black water

mahdi

A US human rights group says it is suing private security firm Blackwater for unspecified damages for war crimes and wrongfully killing Iraqi civilians.
"This senseless slaughter was only the latest incident in a lengthy pattern of egregious misconduct by Blackwater in Iraq," said lawyer Susan Burke. The group say its complaint alleges Blackwater is liable for claims of assault and battery, wrongful death, emotional distress and negligence
The UN's human rights official in Iraq, Ivana Vuco, said private guards were subject to international law, despite being given immunity by a US directive following the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

"For us, it's a human rights issue," said Ms Vuco. "We will monitor the allegations of killings by security contractors and look into whether or not crimes against humanity and war crimes have been committed."

bro/sis, what do u think of these private guards?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Several months ago I wrote threads on Blackwater and Eric Prince. Prince sleeps in the same bed as Congress and Bush.

kayleigh

It's horrible, but the things Blackwater did are no different than the things that the regular troops do - the only difference between the two is that one is hired, one isn't. It's a very long and hard process to actually prosecute someone for war crimes, and what usually happens is only those in charge get the penalty - not necessarily those who really did all the dirty work. I don't think it's fair that they prosecute Blackwater and only Blackwater, and NOT the US troops too.

I had heard that they wanted to charge them in Iraqi courts, which won't ever happen. They can't be charged within Iraq by Iraqi courts or law, even if the Iraqis want to do it.