BETWEEN LOVE & PARENTS

:salam2: Theres something thats bothering me since i came back to Saudi Arabia,i went to UE Caloocan (Philippians) to do my bachelor's and during that time i fell in love with a very beautiful filipina girl and she was a catholic (Christan)..in the beginning we were just friends and i used to avoid her and tried too stay far away from her coz i was attracted to her. eventually we became close friends and
i started teaching her about islam but i knew were it was going nd wer it would end..she fell deeply in love with me even to the xtent that she wanted to convert to islam nd embrace it..my heart and my mind was trapped coz my parents told me too stay away from girls during my stay in philapiens and i also new that my parents will never approve of her!..i 2ld her the day we met that we canot be more than FRIENDS.i had fear of Allah nd my Parents coz i loved them..it has been 8 months now nd i still cant get her out of my brain nd heart! she cried nd cried alot i realy heart her! im afraid now...i didn't take advantage of her in any way! i did not take anything that she offered but still i ended up hearting her alot coz she loved me more than i did! "i was a big chapter in her life nd she learned alot from me..i will always be a part of her" these wer her own words..i already apologized to her although i didn't do anything just coz i have fear of Allah..now i have a few questions

1) firstly did i do something wrong wen i knew that she would embrace Islam nd i didnt marry her? she was gonna embrace Islam coz she loved me and not Allah!
2)Did i do anything wrong wen i obeyed my parents not to get involved with a girl?
3)will i be punished for breaking her heart? i not only broke her heart but in fact i broke mine!

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Interesting topic. I could relate to it as I'm from the Philippines :D

I'm no scholar but I think brother, 1) you did the right thing. As you said, she was only going to embrace Islaam to marry you, even though Muslim men are allowed to marry from the Ahlul-Kitaab, ofcourse a Muslimah is better. 2) You obeyed your parents and that was a good thing to do. As for number 3, I can't answer that. Inshaa'Allaah this is just a test for you and don't let shaytaan overcome you.

Assalamu alaikum,

Interesting topic. I could relate to it as I'm from the Philippines :D

I'm no scholar but I think brother, 1) you did the right thing. As you said, she was only going to embrace Islaam to marry you, even though Muslim men are allowed to marry from the Ahlul-Kitaab, ofcourse a Muslimah is better. 2) You obeyed your parents and that was a good thing to do. As for number 3, I can't answer that. Inshaa'Allaah this is just a test for you and don't let shaytaan overcome you.

Hahaha you seem to amaze me sister..!:)

arabiantxn

:salam2: ya akhie kail al hall. , I can certainly understand what you are going thru I too had a similar experience in my life. I used to go to school with this girl. Although I stayed away from her knowing i was a Muslim and had no business being friends with females. I did admire her because she was not sluty but a modesty person. Our teacher forced us to work on various presentations and school work. Our friendship biased on us being classmates now changes into something other. It was soo subtle that I came to know about this when i was introduced to her parents and her friend as her boyfriend. I say this to point out that all this happened soo quickly and soo naively. . I cried but decided to too but decided to brake up i told her that I am not the right person for her.
brother Islam doesn't allow us to have girlfreinds or boy freinds.
Brother as much as I feel your pain I have to tell that I had taken the same decision.
May allah help us and guide us to the straight path
May allah help us control our nafs

user expired!

asalamualaikum,
You shouldnt have questioned her Islam she might have really wanted to accept it!

but u did the right thing ( this purely my opinion not a fatwa)

You should talk to ur parents and if they say no then talk to a Shaykh and see what advice they have for u (there should be plenty in KSA)

Inshaa'Allaah

:salam2:

I'm sure when you marry someone else, a good Muslimah from your place Inshaa'Allaah you will totally forget about that woman you met here.

Inshaa'Allaah...! i hope soo, filipinas are very loving and caring..i pray to Allah that the girl that i shall marry will also love me the same....

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: Theres something thats bothering me since i came back to Saudi Arabia,i went to UE Caloocan (Philippians) to do my bachelor's and during that time i fell in love with a very beautiful filipina girl and she was a catholic (Christan)..in the beginning we were just friends and i used to avoid her and tried too stay far away from her coz i was attracted to her. eventually we became close friends and
i started teaching her about islam but i knew were it was going nd wer it would end..she fell deeply in love with me even to the xtent that she wanted to convert to islam nd embrace it..my heart and my mind was trapped coz my parents told me too stay away from girls during my stay in philapiens and i also new that my parents will never approve of her!..i 2ld her the day we met that we canot be more than FRIENDS.i had fear of Allah nd my Parents coz i loved them..it has been 8 months now nd i still cant get her out of my brain nd heart! she cried nd cried alot i realy heart her! im afraid now...i didn't take advantage of her in any way! i did not take anything that she offered but still i ended up hearting her alot coz she loved me more than i did! "i was a big chapter in her life nd she learned alot from me..i will always be a part of her" these wer her own words..i already apologized to her although i didn't do anything just coz i have fear of Allah..now i have a few questions

1) firstly did i do something wrong wen i knew that she would embrace Islam nd i didnt marry her? she was gonna embrace Islam coz she loved me and not Allah!
2)Did i do anything wrong wen i obeyed my parents not to get involved with a girl?
3)will i be punished for breaking her heart? i not only broke her heart but in fact i broke mine!

Man, i think ur experiencing true love. i believe that u should go back and marry her. she'll see that Islam is a true way of life. inshaAllah. and make istikhara that helps too. :hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You have been a good son to your parents. All I know is I put my faith in Allah and He opens the doors or shuts them. It is always a blessing. He is the Disposer of All Affairs, please turn to Him.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I forgot to add that even though you marry her or not, if Allaah swt really wants her to be a Muslim, she will be guided Inshaa'Allaah.