Avoiding Extremism In Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
In Islam how does extremism equate with suicide bombing?
There is no such kind of equation at all in Islam. Bottom line is that suicide bombing in Islam is Haram.
However if you are hearing that Muslims are committing suicide bombings continuosly and you are listening to CNN, BBC, FOX ? Its time you get rid of brainwashing media against Islam.
Regarding extremism, I hope brothers and sisters have said already Alhamdulillah.
As a Muslim, you follow according to the Quran and Sunnah. In due course of time, out of humbleness and humility,you develop a relationship with your Creator, which you understand and look after yourself. Depending on your Love and Taqwa for Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala you fear to go astray and you are consistent with your prayers and supplications, asking for HIS forgiveness,mercy and guidance in the path of righteousness.
The kind of words like radicalism,fundamentalism,extremism is being brought up by the biased media, which people in so-called western countries follow. They confuse the people, especially non muslims, and is being used as a propaganda machine.
wa/salam

learnermuslim

Assalaam Alaikum Sisters and Brothers,

JazakAllah Brother Happy2baMuslim for this wonderful thread, it is needed now more than ever to counter the nasty and incorrect media / idioitc people's wrongful accusatons against our peaceful, loving and respectful religion. May Allah give us all the strength to survive these testing times of ignorance and hate towards Islam and Muslims, Ameen.

JazakAllah to all Sisters and Brothers on this thread who are also proving Suicide bombing as truly unISlamic, destructive and leads to more harm and no good at all. It is purely an act of desperation of someone who has gone through imense pain, lost all reasons to live, has limited or no military resources/recourse and is extremely misguided and thus manipulated by men, not because Allah wants it. (sorry very simple.quick points given, but hope it gives people a quick idea as to some real reasons for suicide bombers)

keep up the good work All.

Fi amanAllah

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Peace

my mom says that i cant be a muslim bcos muslims blow up themselves because they believe the Allah will be pleased with them, and they will go to heaven and have many possessions and many concubines

There are many ways to enter paradise. If you do good deeds and obey true God you may enter paradise with God's mercy. You may take possessions and concubines in its literal sense, but what actually you are going to get in paradise, is unimaginable. No human brain can comprehend it. I have also heard many people laughing and saying these people are dying to get 70 hoors (so it appears from their talk that their life was running normal and some one told them about this good news and they just decided to die to get access to hoors). These biased people however, are never soften their hearts and look into reality....even never try to think about the suffering and cruelty they are facing.

As per Mufti Ebrahim Desai: "Generally, suicide bombings is not permissible anywhere, not in the war field or in public places However, the ruling for a specific situation may differ. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best"

The Qur'an is clear in its prohibition of aggression, which clearly includes the killing of non-combatants: "Victims of aggression are given license [to fight] because they have been done injustice; and God is well able to help them. [They are] those evicted from their homes without reason except that they say, 'Our Lord is God'." (22:39-40).

Also read: "And fight for the sake of God those who fight you; but do not be brutal or commit aggression, for God does not love brutal aggression" (2:190).
If the enemy inclines toward peace, however, Muslims must follow suit: "But if they stop, God is most forgiving, most merciful" (2:192).
Also read: "Now if they incline toward peace, then incline to it, and place your trust in God, for God is the all-hearing, the all-knowing" (8:61).
Moreover, God insists that the Muslims should incline towards peace if their enemies do the same, even though the possibility might exist that the enemy is deceiving them: "And if they mean to deceive you, surely you can count on God, the one who strengthened you with Divine aid and with the believers" (8:62).

Then why do still there are suicide bombings?

It is an act of absolute despair and a very serious stage of the seemingly perpetual conflict.

The Western version of “Islamic terrorism” is itself a perversion of Islam. The imperialist Establishment was responsible for creating the Taliban-fundamentalist, or pseudo-religious fascism, which distorts the image of Islam as a religion propagating peaceful co-existence and tolerance for other faiths. Extremism, or ‘fundamentalism’ is fundamentally oxymoronic in Islam. Further, suicide or suicide-bombers targeting civilians is another violation of the Islamic doctrine, that prohibits suicide. The unleashed squads of ‘Islamic terrorists’ are manufactured by the ‘enemies of Islam’ to trigger a global anti-Islamic backlash and set the stage for war against Muslim states.

Sorry, but the truth is that Christian-Zionist factions are promoting global warfare, particularly targeting the Arab world, where they strive to rebuild the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem. But behind this pseudo-religiosity and its apocalyptic designs are materialistic imperialist schemes of global domination and the destruction of civilization through a feudal and Satanic perversion of faith. By spreading confusion within and outside the ranks of Islam, through the escalation of worldwide catastrophes and bombings, the string-pullers hope to achieve their ends.

This "eye for an eye" justification contravenes our tradition. Islam is indeed a religion of peace, but it is also not a pacifist religion. Islam does sanction the taking up of arms, as a last resort, in self-defense. Nevertheless, we are not to transgress, even in self-defense.

However, the fact that there is lot of evil done to muslims and can’t be ignored. The Muslim world is fraught with tumult, oppression, occupation, and injustice and due to this, possibility can not be denied that some people may restore to the extream ways (even though it is fully undesirable and unacceptable), thinking it as solution to stop the injustice. Before occupation of Palestine there were no killings, let alone the suicide bombing. Similar is the case of Iraq.

BGfromGB

extremism

If you have a good sense of judgment, then it should tell you that no matter who is doing suicide bombing, it is an extreme act of desperation. There is a quote i heard, "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
I am a little bothered by why you would ask this. Why do you ask? Islam calls no one to blow there selfs up!

PEACE!
The topic here is extremism in Islam. Now when I see these youngsters making final rituals on tv, in the name of Allah before blowing themselves into oblivion, such unnecessary actions are totally disheartening.

I see very little effort from the upper echelons of the Islamic clerics to point out publicly that deeds are totally contradictory to Allah's teachings. I also see very little emphasis being placed on these people (bombers) their actions are not a guarantee to enter paradise.

The reason why I ask sir, is that there are millions of people out there who see their shocking actions behind the cloak of Allah. This is driving people to despair regarding religious matters. They look on religions as the main source of global conflict

These people turn their backs on religion and become atheists. Can you really blame them?

There is no excuse to blow yourself up in a gesture of desparation. If people are really that desperate, then they should pray, pray, and pray again to the Almighty to bring his hand of peace to the troubled nations.

Only HE can heal the wounds of hatred and desparation. Not the bombers.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
extremism is also the absence of religion...its the other extreme...

but its still extreme if u get me?????:confused:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

To Bg

We should be aware and know that what some people do and what Islam teaches are two different things, so don't confuse yourself nor others.

Suicide in Islaam

Question:

What is the ruling regarding suicide in Islaam?

Answer:

Suicide is when a person kills himself intentionally by whatever means. This is haraam and regarded as amongst the major sins, and likewise included in the general statement of Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala): {And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allaah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him}, [Soorah an-Nisaa, Aayah 93].

And it is established from the Sunnah on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) who said:
"Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever", [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

In reality, the one who commits suicide, generally does so because of his desperate situation, either as a direct result of an act of Allaah or a human being. So you find him unable to cope with that which has afflicted him, and in actual fact he is like one who is calling for help from the scorching heat of the fire. So he has progressed from that which was tough (bad) to that which is worse. And if he was patient, then Allaah would have assisted him in dealing with the difficulty.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen Kayfa Nu'aalij Waaqi'unaa al-Aleem - Page 120

The Ruling on Attacking the enemy by blowing oneself up in a car

Question:

What is the ruling regarding acts of jihaad by means of suicide, such as attaching explosives to a car and storming the enemy, whereby he knows without a doubt that he shall die as a result of this action?

Answer:

Indeed, my opinion is that he is regarded as one who has killed himself (committed suicide), and as a result he shall be punished in Hell, for that which is authenticated on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam). "Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever" [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

However, one who is ignorant and does not know, and assumes his action was good and pleasing to Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala), then we hope Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) forgives him for that which he did out of (ignorant) ijtihaad, even though I do not find any excuse for him in the present day. This is because this type of suicide is well known and widespread amongst the people, so it is upon the person to ask the people of knowledge (scholars) regarding it, until the right guidance for him is differentiated from the error.

And from that which is surprising, is that these people kill themselves despite Allaah having fordbidden this, as He (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) says:
{And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you}, [Soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 29].

And many amongst them do not desire anything except revenge of the enemy, by whatever means, be it halaal or haraam. So they only want to satisfy their thirst for revenge.

We ask Allaah to bless us with foresight in His Deen and action(s) which please Him, indeed He is all Powerful over all things.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen Kayfa Nu'aalij Waaqi'unaa al-Aleem - Page 119

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salam....

but some sheikhs say the exact opposite reg. to the second ruling....eg Sheikh Abdullah Azzam?

oh i dunno, it would be nice if the Ulema could agree!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
salam,

(thanks for the vid am watching)
he agrees with the above shiekh u quoted so far, but how can muslims who are less educated (the rest of us) differentiate? why would it be wrong for me to believe Shiekh Abdullah Azzam and right for others to believe shiekh Khalid Yaseen?

Is the voice of Khalid Yaseen more credible than Sheikh Abdullah Azzam??

(sorry bro im not trying to argue it just sounds like it!!)

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Let`s also see how Islam teaches us to treat the enemy`s women, children, and elders during war. While you are reading this, remember how our Muslim sisters, children, and elderly have been dealt with in Bosnia, Palestine, Iraq, and elsewhere. May Allah SWT grant them mercy and Jannat Alfirdows.

On the basis of principle, Islam prohibits targeting innocent people such as women, children, and others like them even when there is actually a war being waged between the Muslims and the disbelievers. Disbelief, in and of itself, is not a justification to kill someone.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) and the Rightly Guided Caliphs who came after him stressed the need to protect the weak and the noncombatants and were very considerate of them.

Ibn `Umar said:

“I saw the body of a slain woman during one of the battles of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), so he forbade the killing of women and children.” [Sahîh al-Bûkhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Abû Dâwûd relates from Rabâh b. Rabî` with an authentic chain of narrators that he said:

“We were with Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) during a battle and we saw people gathered together. He dispatched a man to find out why they were gathered. The man returned and said: ‘They are gathered around a slain woman.’ So Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: ‘She should not have been attacked!’ Khâlid b. al-Walîd was leading the forces, so he dispatched a man to him saying: ‘Tell Khâlid not to kill women or laborers’.”

In another narration from Ibn Mâjah, it is related that Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“Tell him not kill children or laborers.”

Laborers are not to be attacked deliberately, even if they are present during the battle, as long as their activities are not directly connected with the fighting. Workers who are not present at the battlefield are definitely not to be treated with aggression, regardless of the fact that they are in the enemy country.

Abû Dâwûd relates from Anas b. Mâlik that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) would say the following words to his troops before sending them to war:

“Go forward in the name of Allah. Do not kill an elderly person, nor a small child, nor a woman, and do not exceed the bounds.”

In the Muwatta’, it is related from Yahyâ b. Sa`îd that Abû Bakr sent an army to Syria and went out to give them words of encouragement. He walked alongside Yazîd b. Abî Sufyân, then said:

“You are going to find a group of people who have devoted themselves to the worship of Allah (i.e. monks), so leave them to what they are doing.”

It might be appropriate to make mention of the proposal that the angel of the mountains made to Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that he would bring the two mountains down upon the inhabitants of Mecca. Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“No, I hope that Allah will make some of their descendants worship Him alone.”

He said this in spite of the fact their destruction would have been of a divine nature and he and the believers with him would not have had to lift a finger against them.

Those people and these today are to be called to Islam. They are the ones to bring the message to. Failure to fulfill this duty properly at one time or another does not mean that it always has to be this way, because there is an Islamic effort that offers the promise that this will take place.

Moreover, public places like airplanes and markets are open territory where both Muslims and Non-Muslims meet. It is also a place where adults and children, men and women are to be found. These places are never to be turned into targets, even during times of war.

Islamtoday

Kanini

apology to Abdul Hasib

Im truly sorry, that was probably inappropiate for this forum. If this was posted in the sister sensitive issues it would not have brought about this misunderstanding. I hope u accept my heart-felt apology and thanx for keeping me up on my guard anyway.lol

(ur fren) Kanini

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Im truly sorry, that was probably inappropiate for this forum. If this was posted in the sister sensitive issues it would not have brought about this misunderstanding. I hope u accept my heart-felt apology and thanx for keeping me up on my guard anyway.lol

(ur fren) Kanini
Nah don't worry sister. :SMILY149: don't feel bad it's okay at least you weren't TOO SERIOUS about it! :lol:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Well i have personally been changing some things in what i do, i fasted on monday and thursday, keeping a beard inshallah, try to help others etc, and according to my brothers (family) i am going extreme and need to "chill out". This really confuses me as i try to explain to them its not and these are basic acts we need to abide by, but i just need clarification is what im doing extreme. Inshallah there is so much still to do and these two small acts have brought questions from people i know. Inshallah im going to try and look for other things i can do to improve my faith.

Alhamudlilah

Wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.