becoming a better Muslim everyday

elysetexel

Salam Aleikum,

In October I did my Shahada and after a while I started to doubt my discission. I was questioning myself if I did the good thing. Slowly I returned to Catholism again and blocked all my muslim brothers and sisters.

When it was Christmas a friend asked me if I wanted to go to church with her, I said offcourse and went with her. In church I felt I was on the wrong place, that this wasn't the place where I should be. the next morning I contact a sister and said my Shahada again. And now I pray five times a day and started to cover my hair.

The only problem is my family. But now I have the feeling that I had made the good discission and I am happy to be a Muslim:hijabi:

This experience has made me stronger and I realised that the saytan is around always. He wants us to get troubled and that we leave the good path.
So have a strong faith and protect yourself from him.

Alhamdullillah

elyse

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
masaAllah ya sister :) welcome back :D :D May Allah increase your emaan each moment and keep you in the right way ;)

a_stranger

AlahmduliAllah sister : May Allah sobhanahu wa taala keep faith firm in our hearts and guide us all to Janna :salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Alhamdulillah as Allaah has brought you back to the right path even after you were tested of having doubts in your faith.

Sister, maybe you might want to look for good Muslims friends around you as having a good companion whom will remind us regarding our deen is important as in the hadeeth:

"The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him" [Bukhari, Muslim]

""A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so consider who you befriend." [Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhi]

Try to find a good circle of Muslims' friends - most likely at the mosque, and inshaAllaah it will help you to remain firm in the right path.

Wassalam.

arzafar

from islamqa.com

I have some problems in Faith sometimes I know it is th eSataans. Can you give me some more stories that will give me more fairh.

Praise be to Allaah.

A person may become negligent and that may lead to weakening his faith. The remedy for that is to pray a great deal for forgiveness and to constantly remember Allaah, and to read Qur’aan and focus on and ponder its meanings, for doing that will rid the heart of its carelessness and wake it from its slumber. And it is very important to do a lot of righteous deeds.

There are several reasons for weakness of faith, including the following:

1 – Ignorance of the names and attributes of Allaah leads to weakness of faith because if a person is lacking in knowledge of the names and attributes of Allaah, his faith will be imcomplete.

2 – Neglecting to think of the signs of Allaah in the universe and to ponder His commands and prohibitions. This causes a lack of faith or at the very least it makes faith stagnant and prevents it from growing.

3 – Committing sin, for sin has a far-reaching effect on the heart and on faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No adulterer is a believer at the moment when he is committing adultery.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2475; Muslim, 57).

4 – Failing to do acts of worship, for failing to do acts of worship diminishes faith. But if the act of worship is something that is obligatory and it is neglected with no excuse, then this is a shortcoming for which a person is to be blamed and will be punished. If it is an act of worship that is not obligatory or it is obligatory but a person does not do it because he has an excuse, then this is a shortcoming for which he will not be blamed or punished.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, 1/52

We advise you to read Qur’aan a great deal and ponder its verses, for in that there is healing for what is in your heart, if Allaah wills. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe”

[al-Isra’ 17:82]

We also advise you to study the stories of the Prophets, for Allaah narrated them in the Qur’aan to make the heart of his Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and the believers with him, steadfast. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And all that We relate to you (O Muhammad) of the news of the Messengers is in order that We may make strong and firm your heart thereby. And in this (chapter of the Qur’aan) has come to you the truth, as well as an admonition and a reminder for the believers”

[Hood 11:120]

elysetexel

thank you all

Alhamdulillah for all the nice answers and important information I get from you all.

thank you

elyse