Bad temper

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

Bad temper

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.
The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.
He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Finally the ! day came when the boy didn't loose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.
…………………..The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails are gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence He said, 'You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same.

When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out.
It won't matter how many times you say 'I'm sorry', the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

Please forgive me if I have ever left a hole.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
'No one has swallowed back anything more excellent in the sight of Allah, Who is Great and Glorious, than anger he restrains, seeking to please Allah, The Most High.'
Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5116 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Umar

:wasalam:

Turk Gumption

Selamun Aleykum

Very good story .. Thank you for sharing...

Breaking someone's heart is almost same to destroy ka'ba . Becouse both of them house of Allah.So we must to be more careful when we are anger.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

MashaAllah What a great story! I need something of the sort lately.

Many a spoken word is more piercing than an attack – Ali Ibn Abu Talib

Jazaka Allah Khayr for the post.

Wasalaam :)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Indeed, what a good reminder.

Like Brother Turk Gumption said, hurting someone's feelings is just the same as destroying the Kabah. Indeed, they are both the Houses of Allah (SWT). I cannot translate it properly, but it is one of Alama Iqbal's most famous quartrains.

May Allah (SWT) give all of us the courage to swallow our anger and instead either stay quiet or speak words of kindness. Aameen.

Its so amazing, I finish reading something from my email account an I'd come back and log in to TTI and there are the same things that I have just read. Funny how these stories just circulate.

Sister Warda, May Allah (SWT) reward you for your efforts. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

warda A

Sister
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Indeed, what a good reminder.

Like Brother Turk Gumption said, hurting someone's feelings is just the same as destroying the Kabah. Indeed, they are both the Houses of Allah (SWT). I cannot translate it properly, but it is one of Alama Iqbal's most famous quartrains.

May Allah (SWT) give all of us the courage to swallow our anger and instead either stay quiet or speak words of kindness. Aameen.

Its so amazing, I finish reading something from my email account an I'd come back and log in to TTI and there are the same things that I have just read. Funny how these stories just circulate.

Sister Warda, May Allah (SWT) reward you for your efforts. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Yes sister, that is how we learn we receive things in our email daily from friends and foe alike but we chaff the bad and keep the good
and they really do circulate
and ameen to your dua

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
salam.

barakallahufik sister it is a great short story mashallah everyone can really benefit from this.

May allah reward you for sharing this story- inchallah.

thank you sis.
:wasalam:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
yh esp. nailing people to wooden crosses
leaves a wound in jannah :lol:

that was a very good post jazaks