in the paranormal and new-age philosophies even doubting about God Himself.

However, during my most confused period, I went to another European city to work alone, and it was during my stay there that my personality was under a huge test. I had many temptations there, and I realised my values were part of me, I couldn't get rid of them, and I resisted tempations. In a city with more than 30% of muslims, I was for the first time meeting their community, and I felt they truly lived their faith and I felt at home amongst them altough I was not muslim, I was respected by them and the seed of my curiosity begin to grow up... They were hated by many non-muslims but I didn't understand why because they conveyed me peace and safety...

When I returned to my country, I still was confused, and I decided to get rid of the bitterness caused by sect, and secretely I become to learn about different faiths, and lately, I began to seriously study about Islam since some moths ago. I'm feeling a peace I never felt before once I know this is the purest monotheist faith I've ever met. I regret so much my attempt to lose my values, to involve with witchcraft things, to forget God... I feel ashamed of myself for those ideas I had and I pray to God for forgiveness.

I can see clearly now that Islam is the right path to mankind, and I'm so happy for increasing my knowledge about the Quran as I compare it to my previous beliefs, they didn't changed radically though and I find my religion so opressive when I compared it to Islam... I'm feeling mentally free and closer to God, however I still belong to my sect and they don't even imagine what's happening, they think I'm a sinner, as the most part of them are, and I can't leave it suddenly, otherwise I will severely suffer consequences and my relation with my mother will be damaged by them. I need to be patient...

I'm being as discrete as possible and I continue to learn more and more... I wish one day I get my independence to be free to learn even more and inshAllah to convert. Here, I hope to get some explainations to some questions I have...

If I hadn't found Islam, I would be lost right now, alhamdullilah I found the right path to submit myself to the only true God,

I'm sorry for this huge text,

My sincere and kind regards,

ChebbaTan "

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
Welcome to TTI... May u benefit from this site.. :) May God guide ur to the right path.. ameen
Enjoy ur stay :D

SURi

Assalam Waleikum,

Despite some Muslims are not good examples,

Alhamdulilah sister you have got it right. Islam is beautiful some muslims are not.

May Allah Subhanu wa Tallah show you the right path.

I enjoyed reading your long text. Please write some more.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum dear sister,

Thanks very much for sharing your beautiful experience with us. It really moved me ...subhanAllah...

In your Own words

"I can see clearly now that Islam is the right path to mankind"

If you believe that "Allah alone is worthy of every kind of worship and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his messenger, then you are already a Muslim dear sister.

None of us know that when are we going to die and Allah has told us in the Quran (which is perfect and final guidance for humanity) that "Do not die except as Muslim".

I would strongly suggest you to take Shahada and keep that secret until Allah's help come to you and you find yourself strong enough to declare your faith. May Allah help you and be with you every single moment in this great jouney of truth and guidance.

Wa Alaikum Salam.

fada_all

I post now this that was my first presentation thread from some weeks ago:

"Assalam Waleikum once again,

I'm a 21 years-old Portuguese girl and I am very glad for having discovered this community. I've always had a big curiosity about Islam and and always admired the values of muslims, but unfortunately I had few information and I didn't met pious muslims when I was younger. However, when I was a teen, I became member of a so-called Cristhian organization that works like a sect because I believed it was the Truth, and that I would become a better person on a worldwide brotherwood. I was so naïve back then, and I tried to be as pious as I can, because I grew up with values and I took my vows seriously. However, their doctrines changed and I discovered they've always changed according to the will of some men, not according to the Bible. I saw lack of love there, fake smiles, fake brotherwood, privileges for the important families, and I was always avoided by the young people there because they said I was "the saint", altough I'm a normal person and I was surrounded by holier-than-thou hypocrates, that pretended in front of people to be pious but they were not. I became a bitter, confused person...

Once I hadn't friends in this sect, I began to have friends from different religions at school and I was criticized for that, later I went to college, and I was criticised for that decision, too. Altough it is forbidden, I began to search about this sect, and I confirmed my suspects, they are not truly Christians... Due to this experience, I was angry towards every religion and I tried to give my values away and I became interested in the paranormal and new-age philosophies even doubting about God Himself.

However, during my most confused period, I went to another European city to work alone, and it was during my stay there that my personality was under a huge test. I had many temptations there, and I realised my values were part of me, I couldn't get rid of them, and I resisted tempations. In a city with more than 30% of muslims, I was for the first time meeting their community, and I felt they truly lived their faith and I felt at home amongst them altough I was not muslim, I was respected by them and the seed of my curiosity begin to grow up... They were hated by many non-muslims but I didn't understand why because they conveyed me peace and safety...

When I returned to my country, I still was confused, and I decided to get rid of the bitterness caused by sect, and secretely I become to learn about different faiths, and lately, I began to seriously study about Islam since some moths ago. I'm feeling a peace I never felt before once I know this is the purest monotheist faith I've ever met. I regret so much my attempt to lose my values, to involve with witchcraft things, to forget God... I feel ashamed of myself for those ideas I had and I pray to God for forgiveness.

I can see clearly now that Islam is the right path to mankind, and I'm so happy for increasing my knowledge about the Quran as I compare it to my previous beliefs, they didn't changed radically though and I find my religion so opressive when I compared it to Islam... I'm feeling mentally free and closer to God, however I still belong to my sect and they don't even imagine what's happening, they think I'm a sinner, as the most part of them are, and I can't leave it suddenly, otherwise I will severely suffer consequences and my relation with my mother will be damaged by them. I need to be patient...

I'm being as discrete as possible and I continue to learn more and more... I wish one day I get my independence to be free to learn even more and inshAllah to convert. Here, I hope to get some explainations to some questions I have...

If I hadn't found Islam, I would be lost right now, alhamdullilah I found the right path to submit myself to the only true God,

I'm sorry for this huge text,

My sincere and kind regards,

ChebbaTan "

salam dear ChebbaTan,

have a warm welcome to this community of tti ,hope you benefit so much with us , we are here one family all praise go to allah the almighty , so don't hesitate in asking any question sister we are all insha allah ready to answer all your questions so feel free to ask whats ever you find confusion or any kind of ambiguity ....keep in mind sister that ;allah swt guide only people are looking for guideness and striving fo truth...
may allah guid you to the right path
ur sis khadija

shichemlydia

congratulations,...

salam alikoum sister,
great thread, machae allah
mabrouk....you have found the path of the light, may allah swt keep you on it for ever, hope to see you questions soon, hope you will make good sister friends here on the TTI. ameen,
wa salam alikoum

abulzan07

:salam2:

Sister I can understand from your posts that you are very close to the truth and need a final push frm Allah swt .....I strongly urge you to think about decision of reverting back to islam as we all are born muslims but our parents and society change our religion......As you said you wanna knw things bout islam better and research more ......we all here are learning about islam everyday none of us can say we know everything bout islam and follow it the age of learning never finish........by sayin shahdaah its like you entered the family and than you research and learn as much as can till the last breadth and most imp thing if you belive in heart and have no problems in accepting that there is only one god and muhammad saw is messenger of god den do it as soon as possible because none of us know when our soul departs!!!

ChebbaTan

assalam waleikum,
I understand your point of view and I recognize we will never stop learning until the end of our lives, but I think I need to make some research and learn things properly before I take my shahada, because it involves a lot of responsability, and I need to make so many changes before in order to be a good muslim aware of my beliefs and my duties in Islam.

massi

assalam waleikum,
I understand your point of view and I recognize we will never stop learning until the end of our lives, but I think I need to make some research and learn things properly before I take my shahada, because it involves a lot of responsability, and I need to make so many changes before in order to be a good muslim aware of my beliefs and my duties in Islam.
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

where are the questions ???????????????????????????? we are waiting , and don't worry every question will be answered in best way (i hope so ^^)

chemseddine_14

explicacion

:SMILY209:
Slemo alicom .soy un argelino musulman y me gustaria que me explican como se maneja el sitio para ayudar a todos aqui sobre todo los hispanohablantesa. haykom allah