BBC: Muslim Driving School

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

It is great that us Muslims are getting attention on TV nowadays, pleasant attention, not as many negative comments as before. Alhmadulelah (thank God).

I think we should try to watch these programs, to show our support.

Muslim Driving School gives an insight into the lives of Muslim women learner drivers, their instructors and families.

It is a short documentary, which includes the lives of 3 muslims, who are learners or instructors (one is an imam). It also includes a girl who converted to Islam, and now wears the niqab (face cover).

It is very good, I liked it. I would give it 4/5 stars :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pys5h/Muslim_Driving_School_Episode_1/

NOTE : YOU CAN ONLY ACCESS iPLAYER IF YOU ARE IN THE UK

wassalam alikom

q8penpals

Salam

Do you mean to say the girl with niqab is learning to drive with her niqab? It is illegal in Kuwait and some other gulf countries for women to drive with niqab ever since Oman did a study and found that a woman's peripheral vision was nearly 50% reduced by niqab. Driving is a priviledge, not a right; I truly do not believe that it is safe for women to wear niqab while driving.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

It is great that us Muslims are getting attention on TV nowadays, pleasant attention, not as many negative comments as before. Alhmadulelah (thank God).

I think we should try to watch these programs, to show our support.
Agreed. It's slightly more positive and I appreciate it. All thanks to Allah SWT.

Funny bits to it and few reminders as well for us Muslims!

YouTube links: Part 1 | Part 2 :| Part 3

PS Don't miss smiling at 'theoryaah' :p