Bye for now?

Shannonx

A lot of you may lose respect for me, but oh well. This gets pretty personal as well. I mean, reeaally personal. So if you're going to reply back and be rude, well then don't.

A lot of crap is going on in my life right now. Family issues, friend issues, 6 classes I have to worry about, a senior project, along with a math test that I have to pass in November or I won't graduate, and I am nothing but stressed out. I'm getting migraines from it, and I never get migraines only when i'm dealing with so much. Plus it doesn't help when your brother calls you stupid and your mom and dad basically tell you you're not going to go far in life and that I probably won't graduate. I'm getting talked about so much by my so called 'friends' that it's just making me feel so low and I hate it. It scared me today because I was actually thinking of committing suicide. Along with that, i'm feeling even more stressed out because of Islam. Before anyone goes and says "slow down, you're moving to fast" that really isn't true. I've been taking my time with everything and not rushing into anything, and i'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything that I just can't deal with it. I don't even know if taking a break from Islam is possible, but I feel like I should do that. I'm getting tired of worrying about Ramadan (which I hardly participated in), Eid, everything else. This probably isn't good news, if I can't deal with all this now then will I this time next year? I actually today while sitting in my room in quietness was thinking that it was a huge mistake for me to even become a Muslim, and that I regret even learning about Islam and that I don't even feel happiness anymore, and Islam was the only thing that made me happy. Maybe it's a punishment from Allah because i'm going furthur away from him. I don't know. I've tried praying to make me feel better, so I won't feel so depressed but it really doesn't help me. I've tried helping people and tried so much to be a much more nice person, but I get treated like crap in return.

So, unless a miracle happens and my mood changes, I won't be here until June of '08 when school is over. I make a big deal about coming here because I don't know any Muslims where I live, and it gets pretty lonely and it's comforting to know that I can come here and talk to them. But, my whole mood is making me kind of angry and I don't want to snap at someone, so i'll be leaving for now. But, thank you to everyone who helped me with all my questions before I appreciate it, and I wish you all the best. :SMILY139:

ummsami89

Im sorry you are feeling so low

Salam aliakum sister. I am so sorry you are feeling so low and depressed and stressed. Inshallah you will come back to Islam. i will make dua for you. This life, the dunya is a test remember that inshallah.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I'm really speechless :( but I'm sure no one will feel hatred and disgust towards you upon reading your post. I will Inshaa'Allaah include you in my Du'as and prayers and sister, if there's anything you need don't hesitate to drop me and the rest of the sisters a message. We'll see the best that we can do.

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum sister, Insha Allah everything will work out for you. May Allah give you the strength and the guidance to walk on the right path. Ameen.

Assalam Alaikum

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
People of all *faiths* and all *backgrounds* go through "crap" in life..and they go through "crap" that makes them stand at two choices...LIFE OR DEATH..

it's not comments..not tests..not a lot of school work..not lack of commitment towards religious practice..no.. it's *none* of that..it's matters of LIFE OR DEATH

subhanallah!

when Allah brings hardship in your path..He (swt) wants to purify you (through the ache and sorrow you feel as a consequence)..
He (swt) wants to strengthen you..and instill wisdom and endurance in your overall character..so that you better yourself in this world..and earn the reward for your patience in the hereafter..

no hardship lasts forever..people..including yourself..need to realize that!

and how much significance you give that hardship in mind and in heart..determines how strong of a warrior you're going to be when facing that hardship

and by the way..Islam disowns cowardness and weakness..
and Islam doesn't take pride and resents those who regret its blessing and its salvation and feel shame in coming to it and committing themselves to it

..because Islam..is not just an *identity* you pick-up and drop anytime you feel like life is *closing-in on you*..Islam is not an identity *at all*..

Islam..IS THE ISLAM OF ALLAH!!!..IT IS *THE WAY* OF ALLAH..AND it is *FROM* AND *FOR* ALLAH!!!

I ask those who struggle in their lives to PLEASE LEAVE ISLAM OUT OF IT..

unless you're *directly* and *specifically* and *for sure know* that you're struggling because of it (i.e. you have reverted and your family disowned you..etc.) then don't bring Islam into it!!!

and certainly..respect the feelings of the muslims who are going to read your post..because if *you* don't want to have anything to do with it..then there are people who *love* it beyond their *own lives* and it is the air they *breathe*..SO RESPECT THAT!

and as for your asking that no one writes something rude to you

..which i can see why..

i ask you to go back really quick and re-read your post..and pick-out some of the (blunt) comments you made and see how what you asked for..might not happen!..

LA HAWLA WALA QOWTA ILLA BILLAH WA ASTAGHFIROALLAH!

Salaamalikum,

Sister, stop and think for a second. Don't let your anger get the best of you. Do you think you are the ONLY Muslim in the world that goes hardships and stress. We're ALL human beings. Everyone has had their share, including myself. Get back on your two feet, stand up, learn to cope with your stress and problem rather than running away from them. Running away from Islam is not going to solve anything, because your life would then be meaningless which can lead to a greater depression and loneliness.

"God desires ease for you, and desires not hardship" (2:185);

"Truly with hardship comes ease" (94: 6)

You should know I enjoy reading your interesting threads, because they are so down to earth and normal human life encounters. Sometimes I wish I was your classmate :) If you need to take some time off that's understandable, but don't leave us. We all love you for the sake of Allah swt.

Read this:

How often do you hear yourself say, “I’m depressed”, “I feel down” or even “I am one depressed dude” (which may be followed by some head-banging). I’m going to generalise and say, we all do it quite often. I mean, I hear it ALL the time! From friends, family, colleagues, my brain, random people in the street….everywhere really. This could be a result of one of two things. Either the entire human race is suffering from depression, or in fact we tend to be overdramatic and misuse the word. According to a random dictionary, depression is “….sadness, gloom, emotional dejection, despair, pessimism…” so is someone really going to argue that we ALL suffer from depression like ALL the time? I don’t think so peeps. Let us ponder for a moment as to why we think we may be depressed…hmm ok I’m done pondering, I’ll tell you why. This may shock/offend you…but it’s a fact. We are ungrateful. Yup, that’s it. A universal truth of mankind and it is the main contributory factor to our so-called “depression”.

We get dragged into this warped version of reality, in which material things take over our lives. Instead of “SubhanAllah, InshAllah, MashAllah”, it’s the slightly selfish “Me, Me, Me”. We are forgetful creatures, us humans. Not the dope I can’t believe I forgot your anniversary thingy kind, but more like I’ve just managed to get out of this life threatening situation, so lets jump into a pool of flesh eating piranhas. It takes less than a moment for us to forget what we have, and think about what we don’t have. Perhaps its society that has made us this way, but that doesn’t make it more acceptable. There are so many things that trigger our “depression”…like not achieving the grades we want, arguments with people, not being able to afford things we want, not being happy with the way we look, feeling life is unfair…if I tried to list everything I’d be sitting here for the next 50 issues I reckon. The pattern you may or may not have noticed by now is that our depression tends to be a result of general discontentment. It’s sad to think about.

The only way we can get out of this trap is by changing our attitude. This may not necessarily mean changing the glasses/contacts you wear, but more of your perception of the world. For example, if you get results for an exam and it turns out that you do worse than you hoped…the usual way to react would be to; a) cry b) get angry and curse yourself/examiner or c) cry and then get angry and curse yourself/examiner. But, instead of thinking…My life is over! My parents are going to kill me, or if they don’t I’ll do it myself! Being a Muslim means we need to handle the situation in a different way. Even with patience and tolerance perhaps. It’s not an ‘I get what I want or it’s the end of the world’ situation…but more of ‘I shall take this as an experience, lesson from God, a test if you may’. It’s not about the situations we get into, but more of how we deal with it.

It doesn’t even have to be a situation; in fact it could just be that you are unhappy about your nose or something. We do get depressed about things like that too and this issue is one we’ve all either had or have seen others have. I know it’s easier said…but when you look in the mirror and think ‘Woah dude! Like has that thing expanded!’ think again, as I’m sure it hasn’t. We have to teach ourselves to say that wonderful word that we often forget… ‘Alhumdolilah’ Before thinking, before complaining, before we open our mouths to voice our depressions about our noses’…let us say ‘Alhumdolilah’. Is it not better to have a nose, and be able to smell the wonders of nature (hoping you don’t live near a farm), the aromas that come from the kitchen when your mum is cooking…or the scent of familiar things? So you have a big nose? You’ll get over it InshAllah peeps. It’s not something to get depressed about. If we want to see real depression I reckon we should switch on a news channel…

So let us stop and be grateful brothers and sisters. Especially as we are young AND Muslim at the same time! How lucky is that Alhumdolilah. Not only have we been blessed with benefits of youth…being able to stay up all night to do Ibadah without too much trouble…being able to stand up for 20+ rakats without tiring much…and having enough energy to race around spreading peace and Islam without even breaking a sweat! BUT we also have been given the amazing opportunity to practice Islam in our youth!

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah will give shade, to seven, on the Day when there will be no shade but His. These seven include… a person who worships Allah in his youth…” (Bukhari: Hadith- 53, Book- Adhaan)

So people, let us not follow society’s trends and be amongst the…‘Young and Depressed’. For we have much to be grateful for in our lives Alhumdolilah, and so much we can do if we stop wasting our valuable time being depressed. Everything that life throws at you, is just part of the ultimate test…all we have to do is just deal with every situation as it arises in the best possible way, no matter how much it sucks.

“And We shall try and test you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience…” (47:31)

May Allah (swt) help us through life’s tests!

Written by Sidrah Khan

arabiantxn

I feel very saddened to know that you are going thru difficult times. I whish we could help and we will definitely pray that things get better for you Shannonx inshallah. I don’t know what to say 1 just don’t give up. 2work hard face everything I know it’s overwhelming (I am presently in a similar situation.) 3 Keep your head high.4 Practice math every day.5 – your senior paper – I would suggest you pick a topic which interest you and something which has tons of research material on it . For example – World War 2 or some thing like that. Read about it PLAN IT OUT – your topics and your paragraphs. – One more think you are a Muslim know you cannot convert back or change – sorry to tell you – LOL. You are our kin our friend our pal- please visit us – cause you may forget us but we will not forget you no matter what you decide you are still free to post here .also one last thing remember allah for its god only you can count on when everything goes sour . take care good luck ! –may allah help you
This forum is like a heard of cattle we all are cows - ie we all stick together
:salah: :tti_sister: :SMILY259:

meer suhail

ILM seeker
hmmmmm

:salam2:

well all i want to say is ,,,,,,,, Surah Al Ankabut 29

1. Alif-Lâm-Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings.]

2. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.

3. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allâh will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allâh knows all that before putting them to test).

4. Or think those who do evil deeds that they can outstrip Us (i.e. escape Our punishment)? Evil is that which they judge!

5. Whoever hopes for the Meeting[2] with Allâh, then Allâh’s Term is surely coming and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

6. And whosoever strives, he strives only for himself. Verily, Allâh stands not in need of any of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).

7. Those who believe [in the Oneness of Allâh (Monotheism) and in Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , and do not give up their faith because of the harm they receive from the polytheists], and do righteous good deeds, surely, We shall expiate from them their evil deeds and shall reward them according to the best of that which they used to do.[1]

8. And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents; but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what you used to do.

9. And for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh and the other articles of Faith)[2] and do righteous good deeds, surely, We shall make them enter with (in the entrance of) the righteous (in Paradise).
10. Of mankind are some who say: "We believe in Allâh." But if they are made to suffer for the sake of Allâh, they consider the trial of mankind as Allâh’s punishment; and if victory comes from your Lord, (the hypocrites) will say: "Verily we were with you (helping you)." Is not Allâh Best Aware of what is in the breasts of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind and jinn).
11. Verily, Allâh knows those who believe, and verily, He knows the hypocrites [i.e. Allâh will test the people with good and hard days to discriminate the good from the wicked, although Allâh knows all that before putting them to test].
12. And those who disbelieve say to those who believe: "Follow our way and we will verily bear your sins." Never will they bear anything of their sins. Surely, they are liars.
13. And verily, they shall bear their own loads, and other loads besides their own; and verily, they shall be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about that which they used to fabricate.

I Pray for the best ,,Hope u get out of this stressing time with ease Ameen ,,EID MUBARAK

Bluegazer

Hello Shannonx,

I am saddened by your post. I am sad to know about the difficulties you're going through, but more specifically, by your statement:

I don't even know if taking a break from Islam is possible, but I feel like I should do that.

I'm not going to pretend I know what you're talking about. I was born into a Muslim family and in a Muslim country, so I really can't say I experienced any of what you're going through.

However, I have seen converts who went through much worse than you did, and they stayed as Muslims.

Abdur Raheem Green [formerly Anthony Green] got a phone call from his mother telling him that she and his father are writing him off from their will.

Do you think he left Islam?

He did not leave Islam.

If you want, you can listen to his story on the following link:

http://www.islamsgreen.com/talks/canada/islam101_what_it_means_to_be_a_muslim.html

I don't know if it's in the "Main talk: MP3" or the "Q&A: MP3" file, but it's in there. I sincerely advise you to listen to them both.

Aminah Assilmi [an American woman who changed her name to a Muslim name] had her young children taken away from her by a Court in America.

Do you think she left Islam?

She did not leave Islam.

Watch this video of her and see what she went through:

[vg]3007125587197317811[/vg]

May Allah strengthen the faith of Abdur Raheem Green and Aminah Assilmi and reward them for their endurance and patience.

Aameen.

Our prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him] had six of his seven children die in his lifetime [Al-Qaasim, Abdullah, Ibraahim, Ruqayya, Umm Qulthoum and Zainab] and faced many other hard trials.

Allah the Almighty has said:

Verily, We have created man in toil.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 90:4]

This life is a test. We have good times and we have bad times. Sometimes the tests are very hard. But however they are hard, they are absolutely nothing compared to what will face person who dies as a Kaafir [disbeliever].

Allah the Almighty said:

Verily, those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers, it is they on whom is the Curse of Allâh and of the angels and of mankind, combined. They will abide therein (under the curse in Hell), their punishment will neither be lightened, nor will they be reprieved.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 2:161-162]

Verily, those who disbelieved, and died while they were disbelievers, the (whole) earth full of gold will not be accepted from anyone of them even if they offered it as a ransom[2]. For them is a painful torment and they will have no helpers.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 3:91]

But whoever dies as a Muslim will have the ultimate reward, as Allah the Almighty has said:

Verily those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous deeds, shall have the Gardens of Al-Firdaus (Paradise) for their entertainment. Wherein they shall dwell (forever). No desire will they have for removal therefrom.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 18:107-108]

And Allah has said:

Do they only wait for the Hour that it shall come upon them suddenly, while they perceive not? Friends on that Day will be foes one to another except Al-Muttaqûn (the pious). My worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve, (You) who believed in Our Ayât (proofs, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and were Muslims (i.e. who submit totally to Allâh’s Will, and believe in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism). Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness. Trays of gold and cups will be passed round them; (there will be) therein all that inner-selves could desire, and all that eyes could delight in and you will abide therein forever. This is the Paradise which you have been made to inherit because of your deeds which you used to do (in the life of the world). Therein for you will be fruits in plenty, of which you will eat (as you desire).

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 43:66-73]

That's the ultimate prize. And that's what its really all about. To be saved from the Fire and to enter Paradise should make all the hardships bearable and tolerable.

As to why bad things happen, please watch the following video by Yasir Qadhi. He'll answer the question in the Q & A session after the main lecture:

[vg]3471672876192974365[/vg]

And please check out my remarks about some of his statements in the video [although the don't relate to the topic of this thread] by clicking on the following link. It's a long post, but I mentioned a link in it to the above video and some important remarks about the video:

http://www.imanway.com/en/showpost.php?p=16242&postcount=32

Finally, don't believe that every thought that comes in your mind must mean what you really want to do. Somtimes it's the whisperings of Satan who wants to deviate you from the straight path [i.e., Islam].

I'll leave you with the following verse of the Qur'an:

O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh. But Allâh is Rich (Free of all needs), Worthy of all praise.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 35:15]

I wish you all best,

Bluegazer

Shannonx

Okay well let me start off and say that I didn't want to offend anyone. That was my LAST intention. Why I posted this here is because I don't know any Muslims where I live, I have no Muslim to talk to directly about this, so I came here to seek help. Maybe I should of said that and said I would read your replies. I know we all have problems, I wasn't trying to make it seem like "poor me, i'm the only one with problems in this world'' if it came out that way, then i'm sorry I didn't mean it too. If you know me, you'd know I never ever speak out out about what i'm going through because I hate making it seem like i'm the only one with problems because I know i'm not. I just let out everything I was feeling, that was it.

The reason why I was thinking that I regreted converting to Islam was because I don't think I was ready or motivated enough to start praying, and to learn everything else. I don't regret it because I don't believe in Islam still, no I still believe in Allah, the day of judgment, Muhammad (pbuh) and all the prophets.

<<and certainly..respect the feelings of the muslims who are going to read your post..because if *you* don't want to have anything to do with it..then there are people who *love* it beyond their *own lives* and it is the air they *breathe*..SO RESPECT THAT!>>

Um, I do respect Muslims and their feelings. No matter what, I still love my brothers and sisters. I would never come here and put them down when a lot of them here helped me. Like I said, i'm sorry if it came out that way like I didn't care.

Bluegazer

A point worth mentioning is the we all go through tough times.

Every one of us [including myself] has had a bad experinece and went through [or is going through] some really bad situations.

It's just part of this life.

Bluegazer

You wrote:

The reason why I was thinking that I regreted converting to Islam was because I don't think I was ready or motivated enough to start praying, and to learn everything else. I don't regret it because I don't believe in Islam still, no I still believe in Allah, the day of judgment, Muhammad (pbuh) and all the prophets.

If you have all those beliefs, then you're still a Muslim.

Not performing your five obligatory prayers is a very great sin. If you stop praying [while still believing that they are obligatory and that you're a sinner for not praying] then -according to many scholars- you're still a Muslim.

And a sinning Muslim is very different than a non Muslim.

They are, however, some scholars who say that not performing the five obligatory prayers do cause one to leave Islam.

I'm not going to mention the two opinions in detail now.

The important thing is that you still believe in the Six Pillars of Faith. And you also need to get back to praying the five obligatory prayers.

I strongly urge you to find practicing Muslim sisters who have good manners. You need some good company.

Shannonx

<<A point worth mentioning is the we all go through tough times.

Every one of us [including myself] has had a bad experinece and went through [or is going through] some really bad situations.

It's just part of this life.>>

I know..
I wasnt trying to make it seem like i'm the only one with problems. I know everyone has their own problems, it's life. I just needed to let that out, i've been holding it in for so long now and I have nobody else to talk to about it. It just upsets me by the fact that people think i'm just making it all about me and think i'm the only one going through stuff right now when I know i'm not. I just needed help is all. Plus I was worried by the fact that I tried praying and I didn't feel better. I should of written that in the original post, but I just wasn't thinking.

Bluegazer

A person needs someone to talk to and share the trials, tribualtions and happy moments in this life. That's why I really advise that you find a good practicing Muslim sister.

Having a friend in the real world [i.e., not on a message board on the internet] is really important.

And California is a state that has many Muslims.

Bluegazer

I'm sorry, sister Shannon, but I have to go now.

I know that you haven't watched the videos I posted [since if you did, you'd be still watching them now and not replying to me because they are long].

By seeing what these people went through, and comparing them with yourself, I hope that makes you feel better.

To all my brothers and [especially] sisters is Islam, please keep reading this post and replying to sister Shannonx.

I wish you all the best,

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

P.S. There's one piece of legislation that really made me laugh.

What do you think of it?:

188. S.J.RES.59 : A joint resolution designating the square dance as the national folk dance of the United States.
Sponsor: Sen Byrd, Robert C. [WV] (introduced 3/30/1981) Cosponsors (31)
Committees: Senate Judiciary; House Post Office and Civil Service
Latest Major Action: 6/1/1982 Became Public Law No: 97-188

Source: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdque...3](Public_Laws)[[o]]|TOM:/bss/d097query.html|

??!!

Shannonx

No, it's okay. They don't have to reply...I think I know what will be said anyways.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I will tomorrow (Sunday afternoon) since it'd almost 3 and I should go to bed. But i`ll watch it.

OmarTheFrench

Salam,Seriously I don't see the matter between have problems and regret your conversion to Islam ?

I passed by lot of problems after my conversion, in my personal and professional live, but where is the matter between that problems and regret my submission to Allah ? There is no matter.

I'm sorry for you sister seriously...

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: sister!

I'm not gonna write a lot....I could stress u out more ;) . But my suggestion is: the only simple thing that you can do now, in this situation, is to make du'a! Ask Allah to help you, to give you more patience and to let you stay firm in your religion :inshallah: Don't think about your situation too much, just speak to Allah when u are one to one with Him in prayer. Then if you are looking for Him to speak to you read the Qur'an! Insh'Allah it will help u a lot!

Please sister, don't let the Shaytaan win u! Jannah(paradise) is for those who have patience! :tti_sister: