Before age 40 - Low Heaven?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
I've heard about "Low Heaven" and "High Heaven", so I think I already know about those (even if it is a little knowledge). However, more info about those would be appreciated.

My main question, however, is that when I was reading an article about Low and High Heaven, I read the following things (which I'd like for you to clarify (so that to see if they are true) Insha'Allah):

1) All people under the age of 40 will go to the Low Heaven

2) Deeds commited in childhood will not be recorded (I don't have to worry about this one, but this one will be a good one to keep in mind when I have children)

3) The Virgins readily greet their spouses in the High Heaven, but in the Low Heaven the servents must search for their spouses

4) In High Heaven, the water will flow straight from the Throne of Allah while in Low Heaven, the water must be pumped

5) There are unlimited kinds of food in the High Heaven, but in the Low Heaven there are limited kinds of food

6) Finally, that in High Heaven, the prophets will be there and you will be able to see Allah, while in the Low Heaven none of this (what I just said about the High Heaven in 6) is true

The whole age 40 thing kind of makes sense because The Prophet Muhammad :saw: had his first revelation at age 40. However, the rest of the things I can't figure out how they can relate to what Allah has said and/or done (thus giving me proof).

Insha'Allah, can any of you please clarify this and state whether or not it's true? Thanks, and JazakAllah Khair!

:wasalam:

acedoc

You gotta be kiddin Bro!

You can NOT be serious brother. Please tell us you are just joking. I have NO IDEA where you got this inofrmation.

What about all those young people (under 40) who gave their lives in path of Allah????

This stresses the need to stick with ONLY Quran and sunnah

May Allah guide you. Ameen

I've heard about "Low Heaven" and "High Heaven", so I think I already know about those (even if it is a little knowledge). However, more info about those would be appreciated.

My main question, however, is that when I was reading an article about Low and High Heaven, I read the following things (which I'd like for you to clarify (so that to see if they are true) Insha'Allah):

1) All people under the age of 40 will go to the Low Heaven

2) Deeds commited in childhood will not be recorded (I don't have to worry about this one, but this one will be a good one to keep in mind when I have children)

3) The Virgins readily greet their spouses in the High Heaven, but in the Low Heaven the servents must search for their spouses

4) In High Heaven, the water will flow straight from the Throne of Allah while in Low Heaven, the water must be pumped

5) There are unlimited kinds of food in the High Heaven, but in the Low Heaven there are limited kinds of food

6) Finally, that in High Heaven, the prophets will be there and you will be able to see Allah, while in the Low Heaven none of this (what I just said about the High Heaven in 6) is true

The whole age 40 thing kind of makes sense because The Prophet Muhammad :saw: had his first revelation at age 40. However, the rest of the things I can't figure out how they can relate to what Allah has said and/or done (thus giving me proof).

Insha'Allah, can any of you please clarify this and state whether or not it's true? Thanks, and JazakAllah Khair!

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

I haven't heard many of the things you are saying, but I must say, that all people if they did good will go to the highest of Paradises - Jannatul Firduas. These things are based on piety not age.

Yes, deeds done before puberty are not recorded. But bro, if you have kids don't let them slack off, raising a good muslim begins at birth...lol (actually i wouldn't know for sure, but I suppose so)

All people under the age of 40 will go to the Low Heaven

For More Information look AT: The Bounties of Paradise

May Allah keep us on His Path and May we make it to the Highest of Paradises. Ameen.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Thank you for your responses. To be honest, I was getting afraid because I was thinking that it was Allah's Will that I die before age 40 and/or the Hour had arrived abd I wouldn't have recieved the high honor of the highest Heaven.

The website where I found this out from? I don't remember, lol. I'll find it through google...

Ayep

:salam2: Brother

Here's some explaination to get you going.

(Jannah)Paradise or Heaven have eight levels.
The highest level is JANNATUL FIRDAUS.

1) JANNATUL FIRDAUS
2) JANNATUL NA'IM
3) JANNATUL MA'WA
4) JANNATUL 'ADEN
5) JANNATUS SALAM
6) JANNATUL KHULD
7) JANNATUL MUQAMAH
8) JANNATUL JALAI

1) JANNATUL FIRDAUS
إِلاَّ عَلَى أَزْوَجِهِمْ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَـنُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ - فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَآءَ ذلِكَ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ - وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لاًّمَـنَـتِهِمْ وَعَهْدِهِمْ رَعُونَ ]وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَى صَلَوتِهِمْ يُحَـفِظُونَ- أُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْورِثُونَ- الَّذِينَ يَرِثُونَ الْفِرْدَوْسَ هُمْ فِيهَا خَـلِدُونَ-
(1. Successful indeed are the believers.) (2. Those who with their Salah are Khashi`un.) (3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw.) (4. And those who pay the Zakah.) (5. And those who guard their private parts.) (6. Except from their wives or their right hand possessions, for then, they are free from blame.) (7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.) (8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat and to their covenants are Ra`un.) (9. And those who strictly guard their Salawat.) (10. These are indeed the heirs. ) (11. Who shall inherit Firdaws. They shall dwell therein forever.)
-Al-Mukminun(1-11)

2) JANNATUL NA'IM
وَالسَّـبِقُونَ السَّـبِقُونَ- أُوْلَـئِكَ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ- فِى جَنَّـتِ النَّعِيمِ
(10. And those foremost will be foremost.) (11. These will be the nearest (to Allah).) (12. In the Gardens of Delight.)
-Al-Waqi'ah(10-12)

3) JANNATUL MA'WA
وَأَمَّا مَنْ خَافَ مَقَامَ رَبِّهِ وَنَهَى النَّفْسَ عَنِ الْهَوَى - فَإِنَّ الْجَنَّةَ هِىَ الْمَأْوَى
(40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and forbade himself from desire.) (41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.)
-An Nazi'at (40-41)

4) JANNATUL 'ADEN
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَاتِ إِنَّا لاَ نُضِيعُ أَجْرَ مَنْ أَحْسَنَ عَمَلاً - أُوْلَـئِكَ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ عَدْنٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهِمُ الأَنْهَـرُ يُحَلَّوْنَ فِيهَا مِنْ أَسَاوِرَ مِن ذَهَبٍ وَيَلْبَسُونَ ثِيَابًا خُضْرًا مِّن سُنْدُسٍ وَإِسْتَبْرَقٍ مُّتَّكِئِينَ فِيهَا عَلَى الاٌّرَآئِكِ نِعْمَ الثَّوَابُ وَحَسُنَتْ مُرْتَفَقاً
(30. Verily, as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make the reward of anyone to be lost who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner.) (31. These! For them will be Jannatu `Adn; wherein rivers flow beneath them; therein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of Sundus and Istabraq. They will be Muttaki'in therein on Ara'ik. How good is the reward, and what an excellent Murtafaq!)
-Al Kahf(30-31)

5) JANNATUS SALAM
وَاللَّهُ يَدْعُو إِلَى دَارِ السَّلاَمِ وَيَهْدِى مَن يَشَآءُ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
(25. Allah calls to the Abode of Peace (Paradise) and guides whom He wills to the straight path.)
-Yunus(25)

6) JANNATUL KHULD

7) JANNATUL MUQAMAHوَقَالُواْ الْحَمْدُ للَّهِ الَّذِى أَذْهَبَ عَنَّا الْحَزَنَ]
(And they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has removed from us (all) grief...'') which means fear of everything that is feared; it has been lifted from us and we have been relieved of all that we used to fear of the anxieties of the world and the Hereafter. Ibn `Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, and others said, "He forgives them for their major sins, and appreciates even the smallest of their good deeds.''

[الَّذِى أَحَلَّنَا دَارَ الْمُقَامَةِ مِن فَضْلِهِ]
(Who, out of His grace, has lodged us in a home that will last forever,) means, `Who has given us this position and status out of His grace and blessing and mercy, for our good deeds are not equivalent to this.' It was reported in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said: -

«لَنْ يُدْخِلَ أَحَدًا مِنْكُمْ عَمَلُهُ الْجَنَّة»
(None of you will enter Paradise by virtue of his good deeds.) They said, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah'' He said,

«وَلَا أَنَا إِلَّا أَنْ يَتَغَمَّدَنِي اللهُ تَعَالَى بِرَحْمَةٍ مِنْهُ وَفَضْل»
(Not even me, unless Allah encompasses me with His mercy and grace.)

[لاَ يَمَسُّنَا فِيهَا نَصَبٌ وَلاَ يَمَسُّنَا فِيهَا لُغُوبٌ]
(where toil will touch us not nor weariness will touch us.) means, neither hardship nor exhaustion will touch us. The words translated here as "toil'' and "weariness'' both mean exhaustion, as if what is meant by the negation of both is that neither their bodies nor their souls will become exhausted; and Allah knows best. They used to exhaust themselves in worshipping this world, but their obligations will come to an end when they enter Paradise, where they will enjoy eternal rest and repose.
-Fatir(34-35)

8) JANNATUL JALAI

Hope this helps in some way. You can check further from Tafsir Ibn Kathir here:http://www.tafsir.com/Default.asp

Allah knows best

msameer

According to certain scholars, there indeed are 2 levels of paradise. ( This is not in conflict with the 8 concept, as all the eight are part of the upper jannah. )

BUt age is not the decisive factor. The better Muslim you are in the eyes of Allah, The higher level you will receive in jannah. Insha Allah.

And Allah knows best !

acedoc

Two Levels (major) of Jannah

According to certain scholars, there indeed are 2 levels of paradise. ( This is not in conflict with the 8 concept, as all the eight are part of the upper jannah. )

BUt age is not the decisive factor. The better Muslim you are in the eyes of Allah, The higher level you will receive in jannah. Insha Allah.

And Allah knows best !

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Agreed! Jannah (Paradise) Two levels is what we understand.

Also people in Lower level see Allah once a week-every Friday

the real lucky ones (in the Higher level-Al Firdaus) see/meet Allah TWICE EACH DAY

May Allah make us one in Janat Al Firdaus. AMEEN!

Prophet Mohammad (sws) advised us when we ask Allah for Jannat (paradise)to ask for Janat Al Firadus (the highest level). It is not beyond the genorosity fo Allah that He may grant us exactly that despite our sins.

No matter what level a believer is in Jannah the Biggest pleasure he/she will have is his/her daily/weekly meeting with Allah. Imagine that more pleasurable than any of the luxuries that Allah has preapred for us.

Hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 518:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When Allah had finished His creation, He wrote over his Throne: 'My Mercy preceded My Anger.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 519:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle offers prayers perfectly and fasts (the month of) Ramadan then it is incumbent upon Allah to admit him into Paradise, whether he emigrates for Allah's cause or stays in the land where he was born." They (the companions of the Prophet) said, "O Allah's Apostle! Should we not inform the people of that?" He said, "There are one-hundred degrees in Paradise which Allah has prepared for those who carry on Jihad in His Cause. The distance between every two degrees is like the distance between the sky and the Earth, so if you ask Allah for anything, ask Him for the Firdaus, for it is the last part of Paradise and the highest part of Paradise, and at its top there is the Throne of Beneficent, and from it gush forth the rivers of Paradise."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 572:
Narrated Anas:

Um (the mother of) Haritha came to Allah's Apostle after Haritha had been martyred on the Day (of the battle) of Badr by an arrow thrown by an unknown person. She said, "O Allah's Apostle! You know the position of Haritha in my heart (i.e. how dear to me he was), so if he is in Paradise, I will not weep for him, or otherwise, you will see what I will do." The Prophet said, "Are you mad? Is there only one Paradise? There are many Paradises, and he is in the highest Paradise of Firdaus." The Prophet added, "A forenoon journey or an after noon journey in Allah's Cause is better than the whole world and whatever is in it; and a place equal to an arrow bow of anyone of you, or a place equal to a foot in Paradise is better than the whole world and whatever is in it; and if one of the women of Paradise looked at the earth, she would fill the whole space between them (the earth and the heaven) with light, and would fill whatever is in between them, with perfume, and the veil of her face is better than the whole world and whatever is in it."

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 573:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "None will enter Paradise but will be shown the place he would have occupied in the (Hell) Fire if he had rejected faith, so that he may be more thankful; and none will enter the (Hell) Fire but will be shown the place he would have occupied in Paradise if he had faith, so that may be a cause of sorrow for him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 574:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will be the luckiest person who will gain your intercession on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "O Abu Huraira! I have thought that none will ask me about this Hadith before you, as I know your longing for the (learning of) Hadiths. The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' sincerely from the bottom of his heart."

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The different types of heaven is confusing............ and this thread is kinda old............

But I know that any heaven will still be paradise, and infinite times better than hell.

Salam.