Assalamu Alaykum from Minnesota

janw28

Greetings,
I was just given this website by a friend from one of the peace groups I belong to. I was interested in meeting new people and discussing current world affairs. There are some of us in the United States who feel that so many negative things have happened since George Bush took office, and so many unnecessary deaths. This country has not experienced what it must be like to live in a country that is constantly being torn apart by war, and I am afraid many do not understand the pain of living under occupation or constant bombings, with the citizenry being killed every day. The numbers only increase every day in Iraq, and it concerns me that people are numb to the actual losses--the deaths only become numbers. I have several Muslim friends, but I do not know that much about the religion and am always open to learning more. Since I am at work, I do not have more time to write, but I wanted to introduce myself briefly. Thank you.

Wa Alaikoum Assalam
Welcome to the website sister. I hope that you will learn with us as we learn too when someone ask a question or need to know something.
good luck
salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the website, inshaAllah you will be able to learn a lot.. if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

I think its great that a person who is active in peace groups is here, and i believe you are doing a good job. Its good you made an effort to see the information here.

Its important that people understand one another :)

Today, i heard one Palestinian girl speak. She summed it up well, she said she was not political, but the politics is forced upon her. This is how it is for the Muslim world, we want freedom, peace and to live normal lives like everyone else. Just the circumstances make daily life highly inconvenient and impossible to avoid the problems.

bye, see you soon.

Ayan

assalamu alaykum
welcome to the website you should come to the convention center in minneapolis on september 1,2,3. Maybe you can learn more.