Bahira the Monk: Islamic History Photos from Syria.

abou haytam

Advice to those who do not recognize the Salafi scholars and call them Wahhaabis

Question:
what do you say to those who do not acknowledge (for whatever reason) the scholars of today such as shaikh Uthaymeen, shaykh bin Baaz raheemahullah, shaykh Al-Albaani raheemahullah? a few call them wahabi and say that these scholars follow a new sect rather than the universal deen of al-Islam that was followed by all the major scholars of the past.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslim is obliged to accept the teachings of Islam, and act upon them. When he hears of some word or deed which is based on evidence (daleel) from the Qur’aan or Sunnah, then he has to accept it and give it priority over anything else. He should check what people say against the evidence of sharee’ah, and only accept those views which are in accordance with that evidence. It is known that Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) called people to Tawheed and he wrote his famous book on that topic which is called Kitaab al-Tawheed. In this book he limited himself to quoting only the clear evidence from the verses of the Qur’aan and the saheeh ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Commentaries on this book were written by his grandson ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Hasan and other scholars. Hence none of his opponents can refute this book or claim that his evidence is false. They fabricated lies and believed them, so they believed that he was misguided. They gave the same label to the scholars of the Muslims such as Shaykh Ibn Baaz and Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on them both). It is known that the shaykhs whom we have mentioned did not deviate from the correct view with regard to beliefs and actions; they followed the same path as the Sahaabah and Taabi’een, the four imaams, the authors of the Six Books and others. Those who do not acknowledge them do that either out of ignorance, blind imitation of others, jealousy, stubbornness or following their own whims and desires, or adherence to traditions, bid’ah (innovation) and evil actions that go against the evidence (of sharee’ah). Earlier and later scholars have proven such people to be wrong. So we must follow the evidence and give it priority over the views of all people.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=12203&ln=eng&txt=محمد بن عبد الوهاب

Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha'Allah these pictures took me back in time to when I was in Syria.

But it also hurt me because in Saudia History is being destroyed everyday. I don't want to go on Wahabi-bashing & Pro-Sufee/Barelwee vibes; but I actually like history.

I think its good & its a shame when it goes!

salam brother, i allways like your post and I m pretty surprised about what you called "whahabi-bshing" I think you don t have correct knowlege about mohamed ibn abdelwahab. PM me when you are ready to have a discussion about this issue ;-). check this first

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10867&ln=eng&txt=محمد بن عبد الوهاب

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=36616&ln=eng&txt=محمد بن عبد الوهاب

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=89671&ln=eng&txt=محمد بن عبد الوهاب

Raed

Muslim Student
:salam2:

Brother Mabsoot , jazak allah khyran , that was amazing , the pics and the history .... thanks

abou haytam

i thought we were not allowed to take pictures as the prophet of islam mentioned this, then why do you take pictures and post it on this site arent you lot making shirk and bidah like the saudi wahhabies used to say to the ottomans

salam o alikom;

first you should learn who is mohamed ibn abdelwahab. and 2nd here the proof by hadith about pictures.

Hanging pictures of people in the house

Question:
Concerning pictures of parents in house. I have my own picture hanging, of my ankle and parents, what should I do with them. May Allah reward you.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

You have to hasten to remove these pictures at once, because it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) strongly forbade hanging pictures, and he commanded his great Companion ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib, “Do not leave any picture without blotting it out and do not leave any built-up grave without levelling it.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1/66). Hanging up pictures of animate beings deprives the people of that house of a great blessing, which is the entrance of angels into that house. It was reported from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there are statues or pictures.” (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1961).

You can replace them, if you wish, with pictures of inanimate objects, such as trees, mountains, oceans and other natural scenes, or other drawings of inanimate objects, without being extravagant or wasteful.

As for the pictures which are hanging, you have to remove them and blot them out or burn them; do not keep them. It is worth noting that hanging up pictures of the dead is one of the things that renews grief and serves no useful purpose; it may even lead to some kind of veneration which goes against Tawheed. Let us not forget that the shirk committed by the people of Nooh (peace be upon him) started because they set up pictures and images of some righteous people who had lived among them. So be very careful. May Allaah help us and you to do all that pleases Him and earns His forgiveness. And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the proof of what you called saoudien wahabist, at least they have proof from sunna, bring your proof if you follow other teaching plz.

allah almosta3an

salam o alikom

muharram23

Staff member
jazakallahu khair

nice quality pictures, just be careful and dont fall down. Looks pritty high from where u were standing :)

Wasalam

al-muslimah

Mashallah amazing historical pictures!!! your a good photographer bro mabsoot! Mashallah! liked the Roman theatre best.. I've been to syria twice but I never been to Basra as i'd love to go there!

aysha_ameer

Some More Photos from Bosra, These ones are of a Roman theatre, one of the best preserved in the world.... Alhamdulilah there were no Tourists when i was taking these photos (i think they are scared of syria lol) :

syria288edited.jpg

Another view.. Around 5000 people can sit here

syria285edited2.jpg

Thank you. photos ar every nice to see.

AKHI

Allahuakhbar
thank you for the history lesson. I don't get it. Why the big fuss about the picture?
It's just picture of building. Purely educational to me. Btw, good job bro.

Wasalam....

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:
The Sheikh at my Masjid said this story of the Bahira the Monk is fabricated, illogical, and contains many contradictions according to him some previous scholars also dismissed this story.

He talked about this during a Seerah Class that was offered at my Masjid, plus just about most Seerah lectures and books either they don't mention this story or say it's fabricated.

, but nice pictures!

:wasalam:

abu turaab

:salam2: nice snapshots!..each and every!!..good photography too by brother Mabsoot! :) these pictures cast a strange exotic effect on heart,specialy if you try to feel the atmosphere going back in the history!!.Centuries have past,but ALLAH remains what HE wills so that we may reflect!!..