BURDEN OF PROOF ON MUSLIMS?

Sister_X

you seemed destined to disprove the Bible but can't even prove that allah exists. My intention was never to have a debate over wether the quran or the Bible is correct but you seem obsessed with it. Prove to me that allah exist and i'll consider islam. You can't and I know this. You can't even prove that he wrote the quran. I know this as well. Your faith tells you that allah did and that's fine. My faith tells me otherwise. Noone is trying to convert you, that's not my job.

The Word Allah means God. The word itself mean "The Only One to be Worshipped" . It's the same word christian arabs and jew arabs use. If it meant anything other then that, they wouldn't use it.

Your faith doesn't teach you otherwise, well actually it teaches you that he is three in one or one in three. Sis, you as a christian already believe in God, yes, we have two different concepts of who god is.. we say he is one and only, you say he is The Father the Son and the Holy spirit. What i'm saying that if you believe that God exists then there is no point in us trying to prove that Allah exists...am i making sense here?

salaam

Sister_X

waterdrop please don't say that you;re "playing devil's advocate", you wouldn't be here if you intention were good.
speaking of evolution, well..do you know why the evolution theory is called the "evolution theory", it's because its a theory.

wow this site is quick.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dearest Waterdrop,

Once in a lifetime a person encounters that which is worth dying for. It has to be the Truth. So I do believe in jihad.
However, do not confuse the wars that are going on today. That is do not conflate faith and truth with imperialism, capitalism, and any other ism. Do not buy into the lies that Islam is out to get the world. That is a lie. Do not buy into the meida onslaughter of Islam. Do not allow the greedities( my word, nasty evil money lusty servants of satan) to slander the peoples who worship the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Joseph, Issac, Noah, David, Solomon, Saul, Lut, and Adam. Our Holy Prophet (swas ) taught us about them. He also taught us we, all creation, are from one soul.
I do not see you that far away from us. I pray I am right.

Waterdrop

Banned
waterdrop please don't say that you;re "playing devil's advocate", you wouldn't be here if you intention were good.
speaking of evolution, well..do you know why the evolution theory is called the "evolution theory", it's because its a theory.

wow this site is quick.

saying something is a theory doesn't make it untrue. I believe in evolution, however I think god created the seeds of evolution and most people think i'm out of my ghord for thinking that way but I don't mind. Blackholes were theories, theory of relativity etc. (i'm not sure if you were impling that i'm here to cause trouble but i'm not).

Waterdrop

Banned
Salaam,

Dearest Waterdrop,

Once in a lifetime a person encounters that which is worth dying for. It has to be the Truth. So I do believe in jihad.
However, do not confuse the wars that are going on today. That is do not conflate faith and truth with imperialism, capitalism, and any other ism. Do not buy into the lies that Islam is out to get the world. That is a lie. Do not buy into the meida onslaughter of Islam. Do not allow the greedities( my word, nasty evil money lusty servants of satan) to slander the peoples who worship the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Joseph, Issac, Noah, David, Solomon, Saul, Lut, and Adam. Our Holy Prophet (swas ) taught us about them. He also taught us we, all creation, are from one soul.
I do not see you that far away from us. I pray I am right.

I don't believe that all of islam are terrorists. Every group has it's bad seeds. I believe in God. He is what I live for.

Sister_X

NO, i think you are here in intentions, not to cause trouble.by the way, when you say you believe in evolution do u mean that you believe we have all evolved from monkeys?

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Hi Waterdrop,

It is not only forbidden to compel someone to accept Islam, it is impossible to do so. Please consider the meaning of the wordIslam before continuing to read:

'Islam'; Ar. from the root 'slm' (silm), to be in peaceful submission; to surrender; to obey; peace; Islam lit. 'The active willful surrender, submission, obedience, in purity to the will of another (Allah) in complete peace.'

The understanding from the meaning of the word Islam itself makes it clear that there is no way that you could possibly force someone to do something that requires them to do it of their own free will and accord. If someone were forced to enter Islam then it would not be Islam anyway, as a condition of Islam is that it is by free choice in peace. Forcing people into Islam is totally illogical and certainly not acceptable in concept nor practice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the duty and obligation of the Muslims to establish the truth and proofs of Islam and then allow others the freedom of choice to accept or reject the proofs. There are two principle sources of proof for the Muslim. They are:

The Quran - considered by Muslims to be the absolute Speech or Recitation of Allah, the Almighty. ('Quran' Ar. from the root; qr'a: to recite; Quran; lit. That which is recited).

The Hadeeth - teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him. (hadeeth - Ar. meaning, stories or narrations. The hadeeths have been collected, authenticated [in collections by Bukhari and Muslim called 'sahih', categorized, preserved and memorized for over 1,400 years; all in the original language [Arabic]).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allah says in His Quran:

Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things. [Surah al-Baqarah: 256]

Allah also says in Quran: If it had been your Lord's will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe? [Surah Yunus: 99]

And Allah says: So if they dispute with you, say I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me. And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: Do you also submit yourselves? If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah's sight are all of His servants. [Surah Al `Imran: 20]

Allah The Almighty has also said:
The Messenger's duty is but to proclaim the Message. [Surah Al-Maidah: 99]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Islam is wide open and you are free to ask any questions that you like. You do not have to accept the statement, "Just believe. It is a matter of faith. Don't question." Islam has proofs to back up its statements. The Quran and teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him, are all preserved in tact and in the memories of over 9 million people.

The proofs are available to everyone.There is no clergy in Islam or any hierarchy to deal with. We are all the same in front of Allah.Faith works side by side with proof so that your mind and heart are never at odds with each other.

Nobody has the right to hear your confessions of sins and mistakes, except Almighty God. And only He can forgive them. No human can guarantee that someone will enter Paradise or Hell.No one can make up some worship for himself or for others and then expect that Almighty God has to accept that from them.There is no compulsion in Islam. If you want to worship God on His terms, then you are welcome as a brother in faith. If not, that is your choice. No one can carry the burden of another's sins or guilt.None shall be asked (much less punished) about the sins of another. Every atom's weight of good and every atom's weight of evil is recorded.

Regards

(text from yusuf estes website)

Waterdrop

Banned
NO, i think you are here in intentions, not to cause trouble.by the way, when you say you believe in evolution do u mean that you believe we have all evolved from monkeys?

no, I believe God created animals one way and they evolved into different things like fish to lizards and back.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
no, I believe God created animals one way and they evolved into different things like fish to lizards and back.

This is something I got off the website rules
"- Interfaith Debates not allowed. These forums are not made for people to try and debate Muslims over any issues. Rather, this site is for Islamic information."

I cannot post something that is not against the rules(without an explanation I may add), but we can debate about things that are against the website rules..................

Sister_X

I don't believe that all of islam are terrorists.....

WE are called Muslims, Islam the religion. Islam means to submit to the lord, and the person who does so is called a Muslim. In some languages, when a person is walking, he is called walker, when one races he is called a racer when one lies he is called a politician, oh sorry, i mean a liar ( i always get those two word condused,no, i joke, i joke).

Yes, we muslims do have bad seeds, but unfortunately Muslim and terrorist seem to be synonym in the media these days.

Waterdrop

Banned
WE are called Muslims, Islam the religion. Islam means to submit to the lord, and the person who does so is called a Muslim. In some languages, when a person is walking, he is called walker, when one races he is called a racer when one lies he is called a politician, oh sorry, i mean a liar ( i always get those two word condused,no, i joke, i joke).

Yes, we muslims do have bad seeds, but unfortunately Muslim and terrorist seem to be synonym in the media these days.

no, you had it right politician is synonomis with liar.

I know that islam is the religion but what i meant is those that believe in islam.

Dear Waterdrop and the rest of the brothers & sisters,

There are many issues being discussed in this thread. I think we are giving Waterdrop way too much information for a person to digest. Let us be patient and let Waterdrop ask one question at a time.

I feel like Waterdrop has alot of questions and concerns, but let's tackle one question at a time. I can see so many different issues/topics being discussed and needs plenty of detail information to understand. For us it may seem simple because many of us already this stuff, but for a non-Muslim this is very difficult to grasp and not to mention brain overload!

wasalaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear brother you speak the truth. And I have to give Waterdrop a lot of credit.
Waterdrop..if there is anyway I can help you just pm me. I agree you are being engulfed with passionate information.
There are many paths to Allah.

Sister_X

TheHumbleWun you have a point. Too many things are being thrown things at one person...waterdrop is very parient....i haven't even said salaam to her. ...I'm' sorry Waterdrop i hope you and you're family are in good health.

salaam

Waterdrop

Banned
TheHumbleWun you have a point. Too many things are being thrown things at one person...waterdrop is very parient....i haven't even said salaam to her. ...I'm' sorry Waterdrop i hope you and you're family are in good health.

salaam

that's fine, I didn't even know what that was until just now so salaam to all those who I didn't say it to.:)

Sister_X

That is understandable, up till recently i didn't know what it meant either. By the way, Can anyone educate me on how to start a thread please?

That is understandable, up till recently i didn't know what it meant either. By the way, Can anyone educate me on how to start a thread please?

Asalaamalikum,

On the main page click "TurntoIslam Lounge" (on your left). Then click "New Thread" icon on your left.