brothers & sisters plz help

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

i need your help guys

masjid from my house is very far it takes 15 min to reach the masjid ( i go by walking) only fajr and isha i pray at masjid and rest at home.my problem is my exams are starting next month and in may i hav my o level exam i will have to study soo much. i can pray fajr in masjid when having the exams but the problem is for isha it takes 1 hours. going to the masjid and coming back take 30 min. and i really get tired

so wat u guys say when having my exams should i pray isha at home or i should go ???

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

mohamedsede

(someone correct me if I am wrong) I don't believe that it is obligatory that you pray at the mosiq. But I always see an improvement on my test scores after praying at the mosiq most of the five times.
Also, in the early days, an Islamic scientist dairy stated that when he had problems solving a problem or difficulties, he would ask Allah to help him figure out the way to solve it(duaa).

PS:SMILY346: study hard on that exam.

spike.p

Try your best

Sallams Bro

It's not obligatory, but if you make the sacrifice and go to the mosqe and ask Allah that this little sacrifice is solely for your sake. Please help me in my exams and in this life and the hereafter, what do you thik will happen?
If you do decide to go ask Allah to help me aswell.

May Allah help you with your exams (Ameen).:

Sallams Bro

It's not obligatory, QUOTE]

to pray salat with jamat is obligatory

a lot of mashaikh said that without any importent reasons ,if we pray our salat then we will didn´t get any reward but we dont have to pray again.

there are a lot of hadith about this.
i hope any admistrator or brother will be able to quote it.

and to brotehr shabaz : i wanna just to say if you will do something special then you will get also something specail from allah. so try to pray isha with jamat if you think you will be able also to study at night

allah knows best

allah hafez

zaakir

salaam...shahbazjamil...i think its very very good that you do care about praying with jamaat..remember this, and inshaAllah it will help you **Allah does not want to burden His creation**

salaam

shaz_1999

If i had da oportunity 2pray at da Masjid I wud go as much as I can. Why do u not take sme sort of books or papers wid u n da way 2da Masjid and revise dat.

Only a suggestion

kayleigh

You don't have to pray at the masjid, you can pray anywhere as long as it's clean (so, not in a bathroom, etc.)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
You don't have to pray at the masjid, you can pray anywhere as long as it's clean (so, not in a bathroom, etc.)

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Brother kayleigh,

If you dont have knowledge then please keep quiete instead of giving your opionions, as it is very much safe to avoid sins by keeping mum where you dont have knowledge.

And look at your manner of telling, as if it is obvious and not even your personal opinion. Which is worse.

Islam is about Allah's Message/Guidance and its not what I, You or somebody else thinks.

Wassalaam,
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

If a masjid is in our reach then it is obligatory to offer our prayer in the masjid unless we have some disability or some serious problem.

In your case, you have exams, so you can go for prayer in your convenient times and when it is very difficult then you can offer at home. The matter is that you should have the feeling that you are loosing a lot by not going for prayer to masjid and keep the thought in your heart that you will try your best after exams.

Wassalaam.

VE

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
What is the distance within which it is obligatory to pray in the mosque?​

It is obligatory upon the one who hears the call to prayer given in a normal voice, without the use of loudspeakers, to respond and attend the prayer in congregation in the mosque from which the call is given, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever hears the call and does not come [to the mosque], there is no prayer for him, except for one who has an excuse." This was narrated by Ibn Maajah, al-Daaraqutni, Ibn Hibbaan and al-Haakim with a saheeh isnaad.

Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked what counts as an excuse. He said, "Fear or sickness." Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a blind man said, "O Messenger of Allaah, I do not have anyone to guide me to the mosque; may I have a dispensation to let me pray in my house?" The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "Can you hear the call to prayer?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then respond."

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated that Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "Whoever wants to meet Allaah tomorrow as a Muslim, then let him pray these prayers regularly when the call for them is given, for Allaah has shown your Prophet the ways of guidance, and they are part of the ways of guidance. If you pray in your houses like this one who stayed at home, then you have forsaken the Sunnah of your Prophet, and if you forsake the Sunnah of your Prophet you will go astray. And at that time we saw no one stay behind except for a hypocrite who was known for his hypocrisy or one who was sick. A man would be brought to the prayers, supported by two others, so that he could stand in the row."

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "I was thinking of commanding that the call to prayer should be given, then the iqaamah, then I would command a man to lead the people in prayer, and I would go out with some men carrying bundles of wood to people who do not attend the prayers, and I would burn their houses with them inside." There are many ahaadeeth which speak of the importance of the prayer and urge us to pray in the mosques. It is obligatory for the Muslims to pray regularly in the mosques and encourage one another to do that and to co-operate in doing so… But in the case of one who is far away from the mosque and cannot hear the call to prayer except via the loudspeaker, he is not obliged to attend the mosque and he and others who are with him can pray in jamaa'ah on their own, because of the apparent meaning of the ahaadeeth quoted above. But if they take on the hardship and join the congregation in the mosque from which they cannot hear the call to prayer except via loudspeakers, because they are far away from it, that will increase their reward, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "The people who will earn the greatest reward for prayer are those who live farthest away, (and the further away you live, the more reward you will earn)." And there are very many ahaadeeth which speak of the virtues of going to the mosque and encourage us to do so. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Majmoo' Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 12, 58-61

The scholars said concerning the guidelines on hearing the call to prayer (adhaan):

Al-Shaafa'i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: [the guideline is the distance within which the adhaan can be heard] if the muezzin has a loud voice and a person can hear (i.e., he is not deaf), and there is little noise and the wind is still – because if the muezzin does not have a loud voice, and the people are not paying attention, and there is a lot of noise, then fewer people would hear the call.

Al-Umm, vol. 1, p. 221

Al-Nawawi said: the guideline with regard to hearing the call to prayer is that the muezzin stands at a certain location in the city, there is no noise and the wind is still, and a person can hear him; if a person can hear him he is obliged to attend the prayers in the mosque, and if he cannot hear him, he is not obliged.

(al-Majmoo' Sharh al-Muhadhdhab, vol. 4, p. 353

Ibn Qudaamah said: The furthest place from which the call can usually be heard– if the muezzin has a strong voice and stands in a high place, and the wind is still and there is no noise, and the listener is not inattentive – is the distance which is to be taken into account.

(al-Mughni, vol. 2, p. 107).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Imaam Ahmad estimated the distance at which the voice of the muezzin would be inaudible in such circumstances as being more than a farsakh (one farsakh is approximately five kilometers). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

furry

For Virtual Eye and Kayleigh

Salam

Virtual Eye i tink you are wrong to ask Kayleigh to kp quiet rather correct him which is the best so that both will receive the correct guidance Insha-Allah.

Kayleigh is half-correct btw to say you dun need to pray at the mosque jus any clean place will do since the earth which ALLAH has made is a mosque itself which even Jin (before he rebelled against ALLAH) did so likewise. But it is encouraged to pray in the mosque, congreagrational prayers. However for Jummah prayers is a must of coz no doubt about it. Allah does not like to over-burden his servants but give he or she what she/he can withstand and thus always to remember HIM. So during exams, if you have time to pray in the mosque it is encouraged to do so but if not, dun over-exert urself as it is no good to ur health. Do what you can since after ur Os u will have quite a free time to even go to the mosque to fulfill the 5 daily prayers!!!

But like what Mr/Ms Happy 2BA Muslim said if you hear the adhan in the mosque, it is a MUST to response to it nonetheless!!!

Insha Allah all will be guided

wa-salam:salah:

ansari

STRANGER...
hey brothers and sisters i dont hear azan. its too far. it takes 15 min to reach masjid from my house. i have downloaded azan software.before i used to pray at home because masjid is too far but i read one hadith And usually i go for FAJR and isha prayer

Sayyidna Usman, Radi-Allahu anhu, has reported that he heard the Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, say: "The person who observes the Isha prayer in congregation, will have the reward and blessings of staying up half the night in prayer, and the one who observes the Fajr prayer in congregation will have the reward and blessings of staying up the whole night in prayer."

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

If you live 15 minutes away from the Masjid then most SCHOLARS will not consider it obligatory upon you to go...Having said that

It will be of great merit for you to go.

Please note that the words of Hadeeth "Congregation"...Why don't you pray at home with "Congregation" while you have your exams?

Actually we should ALWAYS try to pray with congregation; Masjid or Home

muslim-girl

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Asc Brother ... Its obligation to pray in the masjiid , but u have a exsam, so Allah will inshallah understand u , just pray at home , and ask Allah about forgiveness , if u have done something wrong. But u know the exsam its not so importan like AllaHs Saalad , u should think about the Salad first of all, .
but inshallah I hope u past the exsam inshallah , I will make du'a for u brother .

Asc . <3

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I just noticed that you live in Dubai.

Is there a house in Dubai where the Masjid is 15 minutes walking distance away? Wow! I know Dubai well & NEVER knew that.

Where exactly do you live in Dubai brother?

boupj

Is there a prayer room in your school, 'cuz then you can pray there in congregation, and study between prayers, that's what I do. If there's no prayer room in your school then like someone else suggested then maybe you can bring paper and books to revise in the Mosques, maybe there's an extra room you can study in. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but pray to Allah for guidance. I'm still learning how to pray so no doubt I sometimes do something wrong and I ask Allah to forgive me if my ignorance has caused me to do something wrong during salaat, and to accept my prayer by his mercy, remember Allah is most merciful. InshaAllah you will do well on your exams. It's exam time for me to so I understand the stress.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Pray Fajar & Esha in School? I would be very worried!

Is there a prayer room in your school, 'cuz then you can pray there in congregation, and study between prayers, that's what I do. If there's no prayer room in your school then like someone else suggested then maybe you can bring paper and books to revise in the Mosques, maybe there's an extra room you can study in. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but pray to Allah for guidance. I'm still learning how to pray so no doubt I sometimes do something wrong and I ask Allah to forgive me if my ignorance has caused me to do something wrong during salaat, and to accept my prayer by his mercy, remember Allah is most merciful. InshaAllah you will do well on your exams. It's exam time for me to so I understand the stress.

ansari

STRANGER...
Asslamo Allaikum,

I just noticed that you live in Dubai.

Is there a house in Dubai where the Masjid is 15 minutes walking distance away? Wow! I know Dubai well & NEVER knew that.

Where exactly do you live in Dubai brother?

:wasalam: well, i live in jebal ali. its a newly developed area by emaar. Name is Emirates hills